The online racing simulator
Who want a crazy big Oval test track
It's waste of time.
i am up for every kind of oval allthough i think a shorter one where you actually have to lift throttle with the gtrs (i know you have to lift throttle with some cars on ky, but who is racing them :/)

BUT

in the first place we need proper aero-dynamics like air push and stuff and a proper race car for that kind of tracks. but yep, i am up for every oval
This kind of oval is the stupidest. No car would need to even think about lifting and you would be going on the straight for 10 minutes.
#5 - joen
not really.
what is the point of "testting" the top speed anyway? You take a car, get it to top speed.....you know what the top speed is....and then?
I'd rather see time being spend on race tracks, much more important imo.
Not really.

I like alot of Ovals but if we should get a new one it should be a decent one, that requires some braking at least. KY Oval is a pathetic Oval Track.
+1 for the topic starter
Quote from George Kuyumji :Not really.

I like alot of Ovals but if we should get a new one it should be a decent one, that requires some braking at least. KY Oval is a pathetic Oval Track.

The oval is not for using brakes, its for drafting. The game is drafting and the ky-oval is great for this. I guess we need a bigger oval for a higher top-speed with a longer straight-line. For better drafting and teamwork.
#8 - aoun
I would perfer something like bristol.. smaller, tighter and more bumpy... rather then flat out testing..
#9 - Renku
Quote :Who want a crazy big Oval test track

not me!
A track editor could make everybody happy!
Quote from Sternendaal :not again

I didn't know it has already been over suggested but what 's the problem with it?
No, thx!
Right click > Send to "useless idea's trash can"
+1 just cause i played GT before lfs
We have something similar - the autocross environment. Maybe add a 2km or more straight (read - extend the drag strip, make it like the 1 mile straight at Millbrook) and a racing circuit that uses the skid pan, the autocross car park and some of the straight.

If the straight length was adjustible, it would add the option for good old 1/8 mile (200m) drag races or even longer.

And we could have an AVUS clone, just add a bank at the other end of the long straight.
+1 for a smaller oval. I've read the Kyoto Ring Oval isn't a great example, somebody show us what the fuss is all about.
Quote from GeForz :+1 for a real testing area ^^

you know.. somethin like this: http://www.gkndriveline.com/dr ... oving_Ground/overview.jpg

that is a sweet testing area

and what i like about it is that you can get anywhere... easily, whereas with the GT3 and 4 test track its like.. 10 or so miles long and its one whole track

it kinda reminds me of the netkar demo track (whichever that was) where it was a track and had a skidpad connected etc.

+1 to that track
Yep, why not?
Oh wait, we only get one environment per year on average, so I don't really want to see it wasted on a test track (as fun as that might be in the short term).
In the parallel LFS-world where tracks are plentiful, we'd already have one of those.
Quote from Bob Smith :+1 for a smaller oval. I've read the Kyoto Ring Oval isn't a great example, somebody show us what the fuss is all about.

I HAD looked up youtube videos, but accidentally closed the wrong browser tab.

Anyway these are examples of ovals of various sizes and shapes

Las Vegas International Speedway (infield roadcourse equipped)
California Speedway (infield roadcourse equipped)
Martinsville (short track)
Bristol (short track)
Twin Ring Motegi (oval built over a roadcourse, so the roadcourse passes under the oval)
Pocono (infield roadcourse equipped)
Darlington

Every one of these is different, in size, banking and shape. The Kyoto Oval is more of a superspeedway than a standard oval.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG