The online racing simulator
Grown Up Racing Union is back up!
(20 posts, started )
GURU has been dormant a while, but we hope this new patch will bring us back into action. LFS will get a new buzz for sure!

Please visit our site at www.grownupracing.net

We see ourselves as a first step for new racers still learning the ropes.
We are more concerned with racing close and fair than winning. I'd rather be midfield in an intense battle than 2 miles infront of the pack. We will be using the new handicap system to balance the field and create interesting sessions.
Anyone that want a 1-on-1 lesson or just a quick race, feel free to join us on track.
We have a W9 server running 24-7 that can handle a full grid. Other, private servers will be opened as the need arise.
Welcome back GURU. Support it 100%, its where I started.
I like to try out with you guys.

I'm not brand new (been away for few months), though I am probably rusty. And in the grand scheme of LFS I could well be labled as 'one in need of help'

Anyway, I'm a fair racer. I'm at work so I can't check, but I presume your server would be called GURU?

I havn't been in a team before, just always jumped into servers and had fun. This team sounds good for me.

I be on as soon as work finishes to rip some virtual tarmac (only installed patch before work).

woof

EDIT: wow my first post, can't believer that. I'm a regular browser though.
Cool!
Hi Lads I'm very interested in this sounds like just what I need to get me to the next level

Lets just say I'm Mature but a kid at heart with 20 years experience of sim racing found LFS about 2 months ago

STCC Silver Licence - likes different Combo's and just starting to get a smooth style to my racing but could do with a little more help.

So I will keep a look out for your Guru server - at time of writing this I could not find it (the server) I mainly race between 10pm and 1am GMT.
Me too, I get on about 9pm onwards GMT, shift-work.

The GURU server is working under the W10 patch.

Check their website and sign-up. GURU use ventrillo too.
Cheers I'll check tonight

Edit : I won't double post - no fear lads I have both versions accessable the only problem is not all servers show between 6pm and 11pm as i'm with Tiscali even so I should get access sometime after 11pm
Like my man Doghouse was saying, we run W10, cause it's just taken LFS to the next level.
mmm, sounds nice
cu soon at track
#10 - MR_B
Best of luck guys, I'll keep my beady eye on this.
Hi. Sorry for the big bump, but since this is the Teams category I don't think anyone will be pissed off. Remember me, Atle? [GURU][Viking]? Been in the team now since S2 was released, but haven't been active at all the last two years. Was very active indeed in the demo days before the full license was released and we moved on to bigger stuff We had some great friendly races, allthough I never got really good. Moved to Oslo with my girlfriend and had no suitable computer to play on and even less a wheel. But now I'm back where I belong and have a pretty nice cockpit with G25 and Playseat evo up and running. Still missing the computer though (all I have beside my work laptop is a Macbook 13,3"), but I'm very tempted to buy one and hook it up to my TV and get back into the game.

Again, I know this bump is ugly, but I hope GURU is still active and that you have this thread on subscription Note my sig is the same as 3 years ago.
that's some coincidense! If you look at www.grownupracing.net you'll see we just started trying to revive GURU!

Go take a look, and hopefully we'll meet on track!
Is GURU no more? Every time I click the link I get a 404.

PS. Sorry for bumping this old thread.
Yep, died, just about the time LFS died.
Quote from zeugnimod :Grats on being alive then.

Heyyy I remember this one.. UF1's @ AS National some zillion years ago.. weren't you there Z or am I crazy? illepall
#17 - MR_B
Quote from Tukko :Heyyy I remember this one.. UF1's @ AS National some zillion years ago.. weren't you there Z or am I crazy? illepall

Wasn't it the mini league by the crc at christmas one year? Look in your lfsworld stats I remember racing you both.
Quote from MR_B :Wasn't it the mini league by the crc at christmas one year? Look in your lfsworld stats I remember racing you both.

Hmmm might be but I think I was talking about this one.. link
err it wasn't GURU race at all but I'm pretty sure Steve had something to do with it!!?
Quote from Tukko :Hmmm might be but I think I was talking about this one.. link
err it wasn't GURU race at all but I'm pretty sure Steve had something to do with it!!?

Haha, yeah. I think we both were on keyboard as well.

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG