LFS at x2 speed
My system spec:
AMD 64 3700+ San Diego
Leadtek 7800 GTX
2x 512 DDR ram 566 mhz @400 A-data Vitesta
SB Audigy 2
Sata WD 120 GB

Win XP SP2

fresh install for all, latest drivers for all (LOL seems Metallica songs)

LFS running at 1280x1024 32 Bit AA 2Qx Aniso 8x

Lfs run at 2x speed, all the video seems accelerated but lap time are corrected.

racing in multiplayer i have very big warps caused by this x2 speed on video.

what can be?

i tried the v-sync ON but nothing changed, i tried to slow the frame rate to 45 and seems to slow to correctd speed but sometimes it speed up to x2 and freezing in multi.

thanks
ok i solved with minimum sleep at 20 ms....it works on single and multiplayer, but why i ha ve to use it also in singleplayer to solve the 2X speed?
finally solved!! the last video nvidia drivers makes LFS crazy.
used 77.77 and run perfectly.
I was wondering which driver you were using when this issue started 78.01 or 81.85?

I started to experience the samething after upgrading to 78.01. Has anyone tried the 81.85 drivers? Is it worth upgrading or should I downgrade to the 77.xx drivers?
the drivers was 78.01
#6 - M.Mos
hm weird , i used 78.01 then 78.03 and now 81.85 with the same card, and never had such problems. Minimun sleep is at default (1ms). V-sync with 85Hz and i usaly have 85fps.

Only difference i see, i didn't had SP2.

U should realy use 8xAA & 16xAF it looks so much better
this is the profile i'm using for lfs.

<PROFILE Label="Live for Speed">
<APPLICATION Label="LFS.exe"/>
<PROPERTY Label="aa_default" Value="10000018"/>
<PROPERTY Label="af_default" Value="10000010"/>
<PROPERTY Label="d3d_negative_lod_bias_status" Value="1"/>
<PROPERTY Label="triple_buffering" Value="1"/>
<PROPERTY Label="gamma_correct_aa" Value="100000"/>
<PROPERTY Label="image_settings" Value="fffffff6"/>
<PROPERTY Label="transparency_aa" Value="10000"/>
<PROPERTY Label="color_profile" Value="Bright"/>
</PROFILE>

I'm having a similar problem, but it only affects me when I'm trying to hotlap... single player works fine, and in multiplayer, I race ok for 3-4 seconds, then lag for 1 second, then race for 3-4 seconds, then lag, and it just remains like that then entire time I'm in a server, yet I can go play CS or whatever and the connection is perfect.

My pc is AMD64 3000+, 512mb pc3200, 256mb 6600GT, 2x WDC 120gb.

The game was working fine until I bought the new video card a week or so ago, but afaik, I was running the 78.01's with my old card as well and it never seemed to have a problem, and all my other games are running heaps better with the new card so it would appear to be something LFS-specific...

I'll try downgrading my drivers tonight and see what happens.
Downgrading video drivers didnt work, but running Windows Media Player while playing has fixed all my problems. Fairly strange solution, but anyway, it works...
Quote from darko-aus :Downgrading video drivers didnt work, but running Windows Media Player while playing has fixed all my problems. Fairly strange solution, but anyway, it works...

loool

LFS at x2 speed
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG