The online racing simulator
Platinum Wrecker?
Ok...

So, I was going to type up what I saw and what I thought about it but I decided to just attach the replay to see for yourselves and get your views on what happened.

This was crazy, I was racing on the Silver & Gold server on one of the small SO tracks(~14laps), and when I checked this chaps license he is a Platinum, which amazed me. I noticed him racing before and thought, on a few occassions, that his driving was very aggressive, pushing people through corners, diving down the inside line. And to see what I saw lastnight, well, I only ever saw this stuff on Demo servers. It starts from lap 8, keep your eye on the black and white XRT. I think both could have been abit more aware but lag was obviously the cause of the crash after that. Then the madness begins.

There wasn't many people racing so I don't think many actually saw what happened, but I feel this driving is not on, for the Silver and Gold server.

Just to add, it continued after this race, with the XRT driver actually taking the other guy out right from the start, putting him in the wall, more pitting and waiting to wreck, but I forgot to save that replay.
revenge.

not the best way to take revenge on somebody, but i´m quite sure that´s what he wanted to do.
#3 - Jakg
Dont put this on the forum, put it on the STCC Report page
Yeah ok, maybe once, but to continue to do it throughout the whole race and the next race?

@Jakg - I did and I think the recieving driver did also.
Looks like he had a personally vendetta against that other driver in the FXO
#6 - Davo
3yr ban, kthxbai
Please remove the replay U4IK ST8. If you have a problem with someone's driving please send it to the STCC server admins via the wrecker report system and use the STCC site for any questions regarding the incident. This is not the place for this.

Thanks,

Chris

PS mods could you be able to delete this thread please?
Quote from Viper93 :Please remove the replay U4IK ST8 If you have a problem with someone's driving please send it to the STCC server admins and using the STCC site for any questions. This is not the place for this.

Thanks,

Chris

PS mods could you be able to delete this thread please?

I've already sent it, I just wanted others to see it and see if they felt the same way.

What's the problem in showing a replay of a Platinum licensed racer wrecking someone else?
Because the general rule around the forums is that naming and shaming shouldn't occur, let alone that it does not reflect well on the STCC servers. Of course we have wreckers, but post this and Redline junkies in 2 months will be saying "yeah, but even your platinum drivers are just wreckers, I stay off STCC".

As things stand I dont mind the post now it's made, no name is mentioned and it should stay that way. I would preffer the replay is removed.

I am investigating the driver and will take appropriate action myself.
EDIT: Dealt with.
#10 - SamH
I've removed the replay.
Quote from U4IK ST8 :I've already sent it, I just wanted others to see it and see if they felt the same way.

What's the problem in showing a replay of a Platinum licensed racer wrecking someone else?

The problem is not showing a replay of a PLATINUM racer, it's showing a replay PERIOD and dragging it onto the forum in a public way. This is not the place for this and your trying to attack this person in a public manner which is against the rules of this forum that you agreed to when making your username. No matter how you word your post that is what this kind of post is trying to achieve. Sending the replay to STCC will prevent this driver from ever racing again if indeed the replay does show what you say it shows so you will hopefully never have this problem again =)

Thank you for removing the replay =) Please understand where I am trying to come from on this. I would like nothing better than to punish this person =)
#12 - Jakg
He didn't remove it, Sam did...
#13 - Davo
I like the naming and shaming, everyone should be able to make up their mind on the person. This was really bad wrecking imo and I know who to look out for. Withe wreckers baricade you can submit replays but you never know the outcome so it can seem like no action was done at all. Atleast with seeing it yourself you can always ban the guy off your server.
Quote from Davo :Atleast with seeing it yourself you can always ban the guy off your server.

Justice should always deal with specific instances; I see no reason for you to ban someone for an incident that didn't happen on your server.

As for public displays of shame; the stocks were abandoned as a form of punishment when those in power discovered that they made as many heroes as they made examples. Its not a very effective form of control.
Quote from nihil :Justice should always deal with specific instances; I see no reason for you to ban someone for an incident that didn't happen on your server.

Why not? I wouldn't want people like that on my server, had I a server. That's how the wrecker barricade works.

I agree that posting replays in the forum isn't constructive though. If you want to ban people from your server who've misbehaved on other servers then make use of the barricade.
Ok...

It was never ment to be a personal attack of this racer. I was just amazed at the way this chap reacted to an accident! He was never crashed on purpose, but sought revenge for the rest of the race and the next. I just wanted to show people what went on in the race, clearer picture of what I saw, rather than just reading my post.

I appologise for making the replay public, I never thought of it as an personal attack. I didn't name him for that reason.
Quote from Davo :Atleast with seeing it yourself you can always ban the guy off your server.

thats the whole point of the barricade afaik
if im not mistaken its a database of wrecker videos for admins to watch and decide if theyd like to ban the offending driver or not
Quote from thisnameistaken :Why not? I wouldn't want people like that on my server, had I a server. That's how the wrecker barricade works.

It was a straight-up revenge wreck - the LFS equivalent of a pub fight. Not desired behaviour and worthy of an STCC ban, but I wouldn't feel happy to extrapolate from just this replay that the drivers concerned make a habit of it, wherever they go.
I would like to make clear that STCC doesn't use banning as a first offense policy, these days we have the tools to reform rather than deny and we try to use them - in most incidents we'll do that along with a licence penalty rather than ban to try and encourage people to become good drivers rather than boot them completely.

We are strict in our stewarding, because we want clean servers, we'd like for them to be the cleanest in LFS (although it's pretty much in your hands not ours!), and I believe the best way to do that is to educate on how we want drivers to behave rather than just kick people out who dont have our hymn sheet.

In this case however it was necessary to take strong affirmative action, but that's all i'm prepared to say on the subject.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG