The online racing simulator
NOD 32 causes stutter in LFS,anyone with NOD want to help?
Like the title says,NOD 32 causes stutter in LFS:
The moment I shut it off, stuttering is gone.
Now ,NOD is configured at maximum(all options are on in every module ect)

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.
#2 - amp88
NOD32 only causes stuttering when scanning a large file or installing an update. Solution for scanning large files: don't download files at the same time as using LFS. Solution for installing updates: Turn off auto update (NOD32 System Tools --> Scheduler/Planner --> Uncheck Regular Automatic Updates.) and schedule an update yourself to happen once a day/week whenever you're not using LFS (NOD32 System Tools --> Scheduler/Planner --> Add --> Update - NOD32 Update --> Select how frequently you want it to happen and at what time). Alternatively you can simply turn off automatic updates when using LFS then turn them back on again when you're finished.
Quote from amp88 :NOD32 only causes stuttering when scanning a large file or installing an update. Solution for scanning large files: don't download files at the same time as using LFS. Solution for installing updates: Turn off auto update (NOD32 System Tools --> Scheduler/Planner --> Uncheck Regular Automatic Updates.) and schedule an update yourself to happen once a day/week whenever you're not using LFS (NOD32 System Tools --> Scheduler/Planner --> Add --> Update - NOD32 Update --> Select how frequently you want it to happen and at what time). Alternatively you can simply turn off automatic updates when using LFS then turn them back on again when you're finished.

I don't download anything while playing LFS.
Auto updates are off,I update manually.

It happens in single player and online.Forgot to say that.
dont use nod 32 i still have it but its not that good , counter spy is very good tho if it starts its "random scans " you can and should'nt but i dunno my pc is hella lot faster after i stopped using it
I have no problems here. I'm running AMON, IMON and NOD32, EMON and DMON are disabled. I rarely have programs running in the background when running LFS.
Maybe try adding "LFS.exe", or better yet the whole LFS folder, to the excluded-from-scanning files? If that doesn't help, simply shut it down before playing LFS...
i had the same problem but it was caused by updates. when i turned regular updates off and planned my own everything was running perfect. nod32 never slowed down my computer, only when performing an update...
Quote from Alex_Tiger :i had the same problem but it was caused by updates. when i turned regular updates off and planned my own everything was running perfect. nod32 never slowed down my computer, only when performing an update...

Well mine causes stutter when its on....I guess I'll just turn it off when I play games....
#9 - amp88
Quote from theirishnoob :dont use nod 32 i still have it but its not that good , counter spy is very good tho if it starts its "random scans " you can and should'nt but i dunno my pc is hella lot faster after i stopped using it

I'm sorry, but you're clearly talking out of your arse. I know you're entitled to your opinion (and everyone knows you like to give it), which is OK when it's about drifting but when it comes to something like an anti virus more than opinions count. In independent testing and reviewing NOD32 always come out as one of the best (often THE best) anti virus for detection rates, resource usage, speed of operation etc.

@Thunderhead: What are your system specs?
Here:
CPU: AMD Athlon64 3200+ AM2 Orleans MBO: ASRock AM2XLI-eSATA2 RAM: TakeMS DDR2-533 1gb(2x512) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 160gb VGA: Ati Radeon X1600XT 256MB

I defragged the HD,ran CCleaner,spybot,turned off NOD auto update,excluded the lfs folder and LFS.exe from AMON and IMON....still happens.
The moment I shut off the all of the NOD's modules,stutter dissapears.

Tested in single player mode only though.
Have you contacted Eset support? In my days as a consultant NOD32 always came on top for AV. Needless to say I have been using it myself without any issues. How do other games run? What NOD32 engine version are you using?

Have you tried other (seemingly unrelated) things such as graphics card updates, reinstalling NOD32? If you want to scan for spyware, give hitman pro a whirl. It will download a number of antimalware programs (Spybot and some others), run a scan with each and present you with a report. You could, for the laugh try the best version of their next software: http://www.eset.com/beta/ and not of there is any improvement.

Quote from theirishnoob : dont use nod 32 i still have it but its not that good , counter spy is very good tho if it starts its "random scans " you can and should'nt but i dunno my pc is hella lot faster after i stopped using it

LOL, for a start, counterspy is not anti-virus, its antimalware! Do you run any AV software now? Although there is crossover between these groups, there is no software package that offers comprehensive protection against both. Although Eset are working on it. If you found a significant speed improvement after removing NOD32, the your problem is elsewhere!

Right now, NOD32 + AVG's Antispyware (Previously ewido) is the most comprehenive coverage you can get. That said, using other free utilites such as hitman pro in conjunction with the two mentioned above is not a bad idea!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG