The online racing simulator
The first released S2.
(17 posts, started )
The first released S2.
Does anyone still have it? I want to have a look. I searched on the forum, the official site and Google.

Someone please help me!
#3 - Renku
The first ever S2 was 0.5K (only demo) and full was 0.5P, I think. There is a very good chance I might be wrong though..

Edited the "letters" according to http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/About_LFS. I believe both are on Gamershell.
Quote from danowat :Thinking about it, I am kinda suprised their isn't an "official" LFS history database

IF you know the exact filenames you can modify the links on Liveforspeed.net. Used to at least.
#5 - herki
There also was this famous 0.5F release with the LX8 GTR, but this version was never released to the public, only shown at a games convention (don't remember which one it was)
Quote from Renku :The first ever S2 was 0.5K (only demo) and full was 0.5P, I think. There is a very good chance I might be wrong though..

Edited the "letters" according to http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/About_LFS. I believe both are on Gamershell.

Correct, there was also 0.5L demo only. I am thinking 0.5L was a slight tire tweak or this is where the GTi was possibly upped in horsepower slightly.

I still have them all "installed" from the 0.3H S1 through W10. I have many of the U test patches scattered in the list of "installed" as well.
Quote from herki :There also was this famous 0.5F release with the LX8 GTR, but this version was never released to the public, only shown at a games convention (don't remember which one it was)

i remember that before i joined it looked good
#8 - Woz
Quote from funnybone2 :i remember that before i joined it looked good

Yep, I think LFS has now reached the point (W10 with clutch pack preload) where this car would shine.
my jaw just dropped

and i mean.. literally.. that has never happened to me, but .. that is.. omg
I once wondered why there is no gtr from the lx class. They are the most destinctive cars in the game. I think it is because the other gtr cars wouldnt stand a chance. With 190 hp, the lx6 still blows most of the other cars out of the water.
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I think that if the LX8 did come in, it should be competible with the GTR class, and look like this:
http://www.switchimage.com/phl ... hlog_Donkervoort_6021.jpg

After looking through a pile of "Sport Auto" magazines, I found the article about the Donky.

Weight: 760kg (fueled)
BHP: 398

Price: 150k Euro

small Hockenheimring
Düchting Donkervoort D8 RS:1.04,8 min
Koenigsegg CCR: 1.09,8 min
Porsche Carrera GT: 1.08,6 min
The donkey would be a neat addition.

But for a Long time I've hoped for the non-downforce slick-shod Caterham racers that really do compete with large grids accross the world.

Even if we got the Donkey, it just wouldn't fit with the GTR class. The car is So diminutive in size, it just needs a class of its own. Also The tire wear would just not be comparable to the others, 900 lbs vs 2000+ lbs.

To me the only thing holding back the Micro-GTR class is that they're FWD. You bring any FR or MR, even 4WD into the slick-without downforce and I think it would really become a popular class.

It could be a natural progression for something like the STCC, low/no downforce ~touring level cars.
Donkey +1
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I think that if the LX8 did come in, it should be competible with the GTR class, and look like this:
http://www.switchimage.com/phl ... hlog_Donkervoort_6021.jpg

That car just demonstrates why there is absolutely no point in taking the Lotus 7 design beyond club racing. A scratch built mid-engined sports racer will always be more aerodynamic than a Caterham which gets away with being brick shaped due to its minute frontal area and low speed performance. Trying to make one into a serious sports racer just ends up in an unaerodynamic mess like that thing with the engine still stuck in the wrong end, fundamental lack of stiffness due to the fact half the car is non-structural and difficulty finding somewhere that its competitive, it's a non-starter for sports racing competition due to its fundamental drawbacks and only very casual GT series will ignore the slight change in profile.

The first released S2.
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG