The online racing simulator
Your best LFSTweak-sounds
(29 posts, started )
Hello fellow tweakers!

Feel free to upload your best tweak-sounds, whether it's for a straight 4-5-6 or eight, or a v6-8-10! I guess anything goes!

Must be for engines tweaked in LFSTweak S2 though

EDIT: I'm not sure if people here understand what I'm wanting you to put up for download her! I'm talking about .eng files, for tweaked cars in LFS, not the tweak file itself necessarily.. If you have a .eng file, you are more than welcome to upload the tweak-file too!
Ehh.. I hope you realize that the thread you're linking to has nothing to do with the subject?

The in game sound-editor file on a tweaked setup? Uch.. Why do i bother..
I once had the XRT sounding like a proper V8, cant reproduce it anymore though
Yeah! That's what I was talking about!

Too bad you don't have the file or the ability to make it.. Cause, as I said, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Let's hope there are others who can put up a decent file then..
I once made a tweakfile for the XRT sounding almost exactly like the Audi S1 Group B rallycar. I used a flat-5 engine and the real engine specs (2.3 litre etc) But i deleted it some time ago
Sounds nice, but what's the point in writing here if you don't have a .eng-file to upload?
This is my favorite V8 tweak sound, to XFG.

Comments please!
Attached files
XFG_V8.rar - 113.3 KB - 374 views
That stockcar sounded real brutal!
Here's my V8.

EDIT: Added the .eng file. In the preview below, I used a 7000cc V8 with no turbo.
Attached files
GTT-V8.mp3 - 533.1 KB - 501 views
XRT_V8_rev2.eng - 272.1 KB - 385 views
That wasn't bad! Care to upload the .eng file for it? :P

Btw, is there any logical reason why we have to use flat-eights for a good sounding v8? :P
Quote from keltern :That wasn't bad! Care to upload the .eng file for it? :P

Btw, is there any logical reason why we have to use flat-eights for a good sounding v8? :P

See my previous post for the .eng file.

I used a V8 not a flat 8 in my preview.
Quote from keltern :Ehh.. I hope you realize that the thread you're linking to has nothing to do with the subject?

Uh.. its the exact same thing?

The only difference is I decided to make mine a competition.
I was the first(?) to answer that competition, and that competition was published ages before this version LFSTweak S2 was released, am I not right?

It was even published before the .eng soundfile system, am I not right?

So how can it be the same?

I'm just asking for the .eng-files that sounds good for a tweaked engine.. I'm sorry if it's running out on your "turf"..
Sorry, but you didn't include the .eng idea until today, so that is why.
Yeah, i know. I guess I had to, cause noone got that message from what i had there originally! xD

Thought it was sooooo clear, but i guess it wasn't! :P
Lol i think i gots teh best soundin V8...2006 Z06 Turboed ...brb imma go get it

EDIT: My mic is broke and i cant find FRAPs anywhere (that would record for more than 30secs) So i just Made 2 Small Vids in Single player mode. Just Run LFS Tweak, Load up meh tweak and put the 2 replays in teh Spr folder. Enjoy!
Attached files
Z06 Teaser..rar - 206.1 KB - 257 views
We have some nice sounding v8's here now!

Doesn't anyone have a good straight six? That would be nice wouldn't it? Or maybe as one mentioned here, a straight 5!

How nice wouldn't it be to hear something like this in LFS? Or perhaps this?
OH YEAH!!!
i like that Audi S1
That's true! It was the newer audi models that had the 2.3 engines.. Like the S2!
not to sound like a ricer...how about we get some vtak(vtech 4 u nubz) up in here...
-PeArSoN
#24 - neRu
Vtec is a serious challenge.
I suppose you have to make a inline 4, 1600cc.

THEN i'd suppose i would have made it a turbo, but removed the turbowhine. Then set powerrange like 7 or 8, make general hp very low, and turbopressure pretty high, so you wind up at about 200 hp.

Then you need to tweak the sounds ingame. Thats the challenge. But as for now, the enginesetup in tweak is what i use for the best vtec kick i can reproduce. It also sounds slightly as a vtec, but needs a lot of finetuning.
Tell me please people, do I need LFSTweak and Patch V to hear these sounds because in game they sound nothing like the previews

Help a n00b!

(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG