The online racing simulator

Poll : Do you like Multiculturalism In The Community?

Definitely!
It's all the same to me.
No, I'd rather be separated.
Do you like Multiculturalism In The Community?
So, do you enjoy the fact that the people playing LFS are from all over the world? I personally think it is great, and it allows me to experience people from all over the world !

It also lets me teach people about where I live, and it's just a good thing to discuss And even the language barrier is fine, in fact, it helps me learn a bit about other languages

What about you guys?
I find it more interesting that we can talk to people and beyond in mere milliseconds to people across the world.

But in this case, I prefer to actually meet the people I race against, thus DeadWolfBones and I got together for a race up at a not-so-local race track.
I hate the whole 'mysterious person behind the monitor' situation, it just bothers me in whole and to be honest I'm completely different in the real world than I am on a computer, which.. I hate.

Nonetheless it's still interesting to hear what people have to say from parts of the world I will probably never see in my lifetime.
Yeah I like the foreign people. I like most of them anyway, except the Spanish, French, German, Belgian, Italian, Finnish, Swedish, Latvian, Estonian, American, Swiss, Austrian, Canadian, Russian, Danish and Australian ones. And of course the Norwegians - I haven't forgotten about you, Norway. Your time will come.

Oh yes.
glad you didn't mention ... oh damn you did.

@#$@
Quote from thisnameistaken :Yeah I like the foreign people. I like most of them anyway, except the Spanish, French, German, Belgian, Italian, Finnish, Swedish, Latvian, Estonian, American, Swiss, Austrian, Canadian, Russian, Danish and Australian ones. And of course the Norwegians - I haven't forgotten about you, Norway. Your time will come.

Oh yes.

ROFLMAO ... i nearly fell off my seat cause of that!

Personally i think the multicultural aspect of LFS is a great thing, another part of what makes the LFS community special.
I'm waiting for the first Kazakh LFS player...is nice!

#7 - SamH
Quote from mkserve :ROFLMAO ... i nearly fell off my seat cause of that!

No, Mike, I keep telling you it's the Southern Comfort! :rolleyes:

The multiculturalism is pretty amazing, really. With stable net connections with low latency getting more and more common around the world, it's normal to be barrelling towards T1 with people from the other side of the world.. and that, I find pretty astounding when I stop to think about it.

Plus, beating a Fin on a RallyX track is definitely one of the high points, for me. Especially since it's only happened once
Post the replay or be thought a liar for eternity

I beat a Finn once. It was a huge struggle and I finally prevailed by using all my skill and daring and strength - and that 5-year old girl never played LFS again.
Yes, definitely! I love to hook with some Portugal guys although I have forgotten most of the Portuguese.
#10 - Nine
I feel the range of individuals coming from all over the world is a great aspect. It really gives someone the chance to meet new people, and not only new people in their country, but others from different countries.

BTW - Where abouts in Canada do you live Critical, I'm pretty close to the Canadian border?
Quote from thisnameistaken :Yeah I like the foreign people. I like most of them anyway, except the Spanish, French, German, Belgian, Italian, Finnish, Swedish, Latvian, Estonian, American, Swiss, Austrian, Canadian, Russian, Danish and Australian ones. And of course the Norwegians - I haven't forgotten about you, Norway. Your time will come.

Oh yes.

Hahah!!-here is a map I made up, in a deliciously bloody colour (note, colour, Canadian) :

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5024/mapkillhv1.jpg

You eliminated most of the Northern Hemisphere!!!

Quote from Hankstar :Post the replay or be thought a liar for eternity

I beat a Finn once. It was a huge struggle and I finally prevailed by using all my skill and daring and strength - and that 5-year old girl never played LFS again.

The smart-ass remarks in this thread are killing me hahahahah!

Quote from keithano :Yes, definitely! I love to hook with some Portugal guys although I have forgotten most of the Portuguese.

My father is Portuguese..wait why am I saying this?

Anyways, I think what really makes LFS is the online, and the lack of lag is astoundingly great!

And nine, I am representing T-Dot (Toronto :razz

Yes, I truly am in favour of multiculturalism

White Supremacy!! (j/k)
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift : The smart-ass remarks in this thread are killing me hahahahah!

One Canuck down, many millions to go
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :And nine, I am representing T-Dot (Toronto :razz

Pahhhhleeease I think you are getting a bit ahead of yourself. If anyone should represent T.O. it should be me and you know it .

About multiculturalism in LFS, I think its great, but its too bad I can't race people from the far east too often because of the massive time difference. Ahh if only they'd set their clocks to GMT-5, wouldn't the LFS world be a better place?
I represent for the North Half of Vancouver Island!!!

Hankstar, your time will come, when Australia sinks, like we know that it will.
I dunno dusty, you guys have a lot more unmelted snow & ice on your doorstep than we do
When the Big Melt comes, we'll all just move inland and watch smugly as our deserts turn into gigantic glorious beaches
Naah. The dingos will eat you all.
Nah, they always go for the backpackers first ...
Well, then would you like this lovely Toronto Maple Leafs backpack?
Just looking at this thread now and It's amazing how fast it can go off-topic.

I voted 'It's all the same to me' because i never really race on foreign servers, Mainly australian servers due to the lag.
I think it's great that LFS has such a massive cultural diversity and I think that that's what makes it such a great racing simulator (didn't wanna say game).
The language support is second to none and the sheer "out of game" support (i.e forums and the users on it) is fantastic; bar the few bad seeds.

This game will surely live on even past this so called 'next gen' phase. Graphics do not mean anything if the game feels like crap. I for one will be standing by this game in 5 years time saluting the dedication of the whole team and all the users who have put alot into making this great sim what it is today and for the future!
Quote from Hankstar :I'm waiting for the first Kazakh LFS player...

Can't.

Playing online game is untrue to great National Spirit of Kazakh people, and capital offense. The accused is being left in field, at the mercy of herd of testosterone-crazed stallions. Also great spectacle, many people like.

Oh yes.

Nice bit of Monty Pythonism there Graham

As for myself, I've always loved how the Internet brings people with common interests together, making the community bigger and more varied. Can't be that bad of a thing.
I love the fact that all (Or at least most :P ) of us get along great even though we're thousands of miles away from each other.

If this board wasn't english I probably wouldn't have bought this game because buying an online game that has a community that speaks a language different to I would just be too hard. :/

Yea yea, typical American, I know.

Just FYI though, I respect all of you guys just as if I've known you all my life, I'm just that kind of warm hearted e-guy. :P

(Its either that or the ecstasy... shhhh)
Oh yes.

You didn't mention the Czechs Kev, means you like us

I have to say that multiculturalism in LFS is pretty amazing and I think its great. Racing with people from all around the globe is great fun.

Definitely all for it!
tbh this isn't my first online game and for me the internet has become so second nature and such a part of my life that I dont bat an eyelid at the fact that somebody is foreign. To me the internet is more aligned around communities of like-mindedness - that is, if you enjoy blowing up Yanks or Chinks you play BF2, if you enjoy blowing up Dragons in Dungeons you play World of Warcraft, if you enjoy blowing away the opposition you play Live for Speed. To me the communities themselves are more of a flag than a persons country of origin.

Of course, within every community, there exists an internet forum. The design purpose of which is to prove that Humans can't get along with each other. Aside from that though, i'm here for the racing and so are you - and I really dont care what flag you salute with your corn flakes (provided you speak English, of course).
Most of us are from Europe and the American continent and that really isn't what I would call multiculturalism in a sense that you meet people who are VERY different from you.

If we would all speak perfect english we probably wouldn't even notice that we are playing with people all over "the world".

edit: oops forgot about Australians, there is alot of them too. Good thing the boomerang is not a inter-continental weapon haha.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG