The online racing simulator
How look new ATI HD 2400&2600 series cards
HD2400

HD2600

HD2600PRO

HD2600XT

Mmmm, red.

I'd much prefer to see statistics and performance charts though
by the looks of some very early benchmarks the cards dont exactly perform stellar by any means
benchmarks?
The cards will be produced when the chips will be in A14 revision.
hmmm... i always thought the new ati cards were clear...

er... invisiable, as in, nvidia's had the 8 series out for half a friggen year, and now ati choses to show a product that (at the top end) can only match the tier 2 8800gts... now where the heck are they?

Hopefully these midrange cards will beat the piss out of the poor performing 8500gt/8600gt/8600gts.

Do like the integrated sound across hdmi, which could be nice for upcoming HTPC!
#6 - need
Hmmm, not sure where AMD/ATI are going with these new cards, given the extra specification they have over the nVidia you'd have thought they'd perform better.

The 2nd level card - the XT, looks roughly on a par with the GTS
The top level card - the XTX, gets soundly beaten up by the GTX

Guess I'll need to wait a bit longer and see if things improve on the ATI side by the time they are actually released before deciding whether to go ATI or nVidia.
I think the ATI will be very competive against NVIDIA.The suggested price from HD2900XT should be 399MSRP.And things will go more interesting with with the crosfire kit only for 699MSRP.

2900XT should be a bit more faster then 8800GTS 640MB.
What you think, how much company like ATI or NVIDIA earn on the HD2900XTX or 8800GTX.Not much as there is not sold many of these cards and the revenue is very low.You have to consider that AMD bought ATI so they have now maybe different strategy.

Look at the Intel.They have C2D X6800 which runs at 2.93Ghz.We know that a lot of C2D can run 3.4-3.6Ghz.Why you think they dont release such a CPU to crush comepletly AMD.Because it doest make sense with such a low revenue.

The biggest revenue is in midrange which are cards like 8600GT/GTS and upcoming 2400/2600 cards.From the specification the ATI cards looks more promissin/faster then NVIDIA 8500GT/8600GT/GTS so thats place where ATI/AMD is aming mainly for.Also ATI is also preparing higher midrange card based on RV670 where 2600 is RV630.

Also R600 might be faster in DX10 games.We will see:-).Its not that clear as it looks and guess why now the 8800GTS pricing is falling down

I dont think it looks so bad for ATI(AMD).And no I am not ATI fan.

Btw - http://www.steampowered.com/activateATI/index.html
so basically what youre saying is ati is becoming its old self again and focuses on oem crap ? ^^ yay for ati
where I have mentioned something about OEM?I must be blind

I am saying that ATI is trying to deliver bigger package.So these cards are more multimedia soluttion offering 3D graphics(probably better then 8500/8600 series),Video decoding including High definition videos + HDMI with included autdio controller so no need to hassle with another cable insiíde the case.That I mean about 2400/2600 series.

HD2900XT aka R600.Probably ATI was not able to be competive with 8800GTX so they decided to be competive with price and features.Well you cant tell as this card might crush NVIDIA cards at DX10 games.We will see during summer,autumn when will come Crysis,World of Conflict etc.

As I said top high end cards is not really lucrative part of the market.Its the midrange and OEM where the most revenue coming from.Yeh,now I said OEM .

Wait till 14th May and we will see if HD2900XT is really dissaster or not.I think everybody will be quite nice supriced:-)

And we need both company to be in business otherwise the prices would go up pretty quickly.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :where I have mentioned something about OEM?I must be blind

mid to low range = oem so your comments can be read as them rather targeting that market (again) than trying to deliver something that truely pushed forward

Quote :I am saying that ATI is trying to deliver bigger package.So these cards are more multimedia soluttion offering 3D graphics(probably better then 8500/8600 series),Video decoding including High definition videos + HDMI with included autdio controller so no need to hassle with another cable insiíde the case.That I mean about 2400/2600 series.

the 8series have a very useful hardware video decoder and i have my doubts if the majority of htpc users really want to play back their sound with their tv rather than with a proper sound system and a high quality sound card ... sounds like theyre targeting a niche within a niche to me

Quote :As I said top high end cards is not really lucrative part of the market.Its the midrange and OEM where the most revenue coming from.Yeh,now I said OEM .

well yes of course but being on a game forum im more concerend with development rather than who makes the most money

Quote :Wait till 14th May and we will see if HD2900XT is really dissaster or not.I think everybody will be quite nice supriced:-)

the xt looks to be a rather good competitor in the higher mid range the xtx is where the problem lies

Quote :And we need both company to be in business otherwise the prices would go up pretty quickly.

nah i say death to both of them ... long live 3dfx !
seems you want to have the right true
I could quote you the same way but this would be useless here and we highjacked the thread a bit.

I am looking for ward to 14th May for 2900XT cards and for june for the 2400/2600 series.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG