The online racing simulator
Car Engine Sounds?
(34 posts, started )
Quote from AndroidXP :Yeah, it's really a problem. We often kill our engines because we mistake 'it' with the shift stick

Hahahahahahahahah, man I love you

Quote from felplacerad :Stuff about nf3

This is on any nFx board (that I know of). I have it kicking around here somewhere on my nF2, and I know a guy who has it with his nF4. Though he uses a flashy sound card now, even the drivers with that have it.

It's know as an equliser (run spell check), and you can just throw the bass to the max... or like me do it with your speakers and save some audio cycles. I race with max treb, and max bass on my Megaworks. Sounds amazing, and the floor vibrated (Though I was told it can get loud downstairs at times ).
I am just wondering...could it be possible to make some kind of sounds using the inSim data? Not making sounds about the insim data, but a prog that would play the engine sounds related to the data LFS gives about the car's revs and load and...or have that BOV sound! :ices_rofl

And I think GPL had one program to make it's sounds more realistic. Didn't find anything about it, but if I remember it right, using that mod you could only hear your own car's sound (or all cars had the same sounds...). Engine load and stuff like that were taken care too... Not sure but it needed a lot of sounds for that...

But GPL uses samples and LFS not...

Btw. When I tried the GTL for the first time, only the sounds (nice roaring sounds etc. ) kept me playing it for some one hour. Then I got used to it and quit playing. Its "physics" just feel canned and I get the feeling like it's running Excel in the background And when I'm playing LFS I use the sounds just to evaluate gear changes and staff like that - I don't really listen to it consciously. But I'd like some "noise" added...
InSim doesnt give a high enough resolution of packet output to output additional sounds, to be honest Nice idea though.
Outsim gives you decent pecket resolution, ie 100 per second, but doesnt contain any info about the gearing or revs.
I guess in theory it shoud be possible to do some audio processing on the sound output to determine the dominant frequency. Then from that and the no. of cylinders and engine type, you could maybe work out what the revs are and then play out your own sounds.
But to be honest, I dont think it would be worth the bother.
Quote from Tweaker :Not really...

Engine sounds are generated sounds according to the engine/car specifications. So there is no files you can use to change the engine sound.

The only thing I know of that can change the sounds is LFSTweak, which is not out yet for S2. Basically all it did was change the pitch or raspiness of the engine sound, plus you could change the cars performance (But all on Singleplayer, this stuff wouldn't work in Multiplayer).

Until we get a way to change engine sounds via a file, then we could do something about the sounds, because nobody really cares for the synthesized sounds, they are very flat and trebly. And when we will be able to edit the sounds, nobody knows, but at least the devs say until S3 is out, from that point on we get to mod the game more than ever

all just in single player?, nah uh, i got it working on multiplayer as long as the guy hosting, or the server has the same MOD, it will work
Quote from BlueFlame :all just in single player?, nah uh, i got it working on multiplayer as long as the guy hosting, or the server has the same MOD, it will work

Yeah, I know it works like that, but in general, it wouldn't work for any server you could join... so it isn't a 'permanent' mod that works universally.
In S1 Tweak, you could change the raspyness
Quote from Roos VR6 mkII :It is a shame. Couse i would really like the FO8 to sound more F1 ish.

I absolutely love the sound of a F1 car too, but keep in mind F1 cars nowadays are revving around 20,000rpm, which is much higher than the F08.
if anyones heard the Porshe Carerra GT, its what i want to hear inside the FZR

man, if they put more effort into the engine soundtrack, they wouldn't need music.
i wanna hear what a V10 would really sound like just sitting behind me

Car Engine Sounds?
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG