The online racing simulator
Specific view and control options for each car
It would be great if LFS would 'remember' what options I like when driving different cars.

For example, switching from the BF1 to the XRT means going from 80 deg FOV to 90 deg FOV and from paddle shift to H-pattern. As it is now, I have to manually change the settings each time I change cars. Being able to save specific settings for each car would make this much easier.
#2 - Davo
I thought lfs did save views as per car, I'm pretty sure it does anyway. You can setup your shifter options using the script system.
Doesn't seem to save the views on my machine.

What is the script system?
It would be good to be able to save more than one custom view for each car!
Something like 5 or more!
+1
Quote from Davo :I thought lfs did save views as per car, I'm pretty sure it does anyway. You can setup your shifter options using the script system.

Thats not true, the FOV is a global thing, also the wheel turn degrees are global. For FZR i need another FOV than for MRT or RB4. In FZR i need other wheel turn degrees than in MRT. Everytime when i change a car i must change the FOV and [wheel turn degrees] and FUEL.
FOV and wheel turn degrees are easily definable per car, if you use the script system. Just have a look in <LFS>/data/script and <LFS>/docs/Commands.txt to see what you have to do.

Though it's actually pretty strange that the FOV is still a global setting, as it is listed under "Settings for in-car view: (XXX)", so it looks like it should be for car XXX instead of global. Maybe a bug?
wasnt the fov made a per car setting in the w test patches ?

anyway you can set different controller setting via scripts rather easily
and changing the fov is also done quickly via a script or via the 5 and 6 keys on your keyboard (or some other numberkeys in that region)
#8 - Renku
W17

It is possible to save different FOV for every car, only in custom view!
In heli and external view it's not possible to change the FOV. Changing FOV either in LFS default in car view or following(hover) view - changes the FOV setting in the other view and for all cars.

Just tested, but you might want to doublecheck.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG