The online racing simulator
Fuel consumption indicator
(21 posts, started )

Poll : What should I do with this app?

Yes it's useful, forge and polish it for a public release
Release the current version immediately, no matter what it can do and what are the consequences !!
No, it's not interesting at all
I will not use a python programmed app
Keep it for yourself as a secret race weapon
Hi all :jester:

I've programmed a rudimentary app to notify me in game how much fuel I burnt in a lap.
For me this tool is extremely useful and has great potential, enough to wonder if it would be the same for the community.

I theoretically attached a poll with this thread but please read this before to vote:

I'm not an expert programmer, I program it with Python only (what Python is: http://www.python.org/), so the user must install Python interpreter, so the app is not stand alone (it also spawns a console window). In brief it's not an app with a cool interface (and probably not very well coded)
The app is still at a prehistoric stage, a public release means serious improvements, more features, and of course lot of time to make it.

Please let me know what do you think about it
No link? Not attached? Or are you simply asking opinions?
simply asking opinions
So I guess it flashed up the fuel burnt at the end of each lap yes? This could be useful if you are underfuelled in a long race and are trying to save fuel in the last couple of laps to get to the finish line.

Apart from that I would just use F12
Quote from Gentlefoot :So I guess it flashed up the fuel burnt at the end of each lap yes?

Currently yes. But I want to add more features, such as logging, strategy assistant and more notifications.
I'm more of a "Release the current version immediately, no matter what it can do and what are the consequences !!" (just look at LFSWorldSDK) but for this, I would vote in the "forge and polish it some more then release" camp. I do give props for the job well done.
GUI otherwise noobs like me can't use it
I voted for "i will not use a python programmed app", because i would like if it only depends on LFS and InSim, but the Idea is great
I don't understand what you mean, but the app uses Insim and Outgauge.
Quote from hughesie89 :GUI otherwise noobs like me can't use it

I agree - GUI or I won't be able to use it.
Ah yes, my english isn't the best...i mean that if you were able to make this tool work without additional programs, then i will use it for sure, because it could be very useful.
there will be a GUI, but simple and without artefacts
I was just searching for something like this and this thread came up... what I'd want is something like a message after each lap, stating my litres/100km figure.

Can the exact distance travelled by the car be measured conveniently, or would this have to use a preset length of a track configuration? Who knows, I even might want to dig into this myself...
can you post a screenshot of what it does at the moment?
There's no distance calculation. The app gather the fuel level in real time (a float type value, ultra precision :Eyecrazy and performs a simple subtraction.

there's a screenshot:
I presume you are using a combination of outguage and insim. Ideally, I would have thought it should just send insim messages to keep the player informed.

A great feature would be a low fuel warning, and a 'pit this lap' warning. Suppose you did a fuel check at the last split, and the fuel remaining was equal or less than the average fuel used in previous laps, you could put up a big 'MUST PIT THIS LAP' message. Which would be very helpful for idiots like me that cheerfully run out fuel without noticing.
Yes it uses Outgauge and Insim, there's possibility to receive outgauge packets via Insim but it's too hard to manage for me, and chances to miss packets would be increased.

For the pit reminder & co, these are planned, plus other features to help pit stop managing.
OK I will work on a stable version, but it will make basic notices in game to release it as soon as possible.
I will probably use the future button system in LFS.

Finally fuel management in LFS will be possible :banana:

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG