bump drafting
(10 posts, started )
bump drafting
what is it

please tell me

james

(i feel such a noob)
#2 - Jakg
when i get in your draft, and then go up behind you and push you - the lower drag i get as a result lets my car go faster, and i use this extra speed to make you go faster
ah ok i thought it was along those lines

thanks

james
Most important, DON'T DO IT, unless you know the other driver expects/wants it.
no i dont like the idea either plus i would be really bad at it
Especially with the instabilities in the LFS collision system, if you make one wrong move, both of you could be flying off the track instantly!
I only do it with my team mates or people who know to expect it, I rarely do it infact because of the collision detection and I don't think its that realistic...but if you do it make sure its with someone who knows whats going on.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Especially with the instabilities in the LFS collision system, if you make one wrong move, both of you could be flying off the track instantly!

I think the main reason we get "pinball cars" is due to online lagg and not the collision detection system. In LAN mode much closer racing is possible without the fear of getting launched

SD.
So thats what the guy behind me was trying to do in the back straight.

He was coming up behind me and I was thinking "go around, Go. Around, GO AROUND!" and BAM! we both slid off the track.

I was just about to hit my turn signals to tell him to pass, but he bumped me befor I could do it.
Bumpdrafting is very hard with road cars in lfs. Practice bd with a BF1 will show you easily how to make it. But trying to reach the same times with "ordinary" drafting is much more difficult and needs much more skill as bumpdrafting.

bump drafting
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG