The online racing simulator
8800 & Lfs
(12 posts, started )
8800 & Lfs
Is there problem running lfs and the new 8 series cards?? since i installed mine after a complete format and new install, lfs wont bootup, or does lfs need to be a fresh install as well to get rid of somehting its holding from my past hardware setup??
No problem here with my 8800 GTX. Below is the contents of my card_cfg file.

Adapter Select 0
Adapter Name NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
Use HVS 1
ZBD Select 2
Simple Track 0
Cheers for the reply m8, but it seems there more to this now, everything runs fine, but the minute i execute a game, they wont boot through, and then the pc reboots, any idea's?
#4 - Jakg
Whats your PSU? is the extra plug plugged into the 8800?

Sounds like the second the card switches to "3D Mode" and starts actually putting its power to use it runs out of power, and dies.
Sounds like a faulty card to me. I had similar problems years ago, turned out the memory on the card was shot.
PSU is 600w, plenty for the single 8800gts..yes the plug is in the rear..

Quote :Sounds like the second the card switches to "3D Mode" and starts actually putting its power to use it runs out of power, and dies.

Yes thats a good discription..
#7 - Jakg
which PSU though? it may not have the amperage
Did you install the chipset drivers for your motherboard? Make sure in the device manager every device has an up to date driver.

Does your computer also crash when you run the DirectX 3d tests?

What os are you running anyway, xp or vista?
Quote from Jakg :it may not have the amperage

Rofl at the word "amperage"

Mark have you messed with anything in the bios? did you go from SLI to single card?
what driver are you using the 1 on the CD or the latest download?

SD.
PS your T7R sig here includes the old url
Yes i went from sli to single, and yes i did all the changes needed for that, i tried the latest 3 drivers..i have spoken to BFG support, went through a few checks with them about pc specs, stuff i new was correct, they want to do a rma now, so to me they are saying i have a duff one..It seems the minute i execute a game, and the card goes into 3dmode thats it..
I think the card is broken and its not realted to PSU problems.
Are you using Vista or WindowsXP?NVIDIA still has a lot of problems with drivers in Vista.

LFS even didnt use the pixels shaders in GPU and use very limited the vertex shaders so the 8800 series dont juice so much energy.I have 7900GT at 550/1600 and while in other games it can go close to 75 degree in LFS it get just to 58 so it means there is no much heat = WAT ussage is very low.

8800 & Lfs
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG