The online racing simulator
STCC Round 7 (Full Race Broadcast)
(92 posts, started )
Round 7 of the Sim Touring Car Cup is ready for your viewing pleasure, and it's a real cracker this month!

You Tube: Stream
Google Video: Stream
High Quality: 471mb Download
Low Quality: 97mb Download

Race Stats & Classified Results: *spoiler* on website
Photos: Race Photos
Please enjoy and let us know if you enjoyed it.

BTW: Keep watching right 'till the end
works ok
As i said, Outstanding work this time round becky.

All my 5 Stars are belong to this!
I think that Dustin Dawes drove a spectacular race...

Becky, looking good as usual, making strides every race in quality, Good job
looks great so far(still watching low quality until I have time to download high quality) can't wait for more of these. and if I may, i'd like to see the FZ5 as a pacecar.
Just finished watching the High Quality ver.

:clapclap:

Excellent production. Must have taken alot of hard work to produce this.

Brilliant racing from all drivers. Well done.

Keep up the good work Becky and everyone else involved.

Looking forward to Round 8 at Blackwood RallyX.
"The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process"

Youtube hates me .
Downloaded the MQ one a while ago, and I must say this is A LOT better of a presentation in this broadcast, great job

But who the hell was driving the FXR :ices_rofl
Okay its working now.

What software U use to edit it? its sweet!

Also nice voice
Quote from GruntOfAction :"The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process"

Youtube hates me .

youtube hates me too. it will still say its unavalible after 10 hours
Quote from Tweaker :Downloaded the MQ one a while ago, and I must say this is A LOT better of a presentation in this broadcast, great job

But who the hell was driving the FXR :ices_rofl

*Cough Becky Cough*

Becky, next time let some noob drive that, like Sam or John, or Dave.
#12 - Jakg
One thing I love my uni's internet for: I can download at 20 times faster than at home
Great video once again!

Great in show, great out show. Fantastic race + pit stops strategy.

Great driving by Hannu and Viktor. Bad tactics by Green and lousy driving by Brennond... What else can you wish, FXOs finally lost win on tarmac
Awesome! Great race! Great footage! Great commentary! One really gets the impression that the commentators are commentating the race live.

After I watched the race I went to the website to check out the warnings/cautions/dsqs and the final results. I was like :wtf2: The top 3 DSQed?!? It seemed like there were more disqualifications in this race than the previous put together!

But still an RB4 won and an XRT was second

PS. Commentary being commentated by commentators commentating the commentation.
#16 - Jakg
Quote from N I K I :Great driving by Hannu and Viktor. Bad tactics by Green and lousy driving by Brennond... What else can you wish, FXOs finally lost win on tarmac

i knew i WOULD hit the wall, and although i could drive with it, when i did the compulsory pit it would take about 5-odd seconds to fix it, which was quite a lot, so i decided to pit nice and early so that i wouldn't need to fix the damage, unfortuantely i got traffic in the way, i drove my balls off (fastest lap by me on the last lap), but the traffic slowed me down and while i had the pace to keep up with Hannu i had neither the consistency or the luck!
Quote from March Hare :After I watched the race I went to the website to check out the warnings/cautions/dsqs and the final results. I was like :wtf2: The top 3 DSQed?!? It seemed like there were more disqualifications in this race than the previous put together!

Spoiler below (in white)

I was DQ'ed for resetting in quali (and the heat race....), and a LOT of people shift + S'ed to the pits rather than driving to the pits and stopping in the box and then shift + s'ing like the rules said - This means that on aggregate Dustin actually got several points!
Most impressive production to date

Seriously entertaining race as well Almost as good as actually watching a BTCC or F1 race imho.

I have to say every time I watch the STCC I have the urge to become a much better racer in order to one day compete. No other league, or race, has ever done that for me.

Congratulations on unleasing a monster
Kinda noobish driving there, I wonder if that was intentional, were drivers told to drive over the limit and/or cause accidents?

Another thing, I recommend using some sort of limiter on commentators voices, was hard to hear at times.

Otherwise impressive.
Great driving from most people and Becky getting confused about who was 5th after the race was hilarious!

9.6/10
This is really the best production so far, especially the onboard and high height shots were nice. Commentating was also very good except for the volumes of the voices (maybe some volume normalization next time?)
But well done, I enjoyed every second of it
#21 - Jakg
Quote from hackerx :Kinda noobish driving there, I wonder if that was intentional, were drivers told to drive over the limit and/or cause accidents?

like what? remember, we are driving with Throttle Blip on Downshift set to No which makes the car MUCH more unstable, and the damage inflicted on the cars (not a single car finished with no dents!) will affect the handling.

Could you provide an example? We were in no way told to make accidents, the Brennand/Szabo was lag
Certainly the driving in the STCC is of a high standard. Some drivers did make mistakes sure, a couple of them more than one - this I attribute as Jak mentions to driver aids, and also the pressure of the event. The feature race is the 5th timed sessions drivers competed in on the day, I am told that it's very 'mentally intense' to compete in the STCC.
#23 - Jakg
there will be more accidents than in practice because you want to push and try to get past driver X and catch up to driver Y
Heh OK, it just seemed to me bit like random pickup race on public server, given the number of unsuccessful chicane exits.
#25 - Jakg
that chicane is NOT easy with worn tyres with flatspots, its a bitch of a chicane to judge and you need to be REALLY tight on the exit, and as you can see most drivers got a little too close, although most got away with the scraping noise, a few (*cough* me) rotated

Just give it a try yourself with throttle blip on downshift set to No, and throttle cut on upshift set to yes - brake the into the 50's and you have my blessing because 50.98's the best i can do i set that in Quali!

(92 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG