The online racing simulator
My Work in Progress Video
(17 posts, started )
Looks pretty good.

You might wanna get Fraps though.

Sure, it has a watermark, but its not in the middle of the screen.

I say this:
Get fraps and make some more movies!
Quote from GruntOfAction :Looks pretty good.

You might wanna get Fraps though.

Sure, it has a watermark, but its not in the middle of the screen.

I say this:
Get fraps and make some more movies!

HaHa.....I do have FRAPS Version 2.8.2, I edited the video and hade to compress because I couldnt fit the orignal video on any site. I have the regestered version of fraps Tilt paid the 37$. The reason for the water is the orgnial Video is 1.35GB so there for I used a program to convert it and compress it to a smaller file. Thanks for the comment thoughThumbs up
okay 1. you really need to turn down your engine volume in LFS, there is so much clipping it sounds horrid!
2. i dont suggest making movies online like that, you'll see people jump around.. in a general online server, its not good, if you want to make a movie and have other people in it, its best to do it in a private server, or LAN at best
3. FPS is horrid at some times.. i mean like.. really bad

oh and general lack of the use of the camera, you just seem to have a few ways of doing the camera (but i think thats a thing that comes in time)
Quote from XCNuse :okay 1. you really need to turn down your engine volume in LFS, there is so much clipping it sounds horrid!
2. i dont suggest making movies online like that, you'll see people jump around.. in a general online server, its not good, if you want to make a movie and have other people in it, its best to do it in a private server, or LAN at best
3. FPS is horrid at some times.. i mean like.. really bad

oh and general lack of the use of the camera, you just seem to have a few ways of doing the camera (but i think thats a thing that comes in time)

What do you mean FPS are horrid at times, you mean like really bad. And what do you suggest? In fraps it's 25FPS and in game it's 100FPS. Also how am I going to get into a private server when I dont know the password to any of them.Uh-hu
lol wow you're sad, i dont know about the FPS thing then, but there are times (especially the first time the FZR appears there is big lag)

as for multiplayer... usually you get a group of people first, see who can host.. get a dedihost, save replay, and then make the movie off of that
making sure that cars aren't jumping around (especially as much as the ones in that video of yours are)
#7 - Jakg
that might be what its set to, but it sounds like your PC can't deliver
Quote from XCNuse :lol wow you're sad, i dont know about the FPS thing then, but there are times (especially the first time the FZR appears there is big lag)

as for multiplayer... usually you get a group of people first, see who can host.. get a dedihost, save replay, and then make the movie off of that
making sure that cars aren't jumping around (especially as much as the ones in that video of yours are)

Thats your opinion " I'm SAD " sounds like your very mature. And I am saving replays and using it from there. And as far as jumping around, I guess so.....
i'm giving advice.. take it or leave it but dont shove it back in my face when i'm trying to give pointers before everyone else comes and flames you

they're my comments, and you asked
Quote from Jakg :that might be what its set to, but it sounds like your PC can't deliver

I dont get how you determine your theroy but I'm still new to this and havent messed with any of the settings...... This is my second day using fraps and knowing about some of the in game options such as, screen options, FPS options, and more.
Quote from XCNuse :i'm giving advice.. take it or leave it but dont shove it back in my face when i'm trying to give pointers before everyone else comes and flames you

they're my comments, and you asked

Yea your right, but the whole WoW your sad story was not called for. So there for I'm not shoving nothing in your face, just giving you my opinion just like you did with me. And as far as " People Flaming " me I'll take the video off of the website so it can no longer be viewed.
#12 - Jakg
Quote from TypeRCivic :I dont get how you determine your theroy but I'm still new to this and havent messed with any of the settings...... This is my second day using fraps and knowing about some of the in game options such as, screen options, FPS options, and more.

because i can set LFS to 100 fps LIMIT (important word!) and then set Fraps to record 25 frames per second, and then plug LFS into a monitor 20 miles wide - you think i'm gonna get 25 or 100 fps?

There isn't that much you can do to get a better FPS, besides running LFS in 640*480, and then recording that with fraps, you will get a better FPS and your videos will be smaller (Oh, and if your recording in fraps at 25 fps, you might as well set LFS to 25 fps). You could also limit LFS to 15 fps, and record 15 fps with fraps, record at 0.5 speed, and then using your video software double the speed of the video, as you recorded in 15 fps, it should become 30 fps (aka look smooth....er) and it will be the right speed
well first you could have said it was your first, now yes i agree that was harsh, but i didn't think it was your first video

as far as what jakg was pointing out, a video may be recording at some speed (which actually, video makers like Don usually record their videos at half the replay speed, and twice the FPS, and then when they do the editing and whatnot they play the video back at 2x it was recorded at)
that way its smooth, easier on your computer.. and well you get the picture

eidt- or you can do it like jak says and do it at half the FPS rate, and replay at half speed (but i haven't seen to many of those come out so great)

as for multiplayer though, that still stands, and probably wont change
#14 - Jakg
Dons movies look so good because he captures at 25 fps at half speed, and then it doubles up to 50 fps, which looks a little better than 30), and because he uses Single Player it all looks a LOT smoother because you get an update a LOT more than 4 times a second Big grin
good for starters, but I see some wrong software, and lack of knowlege of movie making
1) use 800x600 display when recording (not more)
2) block all the messages in Multiplayer mode
3) get rid of the watermark
4) add more cameras
5) get some great action recorded
6) learn special effects
and youre on your way to making great movies
Quote from Jakg :because i can set LFS to 100 fps LIMIT (important word!) and then set Fraps to record 25 frames per second, and then plug LFS into a monitor 20 miles wide - you think i'm gonna get 25 or 100 fps?

There isn't that much you can do to get a better FPS, besides running LFS in 640*480, and then recording that with fraps, you will get a better FPS and your videos will be smaller (Oh, and if your recording in fraps at 25 fps, you might as well set LFS to 25 fps). You could also limit LFS to 15 fps, and record 15 fps with fraps, record at 0.5 speed, and then using your video software double the speed of the video, as you recorded in 15 fps, it should become 30 fps (aka look smooth....er) and it will be the right speed

Quote from XCNuse :well first you could have said it was your first, now yes i agree that was harsh, but i didn't think it was your first video

as far as what jakg was pointing out, a video may be recording at some speed (which actually, video makers like Don usually record their videos at half the replay speed, and twice the FPS, and then when they do the editing and whatnot they play the video back at 2x it was recorded at)
that way its smooth, easier on your computer.. and well you get the picture

eidt- or you can do it like jak says and do it at half the FPS rate, and replay at half speed (but i haven't seen to many of those come out so great)

as for multiplayer though, that still stands, and probably wont change

Ok Jakg so what you've said is accurate or are you being sarcastic?

XCNuse I shoul've said it's my first but I failed to mention that, sorry for my ignorance.
#17 - Jakg
im being wholy accurate

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG