The online racing simulator
#1 - axus
Changing strategy during pit stop
Earlier I tried changing the fuel amount I wanted added while I was in the pits, changing tyres and once the tyres were changed the pit stop continued but no fuel was added. I think that you should be able to change the fuel amount you want added while changing tyres as it is one of the most convenient times to do it. Could we have this fixed in the next patch maybe?
#2 - Chaos
i think you can, but you can't set fuel lower than you have in your tank... then the pitstop continues idefinately...
You already can, but IIRC you have to do it pretty quickly.
Almost offtopic:
Not sure if this an old idea:
what about having some kind of presets for pitstops? Like when you pit, some kind of menu appears (There could be 10 presets about different fuel amounts and tire changes and these would be numbered from 0 to 9) and there you could change your pitstop just by pressing a button! Of course these could be editable like the F-buttons. I find it very hard to use the current system as it is not quick enough...

PS. how do the mouse drivers change their pitstops? Fingers crossed
#5 - axus
Yes - if you set the fuel lower than it already is in the tank then it will continue forever. If I know anything about programming fixing this would simply be changing a "=" sign to a "<". The idea with the 0-9 keys is pretty good I think. I would also like to have some buttons on my wheel to change the strategy - like 4 buttons - "next option", "previous option", "increase" and "decrease". I have a DFP so I have plenty of unused buttons. I could use L2 and R2 for look left and right (I wouldn't need look back because pressing them both would do that). Then the PS2 buttons - X, O, [square] and [triangle] - for clutch, handbrake, horn and flash and the POV thing could be used to have a little menu (pressing one of these buttons would automatically bring up the menu for 10s and if another button is pressed, 10s after that button was pressed etc.). The menu should preferably be smaller than the current one - it is huge.
if you have a dfp id suggest you assign the cursor keys to the d-pad on your dfp and create 2 cycle buttons one with f9-f10-f10 and another one with f11-f12-f12 so you can adjust your strategy withou taking your hands off the wheel

a few presets selectable within the pit menu would be nice though
#7 - axus
Thanks - did that
Also the tyre wear change option sucks. It would be much simplier to just choose which tyres you want to change. Now you always have to play a lottery and take out of the hat some percent number.
#9 - axus
Maybe we could get the tyre change option added to the F9 menu instead - something extra that comes up when you press the arrow keys, not something that is on there all the time. That would make the F12 menu smaller - its way too big now IMO.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG