The online racing simulator
#1 - ajp71
Daytona 24hrs on Freeview shortly
Just noticed that the Daytona 24 hours is on Five US (a normally crappy freeview channel you didn't know you had) from 7-8pm tonight.
Wow.

I don't think I even have that channel...hmm lol.
I just noticed the other day. They sometimes show NASCAR too if your'e into that kind of stuff.
#4 - ajp71
Grr... how moronic can Five's editor be in an hours highlights of a 24hour race he selected 4 random chunks like with the Nascar highlights and showed three pitstops, three pitstops in a 24 hour race, other than the editor it wasn't bad.

One odd thing that one of the commentators made after one of the pitstops was he said the Daytona Prototypes had no clutches? Whilst with a sequential 'box and rolling starts (push starts out of the pits) it is perfectly possible to use no clutch it would seem that in endurance racing the efficiency gain of having direct drive would be outweighed by the fact that if you stopped the car anywhere other than in the pit-lane you'd have to retire, unless you carried an enormous starter motor and huge batteries that would make the efficiency gain irrelevant. I suppose it could possibly be advantageous to have a heavy starter (would have to start in gear from a push start) and battery if you can mount them low down and are already under the weight limit. Or is it just American commentators not knowing how a car works?
Possibly that the clutch on that car had broken? It was quite near the end of the race so they probably didn't want to take it in and replace it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG