The online racing simulator
LX4 and LX6 new carbon fibre mudguards
New carbon fibre mudguards for lx4 and lx6, with much more resolution (original texture was 128x128 pixels, new one is 512x512 pixels) and more realistic colors. Install to *\data\dds folder and don't forget to backup the original carbon.dds file. Enjoy!
Attached images
mudguard before.JPG
mudguard after.JPG
Attached files
carbon.dds - 170.8 KB - 470 views
Nice, the color also fits my skins with carbon better!
Nice
Nice!
nice! i like it alot
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote from Disposable : and don't forget to backup the original carbon.dds file. Enjoy!

I backed it up to the recycle bin I love these new guards so much I wont be replacing them

Shame we cant colour them ingame though
Very nice, good job.
They do look nice. Thank you!
Quote from VTiRoj :I backed it up to the recycle bin I love these new guards so much I wont be replacing them

Shame we cant colour them ingame though

You actually can... As long as you have a different carbon.dds file to go with each skin! The problem is that you have to replace it everytime you change skin, but it works.
Attached images
purple_mudguard.JPG
golden_mudguard.JPG
#10 - Tomi
is there an aluminium or brushed metal texture available for these mudguards ?

I love the LX4/6 but I would prefer a more vintage touch to them . An aluminium texture would suit all skins.
Quote from Tomi :is there an aluminium or brushed metal texture available for these mudguards ?

I love the LX4/6 but I would prefer a more vintage touch to them . An aluminium texture would suit all skins.

Nobody really releases a silvery/aluminum texture for these because there is a blue hue/tint on them from some kind of light source, and it doesn't make them look metallic, they just look like a bluish grey.
#12 - Tomi
oh too bad...

thanks for the information though
Quote from Tomi :is there an aluminium or brushed metal texture available for these mudguards ?

Try these Tomi

Maxim
Attached files
carbon.dds - 256.1 KB - 192 views
@Disposable

Thanks for this one! realy nice job i like them
Very good work
#15 - Tomi
Quote from MaximUK :Try these Tomi

Maxim

Thanks for the try Maxim.

Unfortunately, Tweaker was right and there is a strange coloration on it if you compare the actual dds file and the result on screen. They look too greenish in LFS. :\
great!
Quote from Tomi :Thanks for the try Maxim.

Unfortunately, Tweaker was right and there is a strange coloration on it if you compare the actual dds file and the result on screen. They look too greenish in LFS. :\

I made these slightly yellow to make up for the bluish colour lfs seems to add. Maybe I went a bit too far .

Problem is from some views they look a different colour again. I created them more to show you the effect rather than as a serious attempt at alloy mudguards. I keep forgetting to get rid of them from my pc and each time I fire up the LX6 it is a :doh: moment.

Maxim

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG