The online racing simulator
any1 like rock/metal/emo/hardcore?
(86 posts, started )
if so then whos going to the download festival this year??
i am been the last 4 years running. gotta say my first time was the best great band line up more metal then emo... 2nd year was more emo then metal.... 3rd year more hardcore n metal less emo. this year..... more METAL
www.downloadfestival.co.uk check it out
no...., we have lives
cant take a weekend out of ur busy schedual to enjoy so live music and beer? lol
Answer to the question, No
#5 - bbman
No im not going to download. There is only ever a few bands i like playing so not worth it for me. Also spent my gig allowance on metallica at wembley stadium in the summer
I HATE emo with a burning passion. Something about a bunch of whiney little tards on stage who haven't hit puberty yet, complaining about how their lives suck and no one will go to the harvest moon dance with them. Pathetic.

Metal, though. Love it Hardcore, do you mean real hardcore (Actually punk) or modern hardcore (generally Emo with much harder music) I'm getting into some of the modern hardcore stuff now, but theres so much whining in the lyrics for a lot of modern hardcore bands which turns me off. Some amazing skill in the bands, though, so I do listen to some of it. As I Lay Dying and Unearth are two of my favorite bands, although a lot of people consider them metal and not hardcore.

Oh well, metal trumps all anyways. Cradle of Filth FTW!
yeah theres only usually a few bands i wanna see.
this year there's
machine head
chimiara
devil driver
kill switch
iron maiden

hoping that inflames, stone gard and ill nino play 2
but seriously.... u spent all ur money on metallica cant stand those guys lol
Quote from MAGGOT :I HATE emo with a burning passion. Something about a bunch of whiney little tards on stage who haven't hit puberty yet, complaining about how their lives suck and no one will go to the harvest moon dance with them. Pathetic.

Metal, though. Love it Hardcore, do you mean real hardcore (Actually punk) or modern hardcore (generally Emo with much harder music) I'm getting into some of the modern hardcore stuff now, but theres so much whining in the lyrics for a lot of modern hardcore bands which turns me off. Some amazing skill in the bands, though, so I do listen to some of it. As I Lay Dying and Unearth are two of my favorite bands, although a lot of people consider them metal and not hardcore.

Oh well, metal trumps all anyways. Cradle of Filth FTW!

haha emo yeah i hate it, i love cradle also they put on an awsome show in 2004 not as good as machine head tho
and i agree with everything u said about emo....
Yea, Cradle was a bit of a let-down live. I love their newer albums (Damnation and a Day, Nymphetamine and Thornography) but the issue is that they are such an overly-theatrical band that so much gets lost in the live shows. Lyrically Dani is a genious; better than any poet I was forced to read in school.

I don't know if you've seen In Flames live or not, but if they play the download festival you're in for a treat. Just hope that Anders isn't sick and they have the real guitarists there. Last time I saw them Anders had eatten some bad seafood, and the two guitarists were back home on personal business; but the first time I Saw them they were incredible!
In flames is good indeed, but a bit repetitive

HC black metal + bands like Type 0 Negative and some finnish bands are really hawt :rock_band

Immortal ftw
yeah i saw in flames live at download last year and in 2005
great band!
Do not put rock and metal in the same category as emo! Metal is not at all like emo music. Emo=whining, metal=screaming, rock=occasional screaming. METAL IS NOT EMO.

That is all. Good day.
I dont like emo.

Here's why:

Attached images
emoha.JPG
Quote from MAGGOT :I HATE emo with a burning passion. Something about a bunch of whiney little tards on stage who haven't hit puberty yet, complaining about how their lives suck and no one will go to the harvest moon dance with them. Pathetic.

Metal, though. Love it

Metal does contrast with Emo quite starkly, I agree. Metal bands are mostly a bunch of sad fantasist Dungeons & Dragons nerds with beards singing songs about how they went to Valhalla with some pixies and elfs and a wizard and then they had to slay stuff and hi-five Satan. Pathetic.

Anything but metal FTW
i no its not metal or rock but its what they play at download.... the last few posts ive made u've came in and tryed ot be all clever and /or sarcastic.... wtf's the point in that
Quote from thisnameistaken :Metal does contrast with Emo quite starkly, I agree. Metal bands are mostly a bunch of sad fantasist Dungeons & Dragons nerds with beards singing songs about how they went to Valhalla with some pixies and elfs and a wizard and then they had to slay stuff and hi-five Satan. Pathetic.

Anything but metal FTW

how can u say that? when emo is just about a bunch of guys who sometimes wear womens clothing.... who sing like their balls aint dropped and most thier songs are about death, dying or being dead.....

ive not heard 1 metal song that sings about valhalla, pixies or elfs...
nothinh but metal FTW
Quote from SLIDE WAYZ :emo is just about a bunch of guys who sometimes wear womens clothing....

Yeah, because metal musicians have never worn tights or had long girly hair or worn make-up, ever.

Quote from SLIDE WAYZ :who sing like their balls aint dropped and most thier songs are about death, dying or being dead.....

All metal songs are about death, dying, being dead, killing or being killed.

Quote from SLIDE WAYZ : ive not heard 1 metal song that sings about valhalla, pixies or elfs...

Dragons, demons, goblins, whatever. I don't read comics so I can't list all of the potential subjects for a metal song.

Ooh sorry - I just realised you left satan and wizards out of that list. I didn't realise you were admitting I was right!
lol, bands like kiss etc who wore make up n tigh trouser werent exactly metal... they were rock. an emo's first thought when he wakes up each day is "what blade do i use today?"
ur probably thinking of bands lile kiss and dragon force.... kiss are rock n dragon force are power metal. either way both bands suck lol
ive never hear machine head, chimair or devil driver sing of pixies etc.... yeah they have sang about death and probably will do again, but so does every music genre. for some reason death and love is all you really hear in music
no i dont like emo because the music and singing sucks basically..
and as for that fishbone group being happy heres a few of thier song titles
Date Rape
Faceplant Scorpion Backpinch
The Devil Made Me Do It
Frey'd ****in' Nerve Endings
Party With Saddam
Let Dem Ho's Fight
Still Stuck In Your Throat

happy happy happy....

Nah. You won't hear or understand the word anyways

Kev, here's another: linky

< Your local friendly emo hater.

Quote :Do not put rock and metal in the same category as emo! Metal is not at all like emo music. Emo=whining, metal=screaming, rock=occasional screaming. METAL IS NOT EMO.

That is all. Good day.

And I was planning on posting exactly the same word for word. Except saying that MySpace is infested with bloody emos ... as is Dynamic Racing now they let that n00b from Finland in

And Lordi FTW. Whatever you classify them as (heavy metal or glam metal. I think more that latter, but it's just a tag which means nothing).
Quote from Hyperactive :Nah. You won't hear or understand the word anyways

Kev, here's another: linky

Nice example of some ROCK now wheres the metal guys dressed in the same gear? lol
Quote from SLIDE WAYZ :as for that fishbone group being happy heres a few of thier song titles
Date Rape
Faceplant Scorpion Backpinch
The Devil Made Me Do It
Frey'd ****in' Nerve Endings
Party With Saddam
Let Dem Ho's Fight
Still Stuck In Your Throat

I haven't heard their new record so I can't comment on those tunes above, except that Date Rape is a cover of an old Sublime song and it goes like this. See? That tune actually does have a positive message!

(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG