The online racing simulator
BF1 starts within TC faster than without
(10 posts, started )
At first for noobs, what about talk i? TC means Traction Control and can be adjusted in the brakes-setup of BF1 and turned on and off by pressing O. A blue light is showing thats turned off.

1. Reason: I am to stupid to control my throttle????
2. Reason: A physics glitch lets the BF1 to fast start with TC on.

What do you think about, who use the BF1 without TC and starts fast with it?

Maybe i have not enough practice without TC, but i made starts without turning and at the limit, but the guys with TC on was so much faster than i, that i got no slipstream.
#2 - bbman
Have you ever seen a longitudinal slip graph?

Basically, the faster you spin the tires, the less traction you have -> slower acceleration... With the TC, the engine cuts so that the wheel slip doesn't exceed the slip percentage you defined in the setup (3%-10% I think), in which range tires usually have their peak traction (correct me if I'm wrong)...
^ Yup, LFS tyres have a peak longitudinal traction at about, lets say, 4 to 10% slip, depending on pressure, temperature, etc. If you go over that peak, it falls down again (just a little) and then pretty much stays there. With manual throttle control in such a high powered and low weight car it's almost impossible to be faster than a TC controlled launch, as the TC can pretty reliably hold the wheel right on the peak traction.
And actually if you do a full throttle TC start and never lift, it is actually the slowest way to start.

If you pulsate the throttle properly when you start and don't use too much throttle, the TC will not limit the amount of power fed from the engine, and it will be a good combination of grip and acceleration. This only really helps by gaining a few car lengths, but it is the fastest I've seen.

For other cars that have a lot of wheelspin on the standing starts, you can set your 1st gear to a certain range where it allows wheelspin at higher RPMs, but JUST barely creates slip when at around a medium RPM level. By having that, you get the best possible grip and acceleration because the automatic clutch kicks in and gradually eases out slowly... and if you get the clutch to match the car's acceleration, it will be a spin-less start that is the best possible way to start the car. This really applies mostly for the FO8. I am not sure if it can be done in the BF1. But yeah, if you can set your 1st gear to be still within the powerband at medium RPM, it is really fun to get that extra boost on starts.

LFS does allow for faster starts if you try and have no wheelspin, but it really only applies for 'some' cars. I believe the FOX, FO8, and BF1 are better by doing this technique... but for cars like FWD and other roadcars, everyone just floors it and is fastest that way :zombie: :doh:
Quote from bbman :. With the TC, the engine cuts so that the wheel slip doesn't exceed the slip percentage you defined in the setup (3%-10% I think), in which range tires usually have their peak traction

bbman and AndroidXP thanks a lot your knowledge. This mean the physics of LFS are very great, and i have just to much slip while starting without TC.
Theoretically if you are able to make a Start without tire-slip at the slip-limit, then should you be a little bit faster than within TC, but thats maybe impossible to do.

Quote from Tweaker :the automatic clutch kicks in

The automatic clutch have not enough power to make a great start. With the FO8 i made always automatic-clutch-starts, but with the BF1 are you a lot faster if you use the TC and full throttle.
Pure and Simple
matze54564 - The simplest explanation I can give you is:

"How come I can't land the Space Shuttle as well in manual mode as the computer can in autopilot?"

The BF1 is just too extreme - the computer can control the throttle much better than any human can - plain and simple.
TC will hold acceleration at around .97g's. If you are good enough to control the throttle, you can get 1.35 g's. Get in the BF1 on a straight away, get going about 50, turn off TC and put it in 3rd. Floor it! And watch the g-meter in the F9 menu. Should go much higher then it will with TC on. The g-meter tells you how fast you are accelerating. 1.00 is 9.7 meters/second. If you are getting more then that, say 1.30, you are accelerating at about 40 km/h each second. The bf1 can hold 1.30 for about 3 seconds! Putting you at about 200km/h!
I pretty sure TC is fastest, you just need it setup correctly; about 8% for dragging (assuming you've dropped your rear tyre pressures to near minimum). At 3-4% like in racing setups, you can certainly go faster without TC. Throttle control is definately needed until the TC kicks in though.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :"How come I can't land the Space Shuttle as well in manual mode as the computer can in autopilot?"

The space shuttle is landed manually.
I know...
Well - I was trying to be simple in my explanation... if you want to be technical, lets pretend I was talking about the entire reentry phase... or even takeoff...

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG