The online racing simulator

Poll : What is the prefered Format for divisions

Closed since :
Drivers are seperated purely on times
Teams are split equally over the 2 divisons based on admin descretion
Don't like any suggestion (please reply with comments)
Teams are kept together regardless of individual speeds
#1 - Dru
Division Structure : Drivers or Teams
Hi guys,

with the sign up hitting 40 people, we need to seperate out into 2 divisions.

As the proposed league format includes both drivers and team i want to get a straw poll to find out whether the most important factor is racing in the right division (racer speed times) or by driving together in a team over the 5 weeks?

Therefore a poll.

The team split option (Option 3) should read that the teams should be split across divisions NOT that the drivers from a team should be split up over the divisions
#2 - Dru
Hi Shaguar,

Please could you give us your suggestion?

As with respect to the division status we are in discussion at present . . . .

why o why did so many people have to sign up

of course the other way would be to run a full server of 24 cars in this new patch and force the people in the series on the fastest 24 hot laps or something?

decisions decisions
-
(shaGuar) DELETED by shaGuar
Sorry. Voted wrong. I would like the drivers just to earn points and put them together at the end of it all

Doesnt matter wich div.
Quote from Dru :
why o why did so many people have to sign up

well I think Dru, because racing with the UF 1000 makes much fun on full servers.

I suggested it once in the other thread, to use the sprint race as "Champions Race" that only the top 10 of each feature race are allowed to take part. That would mean we have to have the same average laptime on each server. We might need hotlaps for that... the best thing would be taking an difficult track maybe wich is not in the series because of the objectivity. (BTW: That do not mean that there will be boring racing, the slower racers get faster while racing.) It would be a challenge to get into the Top 10, because you can get additional Points in the Sprint Race!
For the last race I would suggest (because it is so special) to take the first suggestion of you Dru, to compare all Qualifyer times and put them (the racers) together by speed (DIV 1:fastest 20 DIV 2:slowest 20). Then a continiuing Point system would be great (DIV1 makes more points then DIV2)
I will drive fe gold
I like the idea of divisions but you would need to do a day or two of "qualifying" to find out which drivers to put into each server. 40 drivers = 20 in each server. Top 20 times in server 1/Division 1 and the last 20 in server 2/division 2.

After the first round of two races you would have to compare race times to see if the top 3-5 drivers in Div 2 were faster than the bottom 3-5 of Div 1 and they would be swapped for the next round. This would give an incentive of progression into a higher Div and also the risk of relegation. Meaning people would have a goal of either avoiding relegation or promotion each week.

Working the points out for this would be a challenge.

Thats my 2 pennies worth for ideas

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG