The online racing simulator
Flying To Pits (Shift+S) from track should be removed
At time is going to pits possible from every place at the track. Thats much unrealistic and should be removed. I suggest that from track just only "join to spectators" should be possible.

And the car-reset on track should be completely removed. But maybe should i start a new topic for this??

Edit:
My solution:
  • Shift+S on track should send the player to spectators.
  • If the player drive in a garage and press there Shift+S he will not be out of the race and go directly to pits.
I don't see much point in this, as you may go to pits right after joining the spectators anyway?
Quote from matze54564 :And the car-reset on track should be completely removed. But maybe should i start a new topic for this??

Already done in the TEST Patch and it will be in the next offical patch.
Quote :At time is going to pits possible from every place at the track. Thats much unrealistic and should be removed. I suggest that from track just only "join to spectators" should be possible.

Jumping to the pits from anywhere from the track should be permitted imho. It would just turn out to be annoying to be unable to leave the game. But yeah, Rejoining should be restricted. Disabling midrace joining does this? It's not used much online though.
Quote from hackerx :I don't see much point in this, as you may go to pits right after joining the spectators anyway?

If then the race full u cant join the race. Thats the reason for my suggestion, because i don´t want that it possible racers going to pits in race and blocking the slots, and spectators outside the race cant join. Summarize is it just a harder penalty for broken car or flying outside the track or roll over.
Quote from geeman1 :Already done in the TEST Patch and it will be in the next offical patch.

I suggest here the complete remove of any car-reset in single- and multiplayer within the arcade-option. I cant see any reason in this feature except it make the single-player mode much more boring.
Quote from matze54564 :I suggest here the complete remove of any car-reset in single- and multiplayer without the arcade-option. I cant see any reason in this feature except it make the single-player mode much more boring.

Removing it is more work than just letting it be.. You won't probably see it much online anyway after the patch goes offical. I can't see any harm in it either if someone uses it offline.
#7 - Renku
I think I mentioned it "somewhere", but the idea doesn't have a dedicated thread. I won't comment any other mode atm, but qualification.

How many times people have asked here, that a Q should only start FROM the pits? Too many, but nobody talks about returning to pits to have another go.

Example #1: Outlap -> Q lap (laps) -> inlap -> pit -> tyre change (fuel, setup changes etc) -> outlap -> Q lap -> ...
Example #2: Outlap -> Q lap -> crash (out of fuel, ...) and Qualy is over, player can fly to pits to change fuel, tyres, etc for race and waits others to finish.

IMHO, that is a reasonable compromise between fun vs gameplay vs realism.
I suggest this be done as follows
  • Pit screen appears by driving in to a garage.
  • No telepit.
  • Drivers that spectate should have to sit out for a certain time (I suggest 30 seconds)
Quali should start from the pits, and quali times should be shown in the pit screen.
I think we should go ahead with this, if people want to spectate or pit and leave then they should just disconnect first, straight away.

Also, on carribian cruise alot of people try to see how many laps they can do on it, maybe a possibity to go in the garage and not have to start you kaps all over again. I know you can jusat fix your car in the box, but if you want to change your setup (not car)
removing car-reset completely is a very stupid idea imo. it does not add anything to the game at all. it should be like it is now with the addition of the older versions.

server side options
choice 1: no reset at all
choice 2: reset but damage won't be repaired
choice 3: reset and damage will be repaired (with this possibiltie we even can have some sort of pits on autocross layouts. just say: you are only allowed to reset car in a special area on the track, and you have your pits on autocross)
Quote from Fischfix :
choice 2: reset but damage won't be repaired

This is already removed in patch W10 and will not be back again. Why want you reset your car on track? I guess the reset-option is absolutely senseless and make the game boring. if you roll over, fly out, no problem, you press still reset and be in w10 then always repaired??????? Is this a good game??? Is this realistic? IMO destroy it the game!
I think the ideal is, that shift + s is a call for a tractor which comes and bring you to garage. Then the repair should start from there and you can go. If it´s not possible to make a tractor, it could just be like a countdown, "transporting"...2 minutes or so.
Quote from Humbleridderen :I think the ideal is, that shift + s is a call for a tractor which comes and bring you to garage. Then the repair should start from there and you can go. If it´s not possible to make a tractor, it could just be like a countdown, "transporting"...2 minutes or so.

It must be possible to clean the track fast in some servers with the rule "Shift+S after crash or banned". Therefore i suggest to send all this players who must press this because of a crash to spectators. Furthermore i suggest that this must be possible during a player is connecting, because a fast cleanup of the track is important for a good race of non wrecked cars.
Quote from Humbleridderen :I think the ideal is, that shift + s is a call for a tractor which comes and bring you to garage. Then the repair should start from there and you can go. If it´s not possible to make a tractor, it could just be like a countdown, "transporting"...2 minutes or so.

+1

Instead of a tractor, I suggest that the car remains visible during the dead time - WITHOUT the driver being in the car. An animated driver getting out of the car and jumping over the armco would be a good idea.

A "Recovery - 2:00" countdown would be a good idea. I suggest a standard period of 20% of the quali session in quali, in practice 3 minutes and in a race, er, I don't know.

And shift-S after crash rules SUCK. IMO servers should have an on pit ==> spectate and no mid race join. You telepit, you're out. Keep on driving with a damaged car unless it's totally screwed up (if it isn't great, put your hazard lights on).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG