The online racing simulator
cpu coolers
(15 posts, started )
cpu coolers
hi i have a intel 950D processor, can anyone tell me what socket type this uses??? is it am2? 939? 940?? ive no idea
should be 775

btw all sockets you listed are amd sockets
lol cheers mate 775 rings a bell in my head think you might be right
It uses socket LGA775, and did your CPU not come with an Intel heatsink?
~Bryan~
Quote from dropin_biking :It uses socket LGA775, and did your CPU not come with an Intel heatsink?
~Bryan~

never use an intel headsink buy one from Zalman - fits on every socket (there are some reasons it might not fit, but I've never seen a motherbord where this is the case). Look at their page, there is a short film showing how to mount it and in which cases it doesnt fix. Furthermore they make the best CPU Cooling u can find (me: P4 3GHz; intel originel cooler 80°C @3GHz while playing; Zahlman 120mm Cu: 55°C @3400MHz while playing^^)
#6 - Jakg
Best CPU cooler? Zalman? *scoffs*

Zalmans are overpriced and rubbish, a Big Typhoon is better, and a Tuniq Tower etc are better bets
show me the proof Jakg.

I have Zalman 9500LED and I couldnt be happeir with it.Low temp,low noise if any.
#8 - Jakg
#10 - Jakg
atm i use a Zalman Reserator v1 water cooling system, gets good temps but sucks compared to proper water cooling (gets the same temps as a Tuniq, but cost me (or my Dad, who thought i wanted a quiet cooler and wanted to suprise me :X) £80)

I used to have a CoolerMaster Hyper 48 (which sucked).
The difference between "Best" and "Sucks" in this thread is rarely more 2-4 degrees... So if something works well for you (quiet and looks if you care), and you're not going for WR overclock, then go for it.
#13 - Jakg
its true, and that heatsink is a great budget buy, it will deal with a little overclock, too. In fact its probably the best if your not OC'ing as other stuff would be overkill
Quote from Shotglass :a zalman 9700 competes just fine with the tuniq and similar 120mm coolers
http://www.anandtech.com/casec ... owdoc.aspx?i=2978&p=5

when I see this right its to say that the Zalman Cooler was set to silent mode (1250rpm, should be capable of 2000) in this test. I'm always playing with headset, so the noise my PC makes is of no interest to me. So the Zalman maybe even beets the other coolers at full power

cpu coolers
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG