The online racing simulator
Red And White Barriers!
(7 posts, started )
Red And White Barriers!
I have been playing LFS and when you hit into these barriers you go flying into the air! not very realistic! it happens even when you are going as slow as 5mph! Just an improvment to make this more realistic maybe to have u bounce back or anything but not go flying about 10 meters in air! (not very realistic!)
Use the search function buddy there's been at least 1000 of these threads. As for the fix, if you don't crash like a n00b, there's nothing to worry about, so it's partially your fault.

I vote to close this thread.
ok sorry mate! and seen as half my crashes are from people hitting me or lagging i cant help it! but i will search thanks! yea close!
so this guy has almost 400 posts and has only been here no more than 2 months? *wonders about quality of previous posts*

Another case of someone wanting to participate with out knowing what's really going on
hey i have more post than some 2004 members but im just that way
Maybe... I shouldn't post in this topic, but oh well...

What you need to realize when talking about this issue is that it's a general issue well known in LFS. The problem is not the barrier themselves, as the problem of the damage system is not the cars, but the way they interract between each other. It's the same thing with anything that has to do with collision in LFS.

The obvious thing that doesn't work at the moment is that you can actually get into those barriers, which is, well... quite impossible. However, you can't actually fix the barrier problem without fixing the collision system, they come together. Imagine what would happen if you wouldn't enter in the barriers and bounce back like it is at the moment: the true thing would be that your car would pretty much disintegrate (considering it's a high speed crash), but that cannot be unless you've got a respectable collision system/damage system.

It should come eventually

edit: And by the way, I believe that the less you post over a long ammount of time, the best the posts are
#7 - Gunn
....nothing wrong about his post though.

Red And White Barriers!
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG