The online racing simulator
missign your braking point =)
(54 posts, started )
I spent about 30 minutes racing online tonight, and during one of the races I missed a braking point by roughly 25m. Brace yourselves, here's what happened:

http://anta.mine.nu/missed_bp.xvid.avi - Rated PG – Parental Guidance suggested. Some material may not be suitable for children.
Omg, that was a hell of a ride!

Usually I go wide (if I just missed it marginally) or I get the car sideways (only as last resort and when nobody is around)... It hardly happens though...
#29 - DeKo
my line of thought is that i just keep going straight, then when im down to a decent speed i point right at the exit of the corner and floor it, works out quite well sometimes, gives me a few mph extra out of the corner.
missing your brake point in an FZ5 when racing against LX6s, now that scary that thing needs a parachute.
Quote from keiran :If your racing with good drivers then leaving ample room to slow down is not an option if you don't want to be left for dust. The only way to go faster is to push the limits...

If I slip up and run into someone I'll take the blame, it's part and parcel of racing. The whole fun in racing is to push each other to the limit and at the limit accidents will happen. If someone hits me and they say "Sorry" I'll just give them a "" as I'd rather they pushed me hard than follow in a train like fashion.

Good to see other curtious drivers out there. All this reminds me of an accident I had on a server that I'm not going to name here, as I don't want the guy that's still probably pissed at me for accidentally braking too late, and winding up lockin' them up and skidding... Well, I just don't want to bring up the whole incident, but lte's just say I apologized and took the blame, and still got yelled at and rammed for the next few races. Wasn't really a big deal as I'd see him and move to the side and break early to avoid him and let him go wide into the wall, but anyways, I'm over it now. I guess my point is that if an accident DOES happen, and it's legitimately an accident, then forgiveness is key. It's all part of racing when it comes down to the last few laps, when one driver want's to catch another, he pushes his car harder in order to do so in some cases. Pushing too hard on worn tires will cause an accident in some cases, and in such case there's really nothing you can do accept try to avoid a collision with the other driver(s).
if i miss my braking point i just burry into the back of the car in front of me, then blame him and spam some messages about "early brakers"....

j/k. but i do see people do that.

if there is traffic, i'll go wide to avoid hitting them, putting it in the grass if i have to. if i have the corner to myself, i'll try to get the car sideways and claw my way back towards the apex using the throttle.
i miss my braking points very often on new combos.
usualy i just get the car in a badass drift and try to save it that way
I just use the car infront as a brake. Nobody gets upset because they're always AI.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I just use the car infront as a brake. Nobody gets upset because they're always AI.

an AI wrecker!
so, u are the person who made them upset and thats why they keep ramming us! damn u!
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :an AI wrecker!
so, u are the person who made them upset and thats why they keep ramming us! damn u!

Mine hardly ever ram me now. You need to stop being such a girl and show them who's boss.
#38 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :who's fault is it that no-one wants to race with you?

I'm just fussier about what sort of combos I race than you are. I don't find driving a minicab all that exciting.
#40 - Jakg
i've told you before, the FXO is sexy, fast, noisy and has a big back-side and i wouldn't have it any other way!

i like the LX6 etc, but i usually only try the.... rarer combo's with some lads from UKCT (aka some "pwn buddies" who can keep up, but somehow i can keep ahead of - what are the odds of finding a team full of drivers slower than me?! ), you need a team Kev!

Shame some of the hidden gems of LFS (aka the LRF's and South City) are underused
If I miss my braking point? what do you think Jakgs FXO or Sam's RB4 or Johns XRT for?
Quote from Jakg :i've told you before, the FXO is sexy, fast, noisy and has a big back-side and i wouldn't have it any other way!

And I've told you before, it's a Vauxhall. It would look more at home parked on a powerwashed concrete drive outside a yellow-brick house in a Barratt suburb on the edge of Luton.

Quote from Jakg :you need a team Kev!

I really don't need or want a team (don't start Kalev!). I don't have enough time for LFS at the moment anyway.

Quote from Jakg :Shame some of the hidden gems of LFS (aka the LRF's and South City) are underused

Agreed. There's tonnes of great content that only ever gets used once in a blue moon and then instantly forgotten about again. Maybe once the diff. preload makes it into a non-test patch the more manly RWDs will start to appeal to the masses.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Mine hardly ever ram me now. You need to stop being such a girl and show them who's boss.

hah i do, but overtaking them is still a pain in the arse as i always start as the last one.
Yeah the hardest part of passing an AI is figuring out how many miles too early they'll start braking. That's the real reason I'm always ramming them...
#46 - Jakg
Quote from thisnameistaken :And I've told you before, it's a Vauxhall. It would look more at home parked on a powerwashed concrete drive outside a yellow-brick house in a Barratt suburb on the edge of Luton.

I really don't need or want a team (don't start Kalev!). I don't have enough time for LFS at the moment anyway.

Agreed. There's tonnes of great content that only ever gets used once in a blue moon and then instantly forgotten about again. Maybe once the diff. preload makes it into a non-test patch the more manly RWDs will start to appeal to the masses.

who said Vauxhalls can't be fast? it's like a modern day Vauxhall Lotus Carlton!

Alright then Kev, screw a team, get some friends

I've said it before - the LRF's are good to drive, but to hard to race for most of the oval junky-ing LFS population
Quote from Jakg :who said Vauxhalls can't be fast? it's like a modern day Vauxhall Lotus Carlton!

They can be as fast as you like, what they can't be is exciting or - as you put it - "sexy".

Quote from Jakg : Alright then Kev, screw a team, get some friends

Fact is I rarely get time to race these days, but when I do I check the server list and it's always the same servers with the same combos, so I have a tool about offline instead. Occasionally I do see a server doing something interesting - it's usually the Old Men Racing server - I join, but I only have time for a couple of races.
Quote from Jakg :I've said it before - the LRF's are good to drive, but to hard to race for most of the oval junky-ing LFS population

no one really cares much though
heck in all of my lfr races on the ukct club server i was seconds off the wr pace and yet i always had someone to race with
lfr drivers also often wait up for you if you lose it just so they dont end up circling the track on their own for 10 laps
on a good day lfr servers are the land of milk and honey of lfs ... too bad theres rarely anyone on them
I think if you miss the optimum braking point by a margin you shouldn't be looking to turn towards the apex, you should accept a wider line so as not to affect anyone behind you, this way you can brake deep into the corner and coast around the outside before picking up speed again, exactly as felplacerad did in his video. :wizard:
Quote from Gimpster :Anyone that does not allow some margin for error is a wreckless driver

HA HA! I liked this one! I think you meant reckless!

missign your braking point =)
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG