(14 posts, started )

Poll : Oval or Road course

Road Course
Both
Neither (specify in post please)
Oval
Oval or Road Course
BEFORE YOU POST, PLEASE READ!!

Please do not flame anyone for either liking road course or oval. It is their right to race where they would like to and fun can be had in both forms of racing. And don't flame either road course racing or oval racing in general either. This is just a thread for people to say what they like and give reasons why. You may post reasons you do not like oval if you like road course or why you do not like road course if you like oval. You could even like both or not like both. I am just looking for people to support their opinion with GOOD reasons either way and not the average "oval is too easy" or "road course is all single file racing". I repeat: please give GOOD reasons. As it is your opinion, however, you do not have to give a reason if you choose not to.

RESPECT EACH OTHERS OPINIONS WHETHER YOU AGREE WITH THEM OR NOT
#2 - aoun
Both by far. Any kind of track is a track.. they are all just different "obsitacls". Anything that has the space to race others against, being a line, a circle or a track is good and worth having! =)
i agree with aoun, while a road course may be more fun for some people, alot of them dont realize how hard an oval actually is, inches difference can add seconds to your laptime

and they are both fun

oval is just a little more boring to watch
(which is why i dont really watch nascar unless they are on the roadcourses; or when there are massive crashes on the ovals haha)
#4 - aoun
I wanted to bring up the point bout how oval can be just as hard as circuit but i thought alot would disagree, cause like you said "inches difference can add seconds to your laptime" ..
Both.

As they say during Nascar races, it's easy to catch someone, significantly harder to pass them.

There is more to ovals than superspeedways in heavy regulated "stock" cars too. There's dirt tracks with the modifieds and sprint cars, which are pretty cool.

The problem with LFS is we have a superspeedway rather than a proper "driver's" oval (example, Darlington). I can't really say the same for having a good oval car yet. Right now, KY just allows you to run full throttle around the oval no matter what car. I'd like to see an oval with 2 distinct turns, different grip levels across the track surface, and one you have to brake.

Quote from XCNuse :inches difference can add seconds to your laptime

Yup! On some oval tracks, getting back on the throttle an inch early will spin you or put you up in the wall and an inch late you may as well be driving backwards. Ovals (such as with Nascar) takes precision and endurance. Just as with road courses, the majority of tracks in the past you needed to know exactly when to brake, how much to brake, when to coast, when to get back on the throttle, and how to get back on the throttle (mash it or feather it). That is where the "inches mean seconds" come into play with oval racing. Unfortunately with NASCAR, those tracks are being bumped off for the modern "cookie cutter" tracks so they can make more money out west.

LFS is what brought me to love road course racing. Previous to LFS I was running NR2003 full default seasons and before that simulating Nascar racing with Indycar Racing 2 with track downloads (Nascar Racing didn't run for me until more recent computer upgrades back then).
Both. If there is a sensible oval server, I will consider joining it. They are few and far between, after all.

LFS would be greatly benefitted by another oval like Bristol or (more feasably) Martinsville. If you had a half mile paper clip track like Martinsville it would be better to build a road course with it, you couldn't build a whole track on the infield (other than a kart type one).
i still think bristol would be the best type of oval in LFS; very bumpy, and very sharp turns
Agree with everything Nighthawk said.

We really, really need a good short oval in LFS.
Quote from XCNuse :i still think bristol would be the best type of oval in LFS; very bumpy, and very sharp turns

Can you imagine the turn 1 chaos when a field of n00bs take the BF1 there?

Small oval track + Legends type cars, YES PLEASE. I'd rather watch AI crashing than play KY "Oval" with flat-out BF1.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Can you imagine the turn 1 chaos when a field of n00bs take the BF1 there?

Can you imagine the turn 1 chaos when a field of n00bs take the BF1 to SO Sprint 2?
Quote from duke_toaster :Can you imagine the turn 1 chaos when a field of n00bs take the BF1 to SO Sprint 2?

Touche.
i like both,but oval does deliver one of the best forms of racing,i love going Oval JUnkies for a bit of close racing lap times differ by just a few hundreths of a second and yor always promised a good race, but i also love (one of my favourites) STCC always good racing too,i like all racing,oval track,autocross,rally
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Can you imagine the turn 1 chaos when a field of n00bs take the BF1 there?

lol after one straight they'd be watching their suspension damage markers to see how quickly their suspension dies too

Oval or Road Course
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG