The online racing simulator
STCC and patch W9
(64 posts, started )
STCC and patch W9
Quick question:

Will the STCC servers be hosted on this W9 patch, or will you wait until it's gone official?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned somewhere, I coulnd't find it!
I was wondering about this to.
#3 - Jakg
Becy would like to run Silver and Gold on W9, to see how to balance for the STCC league
Quote from Jakg :Becy would like to run Silver and Gold on W9, to see how to balance for the STCC league

Which leads to the next question - for all new rounds to take place, will the feature race grids increase to 27? And - if so - will the number of drivers in the heats increase? Just curious :P
So what happens if you don't get this W9 patch? Can you still race on the server?
#6 - Jakg
still in the discussion phase, but remember thats 8 more cars... 8 more hi-res skins etc, and we have drivers with PC's which could not only stuggle, but also remember Becky has to Fraps the thing, so we need to get her a Cray

EDIT - IF the server goes to W9, seeing as W9 is INCOMPATIBLE, you would need to use W9
/\/\/\ Pff, ninja edit
Quote from U4IK ST8 :So what happens if you don't get this W9 patch? Can you still race on the server?

No.
Quote from U4IK ST8 :So what happens if you don't get this W9 patch? Can you still race on the server?

The patch is incompatible with other patches, therefore if the server is running w9 patch, u have to install w9 patch in order to join.

On the other hand, if u install W9 patch, u cant join patch W or V server.

I think I'll wait for a compatible patch. The new features sound great but still, I'd rather not upgrade and have LFS crash, for whatever reason.
I just use two .exe files. LFS_W.exe and LFS_W9.exe, seems to work fine for me! When I want to play W, I use LFS_W. When I want to play W9, I run LFS_W9. Are W9 setups are compatible with W?
Quote from wheel4hummer :I just use two .exe files. LFS_W.exe and LFS_W9.exe, seems to work fine for me! When I want to play W, I use LFS_W. When I want to play W9, I run LFS_W9. Are W9 setups are compatible with W?

Hmmm... Sounds like a good idea, never thought of that!

So I just make a copy of my LFS folder? Then run one .exe and upgrade that to W9? Is that it?
No, just rename your current exe (version W) to something like LFS.W.exe, then apply the W9 patch. This will create another LFS.exe, which you can rename to LFS.W9.exe. AFAIK, there have been no substantial changes in the data folder, so simply using the changes from W9 should be compatible.
Quote from AndroidXP :No, just rename your current exe (version W) to something like LFS.W.exe, then apply the W9 patch. This will create another LFS.exe, which you can rename to LFS.W9.exe. AFAIK, there have been no substantial changes in the data folder, so simply using the changes from W9 should be compatible.

Please forgive my 'n00bish' questions, I'm still learning...

So, when I rename my current .exe and download the W9 patch, it creates a new .exe? So the patch is infact a full .exe, not an upgrade for my current .exe?
The patch you download is just a compressed archive that contains a whole new exe. If you "apply" the patch normally, the old one simply gets overwritten. The exe itself is actually not "patched" or "modified", if that is what you meant

Just rename it, and you will keep the original patch W exe.
Quote from AndroidXP :The patch you download is just a compressed archive that contains a whole new exe. If you "apply" the patch normally, the old one simply gets overwritten. The exe itself is actually not "patched" or "modified", if that is what you meant

Just rename it, and you will keep the original patch W exe.

Cheers for that, I just like to understand what is going to happen and not just go ahead and do it because someone says so. Thanks again.
If you want to be on the safe side and have enough diskspace then it might be better to just make a copy of your LFS map and patch that one.

This way you will have a full W and W9. It is safer that way since not only exe might have changed.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :If you want to be on the safe side and have enough diskspace then it might be better to just make a copy of your LFS map and patch that one.

This way you will have a full W and W9. It is safer that way since not only exe might have changed.

When you say 'LFS map' what do you mean? The whole LFS folder? Because I have a 200Gb HDD so space isn't a problem.
Yes, the whole Folder. Copy your existing Patch W Folder and and then apply the Testpatch to one of the Folders.
Thanks, yeah that sounds like a better option.
STCC2 will be upgraded to W9 (or whatever replaces it) next week, it's vitally important I get to understand the effect of the new TBO balancing because we already have our own qualifying and points based balancing system.

It has a lot of ramifications, half the reason STCC is so exciting is because the fast guys dont start first. Also the 28 cars thing completely changes our qualifying system, and whether I can fraps the race in realtime with good skins. I also need to find out if South City Sprint is still 16 cars, and whether one of my old hacks still works.

In order to find all this out I need a W9 server populated with a load of racers, so i'll be upgrading STCC2 server after i've finished the broadcast.
Quote from Becky Rose :STCC2 will be upgraded to W9 (or whatever replaces it) next week, it's vitally important I get to understand the effect of the new TBO balancing because we already have our own qualifying and points based balancing system.

It has a lot of ramifications, half the reason STCC is so exciting is because the fast guys dont start first. Also the 28 cars thing completely changes our qualifying system, and whether I can fraps the race in realtime with good skins. I also need to find out if South City Sprint is still 16 cars, and whether one of my old hacks still works.

In order to find all this out I need a W9 server populated with a load of racers, so i'll be upgrading STCC2 server after i've finished the broadcast.

i can't get on get on stcc2 can i or if i did i would of help you.
Quote from Becky Rose :It has a lot of ramifications, half the reason STCC is so exciting is because the fast guys dont start first.

the fast fxo guys you mean :P
Oh yeah, sorry Victor. We got a few stars in slower cars too . Maybe with whatever new system we have we should make them start in the midfield somehow *evil grin*
-
(joshdifabio) DELETED by joshdifabio : Don't wanna get flamed actually...
I'd be happy to start anywhere in the field

Lets hope the extra grid positions will eventually allow more people to compete in the league
Quote from Becky Rose :Maybe with whatever new system we have we should make them start in the midfield somehow *evil grin*

wouldnt that mean that qualy will be all about who can set the slowest lap ?

STCC and patch W9
(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG