The online racing simulator
How to save conversations
(15 posts, started )
Is there a way to save conversations of LFS, in past versions i saw that there was one, but yesterday i couldnt find it with W, and if it's one on what folder does it save??

Thx

Sorry for my english
From wheat I've heard, LFS doesn't save conversations automatically anymore, so in your LFS directory make a new .txt file (test.txt for example) then when in-game, type /log text.exe
Haha, I thought you meant marriage problems .

Useful command though, I didn't even know it exists.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :From wheat I've heard, LFS doesn't save conversations automatically anymore, so in your LFS directory make a new .txt file (test.txt for example) then when in-game, type /log text.exe

wow, thx im going to do it,,
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :From wheat I've heard, LFS doesn't save conversations automatically anymore, so in your LFS directory make a new .txt file (test.txt for example) then when in-game, type /log text.exe

You mean test.txt?
#6 - Misko
Just type /log test.txt LFS will make the file for you.
Open the file "data\script\autoexec.lfs" and Add the line /log=messages.txt Now it will log to that file every time you start LFS. The filename can be different. The File will be saved in the LFS-main-Folder. The autoexec.lfs file is a script (a series of /commands) which is run when LFS reaches the entry screen at startup.
Quote from matze54564 :Open the file "data\script\autoexec.lfs" and Add the line /log=messages.txt Now it will log to that file every time you start LFS. The filename can be different. The File will be saved in the LFS-main-Folder. The autoexec.lfs file is a script (a series of /commands) which is run when LFS reaches the entry screen at startup.

how i open it? with notepad?, and if its with notepad where do i put that of /log=messages...........
#9 - Davo
Quote from chanoman315 :how i open it? with notepad?, and if its with notepad where do i put that of /log=messages...........

Yes notepad. You can put it right at the bottom of everything else.
Speaking of logs, I created this for removing everything (almost) but the chatter from a LFS log file. It utilizes a package called RPL

(This is a bash script. It will not run in a windows/dos prompt enviroment)

#!/bin/bash

if [ "$1" = "" ]
then
echo "No log file specified"
elif [ -e $1 ]
then
echo processing $1
grep ' : ' $1 | grep -v 'InSim : ' | grep -v 'Fastest lap : ' | grep -v 'PENALTY' | grep -v 'Latin 1' | grep -v 'LFS DEDICATED HOST' | grep -v 'Autocross : 3 checkpoints' | grep -v 'Autocross : 2 checkpoints' | grep -v 'Autocross : 1 checkpoint' > "${1}_chat.log"
rpl --quiet ' : ' ': ' "${1}_chat.log" >/dev/null 2>&1
rpl --quiet '^L' '' "${1}_chat.log" >/dev/null 2>&1
rpl --quiet '^l' '<' "${1}_chat.log" >/dev/null 2>&1
rpl --quiet '^r' '>' "${1}_chat.log" >/dev/null 2>&1
rpl --quiet '^v' '|' "${1}_chat.log" >/dev/null 2>&1
echo "created ${1}_chat.log"
else
echo "File doesn't exist"

fi

I haven't replaced all the ^-codes yet.
ok ive done everything of putting /log=messages.txt in the script, now it will save the conversations?, but if I put /log in a server, it says that i dont have admin rights
Fraps --> Screenshot

Or

Printscreen / Paint

:P
Quote from chanoman315 :ok ive done everything of putting /log=messages.txt in the script, now it will save the conversations?, but if I put /log in a server, it says that i dont have admin rights

Thats right, therefore u need the script how i said. The file will be created after restart LFS in the LFS-main-folder.

Quote from Tomtheman70 :Fraps --> Screenshot

Now LFS make own error free screenshots use for this just the hotkey CTRL+S
The LFS-shots will be saved in the shots-folder of the data-directory. I don´t know since which patch it works, but its relative new, in patch W works it already. LFS will just save BMP-files. You can just convert all the BMPs to JPGs with one click, use for this just Easy Thumbnails .
Quote from matze54564 :Thats right, therefore u need the script how i said. The file will be created after restart LFS in the LFS-main-folder.

Now LFS make own error free screenshots use for this just the hotkey CTRL+S
The LFS-shots will be saved in the shots-folder of the data-directory. I don´t know since which patch it works, but its relative new, in patch W works it already. LFS will just save BMP-files. You can just convert all the BMPs to JPGs with one click, use for this just Easy Thumbnails .

I had to click more than one time to set up the program...
Quote from Tomtheman70 :I had to click more than one time to set up the program...

Important:
- Change the settings in the program and close it just before making thumbnails
-
Select all files u wanna convert
- right click at selected files and chosing "Make Thumbnail"
- Then are in the changeable Thumbnails-folder the thumbnails.

Every resolution is possible. You can create small thumbnails and thumbnails in the same resolution but just in another format, so is it possible to make JPG-Files with BMP-Sources.

If u have to make thumbnails from many images, it can take some time, but u can just going to drink coffee or going to make other things with the PC during this program make all your thumbnails.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG