The online racing simulator
Virtual Barber Shop
(22 posts, started )
Virtual Barber Shop
this is the most amazing thing! USE EARPHONES seriously u wont think its amazing if you dont! http://one.revver.com/watch/255359

i did almost think it was real, also keep your head vertical and close your eyes the whole time!!
man. that was a strange but awesome experience *saves to favourites*

Thanks,

Frenchy
Found that few days ago too, was amazing and a bit spooky.
#4 - wien
Amazing. God how I wish this could be done real-time on a computer. Imagine playing LFS with this. Being able to place cars around you just by listening to them, all with a pair of cheap head phones.

I know Dolby has some technology for doing this, but I don't think it can be done real time just yet. It's just for offline rendering of head-phone tracks for (HD-)DVDs I think.
absolutly amaizing! i have earbuds headphones and omg the experience is just amazing! he nearly scared me at the end with the wispering
Now that is cool, I actually forgot I was wearing headphones!
Whoa. I thought it was very close to real, but my barber speaks Dutch
whoa! that is so cool!
wtf! I thought he was going to cut off my ear!
Wow.. what an experience!

First i had someone walking within my skull from side to side, then knocking at the back of my head, someone then bagged my brain, and then gave it a trim!

Very cool!
That's cool, but all I wanted was a trim, now I have an 80s flat-top
I remember hearing a similar one where a box of matchsticks were rattled around your head. The audio engineering that makes this possible is quite simple actually and has been around for quite some time (decades?).

Interesting stuff nevertheless.
That was awesome. The whispering kind scared me though
Quote from spankmeyer :I remember hearing a similar one where a box of matchsticks were rattled around your head. The audio engineering that makes this possible is quite simple actually and has been around for quite some time (decades?).

Interesting stuff nevertheless.

That was Tweak who posted that quite some time ago.
Just stereo audio isn't it?, been around for decades
The technology to record it is simple... The "technology" your brain puts forth in deciphering the sounds is the amazing part. They use TWO microphones, yet your brain tells you the noises are coming from an infinite number of positions... very cool.
Yes, Stereo audio . I (and many other) was wowed by it years ago.
Might work better if the sound quality wasn't so atrocious...

But yeah, nice technology... I wonder what they'll come up with next, colour televisions? Nah...
Used my EMU 0404 USB and Beyerdynamic '05 DT990s. Soundstaging FTW!

I'm a bit of a headphone junky so it's nothing new, but it was decently cool (besides the horrible lines they deliver).
these are called binaural recordings, basicly they use a microphone which is the same shape and size as a human head, and then put microphones where your eardrums should be. The idea being to completely replicate the depth that you can perceive in real life.

It works very well, especially if you have a good recording and a good pair of earphones. You can buy CDs recorded in binaural sound because the experience of listening to them, is like actually being there
#22 - axus
Saw this a while back, it's pretty awesome. I use a pair of Sennheiser HD-595 headphones for music. Crossfade plugins make a significant difference in the sound-stage - they try do a similar thing to normal stereo recordings.

Virtual Barber Shop
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG