The online racing simulator
Gentlefoot.com Track Guides
(56 posts, started )
#26 - Jakg
in case you get worried FF might put stuff on your system, grab Portable Firefox - it runs with no reg entries and will run off a flash drive - great for a "dev copy"
videos still aren't working in my firefox.
ahah, oops.

thanks for the correction.
server now set to FE Gold for some dual class mayhem

Come race if you think your brave enough!
I got about 15 of us. Come join
That was quality fun - I even got a win in the FOX!!

Thx all
Quote from Gentlefoot :That was quality fun - I even got a win in the FOX!!

Thx all

Gratz mate, you're great
Awesome, looking forward to some more track guides, even though I dig the TBO cars more than single seaters...
Quote from MorpheusZero :Awesome, looking forward to some more track guides, even though I dig the TBO cars more than single seaters...

Thanks mate - apprciated. Think I may do FE Gold next. Or maybe Aston Historic.

Sorry all I haven't sorted the AVIs for FF users yet. But here is a link of you want to go and view them separately.

http://www.drivenbypassion.org/gf_guides.html

I'll embed them soon. Needed a night off last night
In the forum there are now additional tips for the Track Guide added by Storm_cloud who is much faster than me. Also it was suggested that some comments should be made about the best places to pass and the most likely spots for accidents so I have also added in my thoughts about this. If anyone has any good experience racing on this circuit please feel free to contribute.

I will add a lot more content to the site this weekend. In the forum I have stated what my plans are. The next bit of work I do will be to do with the Gentlefoot Formula Challenge. I plan to add the rules for this in this weekend in anticipation that the patch X may arrive next week - yippee!
OK lads, as promised I have fixed the problem that Firefox users were having viewing the video on my Track Guides pages.

I've now embedded flash which looks much nicer and I installed Firefox and all looks fine to me.

If you could all visit the page and tell me if it's working OK for you that would be great. Happy reading.

FE Club - FOX guide coming soon.
Oh, you are also doing guides for FOX?

Great!

Just tonight, I managed to get into the 36's. Now when you release the guide there are no limits.
Quote from Gentlefoot :OK lads, as promised I have fixed the problem that Firefox users were having viewing the video on my Track Guides pages.

I've now embedded flash which looks much nicer and I installed Firefox and all looks fine to me.

If you could all visit the page and tell me if it's working OK for you that would be great. Happy reading.

FE Club - FOX guide coming soon.

Do you want text for an FO8 version mate?
#40 - FL!P
Quote from Gentlefoot :OK lads, as promised I have fixed the problem that Firefox users were having viewing the video on my Track Guides pages.

Yeah, it's much better. It even works perfectly on Mac too, now.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Do you want text for an FO8 version mate?

Not sure weather I will do one for the FO8 around this circuit. Let me think about it

Actually, I've thought about it and yes please mate. And if you could do a hotlap near to WR pace that would be helful too.

Nice one Storm.
Good work GF, looks really smart. Looking forward to that FOX guide too.
Quote from Gentlefoot :Not sure weather I will do one for the FO8 around this circuit. Let me think about it

Actually, I've thought about it and yes please mate. And if you could do a hotlap near to WR pace that would be helful too.

Nice one Storm.

No problem - shouldn't take long as it's only a 32 second lap. I like the casual way you ask for a near WR pace hotlap. I will try.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :No problem - shouldn't take long as it's only a 32 second lap. I like the casual way you ask for a near WR pace hotlap. I will try.

lol - I asked it casually cos I know you'll just be able to casually bang one out

FE Club/FOX guide almost completed now. Just need to stick it all together and publish it. Will be done by the end of tonight.
That guide is really helpful, KY GP has just become my favorite track of the moment. Just one small request, could you also do the guides as downloadables, either PDF or Word files that are more printer friendly. Pretty Please.
Quote from rovens :That guide is really helpful, KY GP has just become my favorite track of the moment. Just one small request, could you also do the guides as downloadables, either PDF or Word files that are more printer friendly. Pretty Please.

Trouble is I'm not creating Word or PDFs of the track guides at this stage. I just create them straight off as a webpage. I may do this at a later date but for now you'll just have to visit the site. The next guide should be done tonight with any luck and the images will be far smaller so the page should load a lot quicker.

btw it's worth registering in the forum. That way you'll receive emails of latest news like the publication of new track guides and setups.
Ok then, well ill be using them anyway. Thanks
Reall excellent guide GF! I didn't know you could do those 3D views with AFS. I feel mean criticising it at all but the font size change here and there (in FF anyway) and there are a few typos: xnd->2nd, past->part (on T2) ofcoarse->of coarse. Then it will be perfect!

Some really useful tips there, I hadn't noticed that there are two partys to the 1st curb on T2 so will try riding the first one (though on the clip it looks like you hit the 2nd one pretty hard!)

Right, time to see if I can use it to beat my PB!
#50 - FL!P
That's brilliant, GF! My only other suggestion would be to replace the (misleading) picture of the FO8 at the top of the page with a FOX.

How do you get that view 3D in AFS, BTW?

Gentlefoot.com Track Guides
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG