The online racing simulator
Only a few servers?
(54 posts, started )
The blast around offline would just give you a good idea of braking points and which way the track goes.

When you have more experience you know all the tracks and cars so you already have a good idea of the braking points and stuff
Oh yeah, breaking points. Well I know a few maps so far but not many. And the ones I do know, I only know a few corners on each map, lol. S'all good.
With that attitude, methinks it won't be long before we see "No Longer Welcome" under phoretwenny's forum id....
Quote from phoretwenny :Aye right. You know what really tickles me. They want it all realistic and such, but when a crash happens, they cry and cry. How pathetic is it? Crashes DO happen, what world do you live in, omfg. Noobs at life.

Just ignore them. Both the chat and the vote bans are the first items I would remove from LFS. Both cause more bad feeling on the track than anything else (chat should only be available, and only be visible, when in spectator mode)

If you do get kicked by a bunch of the precious types, just jump back on and race, then leave and find another server with people who like racing and don't play games...
Quote from joen :Be the wise one and report him to the admin/wrecker barricade next time.

He was an admin. Therefore I was grasping at mere straw.

Quote from nihil :Both the chat and the vote bans are the first items I would remove from LFS. Both cause more bad feeling on the track than anything else (chat should only be available, and only be visible, when in spectator mode)

So true man. Although I disagree with the chat bit. I prefer it when people WARN me before BANNING me, you know? I'd be happy to see the ban option go. Keep the disconnect vote, because someone might be intentionally parking on the track, and THOSE are the people who need to be banned, not someone who ****s up once or twice. I can't count how many times I've been unjustifyably (sp lol) kicked/banned, just because I make a mistake. Gotta stop!
#31 - Jakg
not really - the wrecker barricade will have him banned from most LFS servers in a matter of days
Quote from Jakg :not really - the wrecker barricade will have him banned from most LFS servers in a matter of days

Well I was trying to negotiate with him through PM, but like I said, it's like I'm his unwilling enemy from another life or whatever. Or he just had a bad day.

Either way, I had £24 stolen from me.
Quote from phoretwenny :He was an admin. Therefore I was grasping at mere straw.

So true man. Although I disagree with the chat bit. I prefer it when people WARN me before BANNING me, you know? I'd be happy to see the ban option go. Keep the disconnect vote, because someone might be intentionally parking on the track, and THOSE are the people who need to be banned, not someone who ****s up once or twice. I can't count how many times I've been unjustifyably (sp lol) kicked/banned, just because I make a mistake. Gotta stop!

Looking at your languge used here I would be not suprised that you got banned several times.

Also you said on previous page that you have been banned once and now you claiming several times....hmm.Somebody needs to clear out his mind.

You know.The admins on the servers has rights to do what they want.If they decided to ban you they have either reason to do it or they might be dumbass but does it really matter - NO.You got banned and end of story.Also using unpolite languge to admins trying to argue something doesnt help either.Dont rememberr when it could.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Looking at your languge used here I would be not suprised that you got banned several times.

Also you said on previous page that you have been banned once and now you claiming several times....hmm.Somebody needs to clear out his mind.

You know.The admins on the servers has rights to do what they want.If they decided to ban you they have either reason to do it or they might be dumbass but does it really matter - NO.You got banned and end of story.Also using unpolite languge to admins trying to argue something doesnt help either.Dont rememberr when it could.

Firstly, that was one "phuck".
Second, I said that it's the players who constantly use the ban to get their own way, not admins. Excpet kiddie admins, and you can spot them a mile off.
Third, are you reading my godamned posts? Or just skimming over them? (Oh, wait, "Czech republic"... English probably isn't your first language?)

And realise, please, that it's the intention behind the word that matters.
Does everyone know this but pretend it's not true or something? Do people really get offended by that word, and if so, WHY? Not to mention you've got *'s all over the word. You'd think this would be enough but NOOO, we get offended by "*"'s now. The "****" is going on?

Anyway I'm not trying to start trouble, debate, get lectured, or banned. Just so you know.
Watch it 420 (if that is how you are supposed to say your screen name), as you said you are not trying to start trouble, but people do get offended by just about anything, and there is nothing you can really do. The least you can do, however, is not cuss because that is what usually starts trouble. Just so you know (as you have experienced) not everyone in the world is nice and happy and you can get banned without a word, it can happen to anyone on any account. Either way that is one server, there are tons of others out there for you to join and plenty of others with open arms.
Cool man ^
This thread should have been short and sweet. Didn't go as planned, people picking apart my posts, etc... good times.
But yeah, dood above me, you're right. I'm gonna drive/talk like an old women on the internet from now on lol.
And yeah that is what my name is supposed to be. I woulda put 420 but thats just lame, comon.
Oh, believe me when I tell you that you will make many more friends than ever.

...looks back at posts from RSC with childish/emotional remarks...

It makes a [big] difference.
Quote from XCNuse :Oh, believe me when I tell you that you will make many more friends than ever.

...looks back at posts from RSC with childish/emotional remarks...

It makes a [big] difference.

I ride solo

:margesimp
Nah but yeah, cool.
7 posts initially that tries to help out (8 posts including the original question).

At post 9 it starts with a comment that could have been a bit more informative and less flamey.

Then 6 more posts to help with the original question.

Then the crying and ranting starts.....

Quote :That is bullshit, if people like that are reading this, I hate you. I crashed alot until I got better (mainly because you don't get all the cars on the demo. People with S2 license should just get over yourselves (no disrespect.......... I know how offended some will get about this. Sad really.)

Quote :And I didn't come to this forum to "boast" about how I took someone out, you DOLT.

Quote :One of the admins bitches got annoyed because I wouldnt slow down fast enough for his blue flag, so he got me banned, like the little bitch I assume he is.

Quote :....what world do you live in, omfg. Noobs at life.

Quote :(Oh, wait, "Czech republic"... English probably isn't your first language?)

I believe that Devil 007 was not speaking about your language as in swearing, but as the attitude you are bringing forth from the way you talk. As Devil said, I too would not be surprised if you were banned several times and many times in the future.

To note, you paid £24 to unlock the content of Live for Speed. The servers are owned by individuals. You do not pay anything to race on their servers. You have no rights to be able to play on their servers. If I owned a server, I have every right to ban you from my server that I pay for if I don't like the color in which you created your name or the skin you use on your car, or any reason. £24 was not "stolen" from you. You still have S2 unlocked on your system, which is what you paid for.

Please read this post and take a look at the attitude you are portraying and learn from this. As you mature, you will realize how to constructively take part in a conversation and things will get better in the future for you....
Quote from phoretwenny :Oh yeah, braking points. Well I know a few maps so far but not many. And the ones I do know, I only know a few corners on each map, lol. S'all good.

I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't be learning a track or car online. If I was a server admin and saw someone that clearly didn't have a clue which way the corners went I'd kick them out right quick.

YOU are spoiling other peoples enjoyment of the game. People that, at the very least, put in a small amount of effort not to screw things up for others on the track.
Quote from MRSisson :I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't be learning a track or car online. If I was a server admin and saw someone that clearly didn't have a clue which way the corners went I'd kick them out right quick.

YOU are spoiling other peoples enjoyment of the game. People that, at the very least, put in a small amount of effort not to screw things up for others on the track.

This is exactly the point. It is a multiplayer game. What you might not understand about all the '@#$@!'s ' crying is that a lot of people do intentionally join servers just to make trouble, and a lot of other people remain oblivious to common courtesy after months of racing.

So people may spend all day trying to find a clean server in which to
race ( the whole point of the game). You may have all the good intentions, and you do have the right to 'learn', but if you haven't yet learned, for example, to use your mirrors, to stay out of the way when you are 10 seconds off the pace, or even learned the line well enough to know how to stay out of it when cars approach and you see 'blue flag'
then you should not be surprised that people get aggravated.

The bottom line is, if you focus on being aware of what's going on around you, join the pack AFTER they've passed, and are a little careful, initially, about what you say and how you say it, you'll find a lot of people available that can and will help you. That is how everyone progresses in LFS, with a little help from some friends.

If you rant and rave, you'll just be assumed to be another trouble maker, and will be banned from every server you join, because as I said, it happens everyday.

Again, it's a multiplayer game, which means you have to consider more than whats going on in your mind. You'll never change the process, but you can be smart and adapt yourself to it, and you won't have these problems.
Quote from MRSisson :I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't be learning a track or car online. If I was a server admin and saw someone that clearly didn't have a clue which way the corners went I'd kick them out right quick.

How so? There are many combos that I have never driven before, and I can comfortably learn them on the fly without any issues. I still don't get that having someone who is unfamiliar with a combo can ruin the enjoyment of somebody else, as long as they stay the **** out of the peoples way. Then there are people who may not be familiar with a combo, but just have enough feel for LFS, to learn them as they drive, because they know how LFS will react to those kinds of inputs.

Ignorance is very bliss, and taking a proactive stance at kicking people like that IMO is very un-needed, and should be trying to educate, not eliminate or humiliate new drivers. Unless they cause problems, you should leave them be, and even if they do have a few issues, just speak to them about it, and if they still don't change, then take action. There's where one problem with admins start, are admins who take a too involved stance, The strategy of admining that works, and has people listen rather than saying "**** off, ****" is just sitting there and being unknown, not being too involved going "ZOMG, YOU ALMOST HIT THAT GUY, THE WIND HIT HIM!!! /ban 9999999".

They say that if you are doing it right, people won't think you're doing anything at all.
Quote from Flycantbird :So people may spend all day trying to find a clean server in which to
race ( the whole point of the game). You may have all the good intentions, and you do have the right to 'learn', but if you haven't yet learned, for example, to use your mirrors, to stay out of the way when you are 10 seconds off the pace, or even learned the line well enough to know how to stay out of it when cars approach and you see 'blue flag'
then you should not be surprised that people get aggravated.

I've learned most of the basics, but you just gotta perfect it or something? That takes time. If you think im gonna stay on my own server and race bots out of fear of "ruining someones game", then you thought wrong!

My game is "ruined" all the time, people knock into me, cut me off, sit on the track. Have I used the kick/ban button ONCE? NO! It's not hard to just let it go. Sheesh. Coh. Blimey. Just realise that it was probably 99% not intentional, and if it was, you can obviously tell if it was intentional, MOST of the time, if you know people, haha.

"a lot of other people remain oblivious to common courtesy after months of racing."

Wtf is with that? I kindly asked someone for a setup for BMW suabre(sp) the other day, so I dont go to slow and cause anyone to CRASH into me.
But no. He literally just said: No.
Complete wanker. Most of the people I encounter are like that. Why? Not enough colours in my effing name?

And I can't help the manner in which I'm trying to get my point across. That's just the way I am... Get used to it, or ban me from the forum.
Just don't ban me from the game!!
And I can't help the manner in which I'm trying to get my point across. That's just the way I am... Get used to it, or ban me from the forum.
Just don't ban me from the game!!

Of course you can help the manner in which you try to get your point across, what are you, a robot ? Apparently, you choose not to, which is an entirely different matter, and entirely your decision.
Its funny going on about getting taken out etc etc, i think if you just stay calm you can avoid 90% of the crashes on LFS. They pretty much only happen between two people who just won't give any space as though its life or death and then they go mad about the inevitable accident and start trying to ban and get revenge. I've seen so many people that race like that and some of them never seem to learn.

Just stay calm and learn when not to stick your nose in, most the time the other person goes off in their excitement anyway.
Hello Mr. Phoretwenny and welcome to Live For Speed.....
I just waded through two pages of this thread.
IMO it seems you are a hot head and had the dumb luck of running into a server full of other hotheads. That's what I get from reading Your posts on this here thread.

Lemme tell you something about "revenge" and getting even:
Once, I was racing on this server. there was this one guy that kept nailing me right after the apexes of every turn. I just KNEW he was doing this on purpose. I had enough of it and purposefully struck back and nailed the guy.
I got my "revenge" on a guy that was simply having a case of not being able to see me in his blind spot. So you might wanna think about that
before you become the vigilante race marshall.

Also, the Czech dude? You're gonna insult this guy's intelligence when
he was able to read your post (in English) and offer a decent comment (if not somewhat hard) to you in your native language? If he can do that, do you really think what he said was nonsense?

You need to understand something about LFSers as well. From the casual half stoned drifter to the most hard core league oriented racer wannabe,
we take playing with others VERY seriously. We seem to follow this half assed, half written code (CRC!!!). And so far, it seems you've pretty much managed to break quite a bit of the rules.

I suggest you stick with the slower cars licensed or not. The BMW is actually a real pain to use and except for the Oval crowd, servers offering it will most likely be run by people that you might not get along with.

When you play this game (Sim REALLY is a nerdy word) you have to approach with a bit higher maturity level that you seem to display (just going off your posts guy).

You're right about not being able to learn much from play ing with the A.I.
They're as stupid as a bag of rocks. but you gotta learn how to operate the car you wanna play with before just jumping in any ol' server. You don't have to be Schumi or Elliot with the thing, just be able to go around a corner with out spinning out every time.

And you have to understand that alot of wrecks just happen and other people will think all kinds of things. If the wreck was clearly your fault, then apologize. If not, and they still go off on you... I dunno ask someone to review the replay for you. There's almost ALWAYS some one with replays on. Cussing and whatnot ain't gonna work and it doesn't make you look so good to the people that might be asked to ban you, yet have no clue why.

I dunno, just something you might want to think about.
Quote from JRFRACE :Its funny going on about getting taken out etc etc, i think if you just stay calm you can avoid 90% of the crashes on LFS. They pretty much only happen between two people who just won't give any space as though its life or death and then they go mad about the inevitable accident and start trying to ban and get revenge. I've seen so many people that race like that and some of them never seem to learn.

Just stay calm and learn when not to stick your nose in, most the time the other person goes off in their excitement anyway.

See, I think I'm one of the most calm people on the track. And I hardly ever use the chat, when I do, it's definitely not to argue. I don't even protest my farking ban, even though it wasn't my fault, everyone just takes the side of the person trying to ban, because they just assume "Hey, I'm sure he's got better things to do than go around banning as many "noobs" as possible, he must be trying to ban for a legit reason", when really, the person trying to ban is a lame tard. It's funny yet FRUSTRATING, wanna reach through my screen AND... you get the picture. But frustration is justified there. Tards like that need a schlap.

Quote from Racer Y :Also, the Czech dude? You're gonna insult this guy's intelligence when
he was able to read your post (in English) and offer a decent comment (if not somewhat hard) to you in your native language? If he can do that, do you really think what he said was nonsense?

I wanna say sorry to that guy if it came across like I was trying to insult you. It's just you was going on about something irelavant to what I was saying in my post. You got the idea that im all for revenge. False.
Hell, maybe it was my English that got him confused?
As for the rest of your post, I generally agree.
I smell a troll
Quote from Mike85 : I would suggest to LFS team to run 24/7 servers. With each track and many combos. How hard can it be?

Its not hard at all, in fact its easy...so easy that why dont YOU run one?...
The simple answer my friend is COST!!!!
To run ONE server costs a fair amount in the UK (if done properly)... now work out how many DIFFERENT combos are possible in LFS....(over 800!!!) ... then work out how much it would cost to pay a crew to admin those servers (provided you want it done properly!)...

Then don't come crying when you see the price of LFS go through the roof!
I do wonder if Blacksheep 720's "LFS Forum Legend" thrown is in danger.
There seems to be many contenders popping up.

Only a few servers?
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG