The online racing simulator
Ive just won 3 credits- What do they do?
As it says in the title. Cheers.
credits used to be used to unlock the cars. but because lfs s2 is still in alpha, the cars needed testing so all cars are unlocked by default
Just make sure you don't spend it all at once, you Rockefeller
#4 - Mbrio
One tip: set your AI to PRO. That way you get 48 points for a win, 32 for second place and 16 for third. The points don't matter at the moment, but they might in the future, so it can't hurt collecting some
Until you relized the devs reset the credits once they release S2 full then you might have a problem in that case 200 credits is what I have and It'l be fun to gain some to race better cars
AFAIK, credits will not be used to unlock cars anymore, this includes S2 full aswell.

The credit system never worked as it was supposed to anyway, it was supposed to train people to use the slower cars before they got into the bigger/faster cars, but most people just found a way around it, like giving the AI crap sets so they couldnt move, ect ect.

The credit system anoyyed more people then it helped, i think.
Lol, I lost all my credits when I renstalled lfs have 15 now
Credits look pretty. That's about it. As has been said many stated, not many of us expect them to still be in S2 final.
Quote from L(Oo)ney :AFAIK, credits will not be used to unlock cars anymore, this includes S2 full aswell.

Good. I don't really like the idea that I would have to drive n+1 hours to just get my hands on the fastest car. This kind of "career modes" which restricts what you can drive doesn't belong to sims.
#10 - jmkz
compare them to GT4's A- and B-Spec points; they serve no purpose
Actually you're wrong. They work like air miles, except they help go towards funding Scawen's new kitchen fitting account. Keep racing, guys, keep racing!
Hi. No the credits don't do anything, except bolster your ego, when you think you have a lot of them and shatter your self esteem, when you realize you don't.

You know, If I can mix this thread with the one about low online population...
If the credits went towards prizes, that would get some people interested.
Like have after X amount of Credits, the person gets a T-shirt. After so many
more, they get a Cap. After they get a whole lot, they get a REAL RAC.
OK maybe not that far, but it would give a use for the credits and spark some interest back in the game.

Decals... They would be cheap to produce in bulk and shipping wouldn't be so outrageous.

And to mix in yet ANOTHER thread, the one about somebody selling LFS merchandise online... well maybe they can donate a shirt or so.
LOL they'll have to do something pretty spectacular to get rid of that nasty taste De left in people's mouths anyways so people won't look at them in the same light.
But without credits or a similar system, noobs can drive the FO8 immediately. Except they can't, which ruins the racing for EVERYONE else. This is why I barely ever use the FO8.

If people realised they are idiots, which can't be hard looking at their driving, they'd stick to UF1000's and the LFS world would be a happier place. And their lap times would be better too
#14 - mr_x
i race the UF1000's all the time because of the noobs in faster cars, UF1's make for a closer and more exciting race without the noobs spoiling it! perfect mix! (im not a speed freak, slow does me just fine )
credits don't say anything, I look more often to what distance a racer has done online...
Quote from Batterypark :Just make sure you don't spend it all at once, you Rockefeller

hahahahahaa :Handshake
you could have a system where a server required a minmum number of credits to get in
i'm sure wreckers are no good at getting points
:bounce8:
Quote from Zoltuger :you could have a system where a server required a minmum number of credits to get in

Credits can be "hacked" very easily. Making this suggestion kinda useless.
Quote from Zoltuger :you could have a system where a server required a minmum number of credits to get in

Then the credits would have to be saved online. Right now, they are only stored locally. So if you install LfS on another computer, you start again with 0 credits.
Well the credits you earn online are stored online, but it doest sync with your local machine. If you go to LFSWorld it will tell you your online credits.
true...
Ok I had this idea. it might sound dumb, but I think it deserves merit.

Credits could be used as pit dressing. Like after so many credits a calendar appears in your stall. after so many more, a totally cool tool box of some
sort... a snapman?. and I dunno after so many you get rendered pit girls
or something.
I dunno, maybe that is kind of stupid - no it is stupid....
but something should be done with the credits.

As for the idea of using them to determine who gets into servers....
THat's a sure fire way to get new people to play....
They'll just love how the only populated servers require more credits
than what the've gotten to start with.
Especially if server admins jack up the , lol, "cost of admission". to
ensure that only the safest or fastest or whatever type is able to use it.

The more I think about it, maybe they should be gained in multi player only.
And since what ever your credits are is listed on your stats at LFS world, could there be some way of transfering those credits to these forums in the form of a
V-cash type thing? And could we use that Cash to bet on online races? I mean we see the results, we see whose on and we see who wins races.
Could it be possible to have something like that?
i like ur pit dressing idea but could be hard to implement, especially on populated pub servers where lots of people are pitting and leaving, but take alot of resource rendering new pits every time. But what i do think could be cool is a rank icon maybe they can implement that into LFSforums, or even better next to your name inthe ingame namelist! I dunno, doesnt add much to the game, but will boost alot of people's ego's
I think that credits are useless.

I had ~45 000 in S1. Now have 70 or something.
Racer Y: Great idea, I love it! I want a hotty chic on standby to soap my car down after a race too.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG