The online racing simulator
MSI ATI 2900XT pictures
(30 posts, started )
I am currently considering getting this card, I am planning a serious pc upgrade in June/July depending how the job goes but I will certainly buy a ATI card... I may wait a little while for other versions of the card to become available and the drivers to be improved. The Radeon 2900XT has 512mb of ram right? now i am not a techno geek like some people here but how much does the graphics ram actually matter to the performance?

will a nVidia 8800gtx 768mb out perform a radeon 2900xt 512mb ?

I know not all the performace is down to the ram, but instead the architecture but there must be some benefit in having more ram.. right?

mad
Quote from Madman_CZ :I know not all the performace is down to the ram, but instead the architecture but there must be some benefit in having more ram.. right?

It's mostly about having more room for bigger textures. I would (and did) personally go for as much ram as you can get on the card.
#28 - Jakg
Quote from Madman_CZ :will a nVidia 8800gtx 768mb out perform a radeon 2900xt 512mb ?

Yes, atm the 29000 is a lame duck - in the US their giving free games and gaming mice away with the thing and it STILL won't sell!
#30 - Jakg
The ultimate add, buy a G80 and get a free Bald Guy!

MSI ATI 2900XT pictures
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG