The online racing simulator
Better Light Syncing
(17 posts, started )
Better Light Syncing
I was screwing around with this new program called LfsStrobe, mostly for drifters and for cops & robbers.

It works like so, it presses the following buttons, 7,8,0 and G in different intervals of milliseconds. Like this:

7 50 ms
0 50 ms
7 50 ms
G 50 ms
0 50 ms
G 50 ms
8 50 ms
0 50 ms
8 50 ms

So on.

BUT, the downside is people online cannot see your crazy lightworks because it isnt syncd to millisecond intervals.

Just a thought. I'll post up a video of the program soon.
I don't need light blinking for racing... -10
And you really count for 10 people.
#4 - joen
Quote from LazLoW :
BUT, the downside is people online cannot see your crazy lightworks because it isnt syncd to millisecond intervals.

The DOWNside?
Why do other people need to see it?

OMG, now that is really unnecessary and time-wasting. -10, too.
I dont want drifters sending me 20 packets a second per person so I can see their flashing lights.

edit: btw, I made an app like that before (for cops), and had to keep the lights on for 1 second before switching to other lights, otherwise other people don't see it.
Besides being totally useless, this whole thing wouldn't work out anyway. First there is the problem of a possible packet flood generated by this, second the ping/latency will pretty much make any attempt at good synchronization futile.

Why does everyone have to be so closed minded about a cool little feature thats completely simple.

idc trash the bitch, I can't seem to make a good suggestion lately.
Quote from LazLoW :Why does everyone have to be so closed minded about a cool little feature thats completely simple.

Because "crazy lightworks" as you call them in your first post are neither needed at all nor "cool". They are just annoying IMO.
Noez!! I need teh flashing lights for mah 24 hour race, to keep those GTR cars on their toes!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Noez!! I need teh flashing lights for mah 24 hour race, to keep those GTR cars on their toes!

I want a light on me antenna
i do not like this idea too... the only thing i could imagin it would be useful, to have somethink like "pacecar lightning" for league racing...
but in 99% the normal 9 is enought for it...
Quote from LazLoW :I was screwing around with this new program called LfsStrobe, mostly for drifters and for cops & robbers.

No offense, but right there is your answer to wondering why everyone would be against this. LFS is not a drifting and/or cops and robbers simulator. It is a racing simulator with racing being the key word. It's great that you can do other stuff like drift and play cops and robbers with it, but that isn't LFS's focus. Racing is the only focus.
hey man..ive been looking for this..post the link for me to the download

+87 lol
In a race it would be annoying to see someone flashing his lights all the time. Are you making this program? Why don't improve it so that it flashes the lights with music? Here's another crazy idea: Make an app which updates the license plate every 10ms. That way we could have a scrolling text in the license plate!
Quote from Aquilifer :In a race it would be annoying to see someone flashing his lights all the time. Are you making this program? Why don't improve it so that it flashes the lights with music? Here's another crazy idea: Make an app which updates the license plate every 10ms. That way we could have a scrolling text in the license plate!

And maybe a red moving LED in the hood that makes a wooz-sound (and a talking watch and turbo boost button)
-10^EE666 I hope this evil mod implodes under its own unsuitability for LFS, and in doing so crush your aspiration for innovation and any fun you and your friends may have with LFS, and finaly slingshot you and all other deviants from the Holy Conventional Grip Racing out of the sanctimonious LFS galaxy like twin stars orbiting twin black holes just the right way.

Better Light Syncing
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG