The online racing simulator
Blackwood new config
(18 posts, started )
Blackwood new config
Hi there,

i have a suggestion about a new blackwood config wich is better for formula cars i think...

the idea is to let the classic chicane out, but then there will be another chicane about 200m after the classic chicane

the kerbs should be really high i think on the chicane inside lane so that shortcutting will damage the suspension a lot...

i made two pics with my idea... please say what you are thinking about this
Attached images
blgp_sug1.jpg
blgp_sug2.jpg
sorry but that's not exactly going to change much.

as far as the topic goes, I'd love to see another entire loop added to blackwood to make a 1:30+ lap.
i made the suggestion because in reversed all cars can easily flip (yes the formula cars too ).... the chance is really high...

i think my suggestion is not so much work then a new loop.... but a new loop would be very very nice.... but where?
a new loop like the mercedes arena on nürburgring would be cool with a hairpin like the dunlop hairpin...
-
(Taavi(EST)) DELETED by Taavi(EST)
mmmhhhh.... quiet good Taavi.... but where is my dunlop?
#5 - aoun
Try searching a post i made ages ago.. has some top top configs by me and few other people! =).
Taavi - you know... this config could actually work, I like it...
but only if it wouldnt be acceptable to demo people (IMHO)
nice attempt at a black wood config Tavvi

but compaired to how fast you can get up to on the small streights between the corners on black wood that addon section looks too wide open and would change the image of 1 long streight and a few small ones.

IE you need to brake for most corners on BL unless in a verry grippy car.

where as that addon part of the track looks too wide open.

Nice attempt tho but BL with more configs would be intresting imo

But its allready one of the best circuits so it would take a long time tweaking it without spoiling it
-
No one has yet suggested adding a loop that has rather high resemblance to Nordschleife?
#9 - Gunn
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :i made the suggestion because in reversed all cars can easily flip (yes the formula cars too ).... the chance is really high...

Blackwood Reversed is the track I have used the most and I can't remember flipping at the chicane more than a handful of times. It's just like any other section of track, a bit of practise and the right setup will see you through.
Oh god, I try to visually recreate LFS tracks in class, while mentally driving them :P
How 'bout we switch the dirt to tarmac and smooth it out a bit?
Attached images
Untitled-2.jpg
nah, BL should remain the same

but i still want to see my idea!

which is this: BL2 would be BL1, but the chicane would be closed off and we would go straight through instead; meaning if you want to be the leader then you'd really have to know the line out of the first turn

here it is: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=296002#post296002
No, if the chicane is dropped, we really need another on later.
Otherwise the track would become too boring in section 1-2.
I can't stand the modern trend of ruining perfectly good straights with chicanes. They don't add anything to racing, for the driver or spectator.
My version, sorry for ripping of your image Taavi, the part he draw wouldn't be included.

This kind of exit-entry from the normal GP circuit has been suggested many times.

But basically it's only a bit complicated chicane. The white parts are above the normal ground level, green is forest (very dark shadowy forest) and the yellow boxes are stands.

Yes...I have way too much time on my hands.
Attached images
Image1.jpg
a idea for a update to bl is this:

a stadium section to the bend at the end of the long streight.

with more gravel and more viewing distance of the corner for more realism (so if there was spectators they would be able to see more)
and gravel on the inside of the corner but obviously tho bumpy gravel so no one can short cut.

etc.

check out the pictures. use the colour key from the 1st picture to understand them
Attached images
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-3.jpg
Untitled-4.jpg
No one else is bothered by the thing that BL GP layout is like a track from the past 30 years ago (e.g. weird place for start line, dangerous T1, long straight...) but it visually looks like a place for modern F1 circus? Lots of spectator stands and all the facilities... and the stupid skycrapers. Because of that for me the track just somehow doesn't "work".

I really liked the pre-S2 look of BL GP, it look more like abandoned, rusty and old track.

Fortunately we have this texture addon
http://www.marcls-home.de/file ... onid=13&p13_fileid=59
Quote from deggis :No one else is bothered by the thing that BL GP layout is like a track from the past 30 years ago (e.g. weird place for start line, dangerous T1, long straight...) but it visually looks like a place for modern F1 circus? Lots of spectator stands and all the facilities... and the stupid skycrapers. Because of that for me the track just somehow doesn't "work".

I really liked the pre-S2 look of BL GP, it look more like abandoned, rusty and old track.

Fortunately we have this texture addon
http://www.marcls-home.de/file ... onid=13&p13_fileid=59

I actually liked the old BL better in some ways, due to its chicanes (most memorable part of the track. Too bad it's gone... ) Cutting those chicane kerns JUST right...bliss. The current BL is way better suited to the GTRs and SSs but I enjoyed the narrow nature of the old track more. Then again, the most fun in those days was with the TBOs and LXs, and the occasional MRT-5 blast.

Boy I miss the old BL.
-

Blackwood new config
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG