The online racing simulator

Poll : Should we use success ballast?

Closed since :
Yes
No
Success Ballast:Yes or No
The name says it all, should we include ballast and use the test patch (consistantly updated to current) or not?

Maximum 20 kilos
Race 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th or below
UF1000 +7 +5 +2 +1 - -1 -3
Attached images
lfs_00000002.jpg
If ballast was available in an official patch within say 1 week of the start of the series, then i'd be willing to see that added, i'd be neither in favour or against it being added really, i think partly its hard to justify slowing the fastest person down just because they're the fastest, but i also understand the part it can play in having a close series.

The key thing for me would be that we only used what was official, and for a series which lasts exactly 1 month i'd also suggest that we used the same patch from start to finish. ie Patch W (or what was current within a reasonable timeframe before the series started) purely in the interest of keeping everything equal. LFS takes up little space, i'd bet >75% of the HD space LFS uses is skins, install a specific version purely for use in this series, that way if mid-May Patch X is released with a whole host of features the series stays the same, just as it would in real life (ie things rarely change midway through a series, traction control isnt suddenly allowed).

Ballast, i'll be happy with whatever popular opinion says (leaning more towards none, but no strong opinions on the matter) provided it wasnt done via test patches, just because new ones come along every other day and as the name suggests they're just test patches, the current has problems kicking people to spectator for doing nothing, so my only reservation would be in having Ballast via a test patch.
When the CRC ran The Mini League we had a similar system. The top three in each race had to have a passenger in their car for the next race. If you still finished in the top 3 for the following race then you would have another in the next. This would mean having a maximum of 3 passengers in your car. If you finished out of the top 3 at any time you would remove a passenger. So, technically if you had managed to get 3 passengers it would mean finishing out of the top 3 for 3 races to lose the passengers. This was introduced in season 2 of the Mini League and it was an amazing success. In the last season (which I won ) i had 2 passengers in a few races to slow me down

I voted yes as I have experienced it in the past, but whatever happens this must be decided before the series starts. And as said before, the same version throughout the series. I dont think test patches should be used due to the errors that occur that could ruin someones race
Ballast sounds like a decent idea, slow up the front runners for PBR a little
as i don't want incompatible test patches and updating every other day the answer is: NO
if there's a second season, there we can take all the benefits of a final patch.

regards
marquisor
i like the idea of using passengers as has been suggested

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG