The online racing simulator
ok few things i have seen for the past few days
1. drivers don't let races finish i mean they restart once 1st driver has won you don't see that happen in real races right

2. giveaway to drivers who are half in front in corners or tight spaces.

3. when you crash don't sit on the track move or if you skid and block someone infront of you move or you make others crash.

4. I think they need to bring back clean racers club.
That sort of stuff always happens on the public servers, for proper racing you should try entering a few leagues.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :That sort of stuff always happens on the public servers, for proper racing you should try entering a few leagues.

i know it dose but i don't have time to enter events yet mite soon tho am getting trough to my mum about staying at home when she goes to her bf so far its working just need to talk to her a bit more.

but am just saying am getting tired of whats happening on the servers i feel like its going to end up like the demo.
Quote from faster111 :3. when you crash don't sit on the track move or if you skid and block someone infront of you move or you make others crash.

Please don't! Move that is. It's much harder to avoid a moving object.. If you spin and end up on the middle of the track, wait for others to pass and then start moving.
Quote from geeman1 :Please don't! Move that is. It's much harder to avoid a moving object.. If you spin and end up on the middle of the track, wait for others to pass and then start moving.

well they should spec then or get a car they can handle.
How about a server which is Demanding and loads of people AFK?
Quote from faster111 :well they should spec then or get a car they can handle.

I don't support speccing, because it takes a way a small bit of realism.
Quote from geeman1 :I don't support speccing, because it takes a way a small bit of realism.

well got any ideas of what els they could do.
Quote from faster111 :well got any ideas of what els they could do.

Stay where they are and wait for others to pass..
ok.
Quote from faster111 :ok.

To make things clear, by spinning I meant crashing or whatever else could cause a racer to lose control.
Quote from geeman1 :To make things clear, by spinning I meant crashing or whatever else could cause a racer to lose control.

what if a player loses control and other hit him by mistake then what.
Quote from faster111 :what if a player loses control and other hit him by mistake then what.

U get owned!

lol seriously though the best thing to do if u lose controll and crashing press Shift+S.

It can mean the diffrence of having a 1st place guy lose or win!
Quote from faster111 :4. I think they need to bring back clean racers club.

That's a blast from the past. I'll get shot down for this, but CRC in it's final incarnation wasn't what it should've been.

However, the STCC and similar should be the natural evolution of projects like the CRC.
Quote from the_angry_angel :That's a blast from the past. I'll get shot down for this, but CRC in it's final incarnation wasn't what it should've been.

However, the STCC and similar should be the natural evolution of projects like the CRC.

well thats mostly posted about this cause of the stcc servers are a bit ruff on the bronze server.
Quote from faster111 :well they should spec then or get a car they can handle.

I think that is ignorant, i have just got S2 and its taking time to adjust to the new tracks and cars so its nothing to do with spec or handling a car
Cars spin and crash in real life, and they can't magically teleport back to their pitlane when they do.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I think that is ignorant, i have just got S2 and its taking time to adjust to the new tracks and cars so its nothing to do with spec or handling a car

Actually i agree with faster111, If your going to drive a car that new to you then you should do plenty of practice with it offline until your confident you can handle it properly.
It's just disrespectful to the other racers if you go charging in without being able handle your motor.
Ok maybe i worded my post wrong, i went online to get different setups to help me handle the cars, i told the other players i had got S2 today so they are weary around me and i kept my distance from them e.g. on the start line i let them get 5 seconds ahead. i didnt cause an accident.

i can race but im used to racing i the xrt so i adapting different cars.

Is there a server for beginners ?? if not there should be.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Ok maybe i worded my post wrong, i went online to get different setups to help me handle the cars, i told the other players i had got S2 today so they are weary around me and i kept my distance from them e.g. on the start line i let them get 5 seconds ahead. i didnt cause an accident.

i can race but im used to racing i the xrt so i adapting different cars.

Is there a server for beginners ?? if not there should be.

Start with low populated servers.

5 seconds is OK, on medium and long tracks. On the small tracks feClub, cadet so1 and so. Be carefull, because the leaders will soon be on your tail

Just be carefull, untill you learn the car and track, and go to the pits, if the packs is starting to lap you. That is very stressfull, getting overhoaled by 15 racers, and beeing unsure of what to do

But keep racing, that`s the only way to learn.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Is there a server for beginners ?? if not there should be.

Not really, but anyway , you did exactly the right thing that's not a problem at all if your prepared to hang back a bit at the start.
My comments were really aimed at those drivers that cant handle their cars, get right in the pack and end up taking people out stupidly on a corner,tail hanging out all over the place. Which I've seen plenty of.

No, what your doing is the perfect approach. good luck out there, and welcome to S2
Thankyou
Well, if you see me in "UKCT Canadia", I'm usually there and we are just practicing for whatever, so feel free to come in and try and learn whatever car in a no pressure environment.
I made a funny discovery.

STCC server, UF1's at South City Classic, normal direction... I was taken out going into turn one (tight left hander) pretty heavy by what seems like 10 cars at the start of the race. So I pited and spectated the the remainder (entire) race. I can get into the low 1:03's, so I watched the first place car that was running consitant 1:02's to see what he was doing that I wasnt.

So running in first place getting 1:02 after 1:02, the only thing I found him to be doing that was that different from me, was upon entering turn one (tight left hander) he was braking at the 50m mark and slamming his car into 1st gear to slow him down...red line from hell! 4th gear to 1st gear as fast as he can, no rev matching using the engine to brake would have been disaster for a motor doing it lap after lap in real life. Now yes, its a sim, so wheres the simulated smoke when his motor would have let go?

I tried it and I cant do it for whatever reason, and if there werent any rev limiters or had proper engine malfunctions, this driver and anyone else who drives like that wouldnt be able to. Thats not sim racing IMO, more like ridge racer.
Quote from faster111 :1. drivers don't let races finish i mean they restart once 1st driver has won you don't see that happen in real races right

3. when you crash don't sit on the track move or if you skid and block someone infront of you move or you make others crash.

If you don't like point 1 because it's not realistic, then you have to accept point 3.

I don't agree that if I should lose control I have to pit/spectate. Racing is risky, and it involves good judgement, skill and a small amount of luck. Most races are 5 lap sprints - if you get involved in someone else's accident then wait for next one.

I'm going watching some endurance racing today - these guys have been preparing for weeks. If one of them gets skittled 4 hours in I'll understand them being a bit miffed.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG