The online racing simulator

Poll : Should single seaters have their own licence?

Closed since :
Seperate: Single Seaters on a Seperate Licence
Unified: One licence, one purpose, one goal
Would you like a seperate single seater licence?
Some of you may already know that soon the SRA/STCC plans to open a new range of servers and we will be including single seaters.

There is no logistical reason to put the single seaters on a seperate licence, and in terms of what the licence is there's no reason why single seaters should be seperate. The licence is an overall guide to a drivers competitiveness - and keeping it is an indication that they reach a minimum standard of cleanliness on track.

However, I realise that some drivers might want to start over again on a new system with new cars - so i'm offering this poll to see what you all actually want.

Would you like to have a new and seperate licence for single seater racing?
Unified, but which licence classes would each single seater be tied to? Reason being the FOX is a very good beginner car. If the FOX - which is easier to drive than the TBOs other than the RB4 (joint most abusable car in LFS) - needs anything other than a bronze licence it would be rather silly.
I would say seperate, STCC license was specifically for the TBO class, and the path progression XFG/XRG - TBO showed that.

I really think that single seaters, and also GTR cars, should have their own license's
#4 - Nobo
I think an extra license would be good in terms of overall competivness overview.
Just to take myself as an example, i would call myself competive in single seaters but not in the other cars, if i maybe would gain a silver or gold license just with single seater driving, that doesnt mean at all i am competive with the other cars.

But i think its to much logistics and work to implement an extra license system just for single seaters. So keep 1 license-system
Quote from Nobo : Just to take myself as an example, i would call myself competive in single seaters but not in the other cars, if i maybe would gain a silver or gold license just with single seater driving, that doesnt mean at all i am competive with the other cars.

Good point, I am currently platinum licensed in the STCC system, me being a relative noob to single seaters would go into the single seater system with a platinum license, which isn't stricly fair as I am not that great at single seaters.

I really must be seperate
Quote : But i think its to much logistics and work to implement an extra license system just for single seaters.

Let me worry about that . I dont mind, if it is what is wanted.
I voted separate becuase they are so different to drive to TBO etc
Separate here too.
Separate, just to get people racing for the points again. Who gets the first platinum etc.

Please use FO8
Seperate for me also, as people have said, it's two different styles of driving. You would need to progress through each class (TBO, Single seater), not getting to the top of one class and automatically being top in the other class.

Great idea.
#11 - SamH
I've voted for separate.. basically for the same reasons given by others. I really relish the opportunity to progress through SS licencing. I think it'd be awesome to parallel the FIA's SS career path in the SRA.
Quote from SamH :I've voted for separate.. basically for the same reasons given by others. I really relish the opportunity to progress through SS licencing. I think it'd be awesome to parallel the FIA's SS career path in the SRA.

Same licence grades though IIRC.
#13 - SamH
Quote from duke_toaster :Same licence grades though IIRC.

What I mean is.. separate from the STCC licence system, a new career path for single seaters.. move from MRT to FOX to FO8 to BF1. It'd be awesome.
Quote from SamH :What I mean is.. separate from the STCC licence system, a new career path for single seaters.. move from MRT to FOX to FO8 to BF1. It'd be awesome.

+1 to that progression path
Quote from SamH :What I mean is.. separate from the STCC licence system, a new career path for single seaters.. move from MRT to FOX to FO8 to BF1. It'd be awesome.

Aye, I am feeling that progression path
#16 - SamH
Geez.. just thinking about it.. an entire server full of BF1 drivers that can, EN MASSE, negotiate T1! It'd be a dream come true!

If it WAS the same system and a single licence, what licence grades would you need for each car?

yes please
seperate
#20 - SamH
Quote from duke_toaster :If it WAS the same system and a single licence, what licence grades would you need for each car?

That would be one for Becky to define, but I would suggest something to mimick real-life licence classes would be a good option.

It's exactly the kind of progression I was thinking about starting myself. Really looking forward to this.
#22 - Jakg
that would be decided if it was voted for.

IMO, it should go FOX>MRT>FO8>BF1
#23 - Dru
Seperate licenses

MRT racing on the server would be great as a starter working upwards etc

I can not wait
Quote from Jakg :that would be decided if it was voted for.

IMO, it should go FOX>MRT>FO8>BF1

Seeing as the MRT is a "student" racing project, MRT should be first really
#25 - SamH
Quote from danowat :Seeing as the MRT is a "student" racing project, MRT should be first really

I just said exactly that to Jak in Teamspeak! LOL!

(war has ensued!)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG