The online racing simulator
Red Bull DTM
(22 posts, started )
Red Bull DTM
Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline 2007
3 Mattias Ekström
4 Martin Tomczyk

This is the audi DTM of Ekstrom (Winner of 2006 Race of Champions) and Tomczyk. I'll be making the two variations of the car, with red & yellow finishings.

I'll get started soon!

ps: There is a similar skin already released, but I intend on doing the latest version of this car in as much detail as possible. I'm aiming towards a Red Bull skin pack eventually (I've got FOX, BF1 and FXO skins completed).

There's also a fantastic 2006 skin pack here
first step - side stripe & logo
Attached images
wip_fxr_dtm_rb_01.jpg
looking good so far
step 2, front stripes + a few sponsor logos.

speaking of, I'm having real trouble finding some logos (see attached). Can anyone please help? I have the PCT one, the others aren't that easy to find... I've tried BotW & some google action... I might just recreate them once i figure out what fonts they are (www.whatthefont.com).
Attached images
wip_fxr_dtm_rb_02.jpg
audidtmlogos.jpg
oz racing i think you will need to make but should be easy enouh as theoz racing logo is on BotW. The "audi sport" is arial i think,not sure if it is normal or bold though.

Skin is looking nice though
step 3... getting there!

I've decided against replicating the grill and badges... though it's been done well elsewhere, I'm not a big fan of 'paint on' parts. It'll just have to keep its FXR front
Attached images
wip_fxr_dtm_rb_03.jpg
thanks for the help but, like I said, they don't have the same logo. I'll have to recreate the 'racing' part myself. It's not a problem at all, but it was worth asking around whilst I worked on other parts...
Really need to fix that inconsistancy of the striping along your B-pillar. other than that, that's top notch looking, so far

*ninjaedit* ... Actually. That looks akin to the car (s) in the photos, my bad. Cheers mate.
Quote from Voided :Really need to fix that inconsistancy of the striping along your B-pillar. other than that, that's top notch looking, so far

*ninjaedit* ... Actually. That looks akin to the car (s) in the photos, my bad. Cheers mate.

Yeah it just looks different because the FXR has a much curvier surface there - from a perpendicular or rear angle it looks nice and flowing.
Very nice skin could i have after ?
thanks. I'll be making them public... I've only spent 3 brief nights on it so far, will finish next week sometime I guess.
All done, pending any changes from suggestions. Please take a look and let me know if anything could be done better, or anything added. Also note that I've decided against making this an audi look-alike skin, so no grill or taillights etc painted on. Edit: just noticed I've nudged a bit of the grey paint on the front right by accident, already fixed.
Attached images
wip_fxr_dtm2007_rb.jpg
I would still add the Audi badge to the front and rear, but without the grill
Quote from ACCAkut :I would still add the Audi badge to the front and rear, but without the grill

Yeah I've been considering that... maybe I will
#19 - Vain
Great skin. But I'm not a fan of faked brand badges. It's just not an Audi. Have you considered removing the Audi badges and putting a replacement there?
Here's an old non-anti-aliased picture of an example of a rebranded car design.

Vain
Quote from Vain :Great skin. But I'm not a fan of faked brand badges. It's just not an Audi. Have you considered removing the Audi badges and putting a replacement there?
Here's an old non-anti-aliased picture of an example of a rebranded car design.

Vain

thanks... Like i've said in this thread, I'm not a fan of it either. That's why I've avoided re-painting the nose to match an audi, and I've made compromises to fit the shape of the FXR when needed. I do, however, want to replicate the livery as close as possible. I can't do that without the large audi graphics... but it's not so bad... some forms of motorsport do this where the car is barely recognisable from it's original anyway, like nascar/stock cars for example.

Another skin of this same car was done with the whole audi kit painted on (and it's done quite well, linked in first post), but I tried to keep it FXR. For example, there was no need for me to add exhaust plating on the sides as per the audi as the FXR already has some. It also only has an exhaust on one side...

Anyways... I've got one person saying add the audi badge, and another saying remove all audi references... I tried the badges and it looks hell ugly on the front, but it works well on the back. So should I release with the rear badge or none at all (the audi decals are staying)?
Lets see how it looks with audi badges and grill
nah I'm happy with how it is now. An FXR with audi sponsoring :P

Red Bull DTM
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG