The online racing simulator
STCC2b Exprimental (New Server)
We started up a new server last night using the W10 patch. It's plugged into the SRA licence system and is a fully functional STCC server.

The biggest difference, other than 28 cars of course, is that the TBO's are now 'balanced'. To this end i've removed most of the driver aid restrictions, although I plan to restore some for all 3 cars on a 'hold licence' basis (ie: You can use them but your licence wont progress whilst you do).

Unfortunately, because we are still running STCC2 (in S1 mode now) the points awarded still have the STCC2 balance, ie: The FXO scores less. This is a temporary situation until the new patch is with us.

Which brings us onto the last point. Scawen is busy producing Insim v2, which is incompatible with the current Insim. When this is launched - quite possibly in the next patch - we may not be able to react immediately as we'll need to recode all of our dedicated software, and it's a multi-person job as the web interface messages the software and that's coded by somebody else.

When we're ready to make the transition to the new patch we may need to completely down the servers for a bit whilst we set everything back up again.

Insim v2 is a substantial change. It will make new things possible, and has implications for anyone who uses an INSIM or Outguage application as they will all need rewritting, but now you'll finally be able to use two together.

Just a snippet for some of the things we're introducing in the future on the STCC servers, firstly we have already mentioned off these forums that we plan to launch '3D' user bars. These are userbars for the LFS forum that render off a picture of the last car you used, here's a few examples:

Also I am planning to introduce an STCC-buddy system. You will soon be able to send messages to drivers on your 'STCC friends list'. You'll be able to see when they come online and on what server they are on, and send them private (not seen in the general display) messages between servers. Unfortunately it will only work on STCC/SRA servers, but I hope it will go some way to bringing teams and friends closer together. (please note, in order that the system is not used for abuse both drivers must be on each others friends list: adding a friend will send an invite message).

You can find a detailed list of the new command that are coming here.

This is probably a couple of months away still because I am not developing anything new before Insim v2 arrives, otherwise I will have to start all over again.
thanks Becky ,cool updates
#3 - herki
About the 3D-userbars: do they use your last skin too? That would be awesome
Yes they do
#5 - Dru
The experimental server was good last night - only raced on it for about 30 minutes whilst it was on FE Club, man that was hectic with 25 odd cars in game.

The TBO class is fairly new to me, but those RB4's off the line with the new start system are just awesome.

MY team mate was in an FXO and he could just not recover from the amount lost at the start compared to the RB4's electric pace.

How was the balancing out on the other tracks - ie ones with longer straights etc etc i did try the XRT but it was a bit of a handful around FE Club for my relatively low RWD experience..

good stuff - like the other suggestions as well

O/T - btw - great move on me last night at the chicane Becky, i was like, she's gonna lift, she's gonna lift anytime soon...... anytime soon.....oh she ain't - damn - I should have lifted as a parked it against the chicane tyre wall LOL

Regards,

Dru.
That is one insane userbar, hahaha

But why does mine keep saying spectator. I have raced recently...
The 3d car user bars are not live yet. They need my new server machine to be installed as the application which does it cannot run on the UKCT server.
Quote :Just a snippet for some of the things we're introducing in the future

Quote :great move on me last night at the chicane Becky, i was like, she's gonna lift, she's gonna lift anytime soon

Bleh, I would have been clean past you in T1 if I hadn't had to go on the grass, braked too deep with reduced grip and ended up tapped which put me on the left. You lost that place when we contacted at T1. I think my start was better, the pass was scruffy .
-
(traxxion) DELETED by traxxion : as promised
-
(Becky Rose) DELETED by Becky Rose
-
-
-
-
-
(traxxion) DELETED by traxxion : keep up the good work Becky
Becky your work is awesome, thats all i gota say !
#10 - Dru
Quote from Becky Rose :Bleh, I would have been clean past you in T1 if I hadn't had to go on the grass, braked too deep with reduced grip and ended up tapped which put me on the left. You lost that place when we contacted at T1. I think my start was better, the pass was scruffy .

Yup i had made an error at the end of the previous lap and had cut the chicane slighty therefore i was slow out and you got me down the striaght.

I tried a switch back that did not go cleanly (i'd gone slightly too deep to) but man, does that RB4 pull well now the cars are a little more balanced (or has it always been like that (ie is the FXO a little slower now after its had ballast added) sorry not got gold yet so can not tell?
#11 - Dru
i did start that little part of my post with O/T btw

The majorety of the post was about the original post i promise
#12 - SamH
Quote from Tweaker :That is one insane userbar, hahaha

But why does mine keep saying spectator. I have raced recently...

The userbars haven't had a graphic designer breathe on them yet.. they'll get better looking before they go live

You're summoning a jpg, by the looks of things. The bars are .gifs. Just use [stcc]Tweaker[/stcc] and you'll get:-
[stcc]Tweaker[/stcc]

Or [stcc]mini/Tweaker[/stcc] to get:-
[stcc]mini/Tweaker[/stcc]
Here is a detailed list of the new chat commands and their functions.
http://stcc.bansheestudios.com ... wtopic.php?pid=4952#p4952

Something in there should please the LRF crowd

Please remember, these are not yet live. This is the planning stages of a new, big, complex system. It will be a while
Hi Becky, can you please open a W10 server for copper and bronze racers as well? I don't have silver yet, but want to drive with the new patch.
Quote from GP4Flo :...W10 server for copper and bronze racers...

+1 I have silver, but it can be great fun - 28 racers in UF1
Great great great: a lot of fun in perspective.
Thanks for your work guys, stcc rocks

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG