The online racing simulator
More city tracks?
(54 posts, started )
More city tracks?
South City has always been my favourite racing course and LFS should definitely have more city tracks! City courses are the most eventful and interesting ones, in my opinion.

LFS is in a more or less feature complete S2 Alpha stage right now so no new tracks will be added (?), but it would be nice to see a couple more being added for S3, like a city course with lots of altitude variations, steep down/upward slopes (to make you feel the butterflies in your stomach) and such, don't you agree?
#2 - kompa
hell yeah!
Town courses are great....
#4 - Renku
Quote :More city tracks?

nope, not really!
#5 - JTbo
Different style city track would be nice indeed, we have now city tracks where there is guardrails always next to track, but there could be city track that is bit more open, I remember one 1000 lakes section that was in city, but it was in outskirts of city and there was no guardrails, but sidewalk next to track, it was partly tarmac and partly gravel between woods, very interesting track layout too, city rally yes that would be special.

One car crashed to lamp post and other to tree, I think it was time when Toyota Celica was still winning, hmm
Quote from Renku :nope, not really!

duh tell me why not? illepall

i didnt like SO at the beginning but started to like it later.
one good thing is its tight, and mistakes can cost u a race what results in a much cleaner race cuz ppl pay more attention.
also, imo the sense of speed is a lot better than on open tracks.
id like to have more tracks in citys.
#7 - Gil07
I've only just got S2 but the tracks I like less untill now are definitely the South City ones... It's very confusing.

If there was a city track that was less confusing I wouldn't mind, but I always take the wrong turns in this one
I've got some good ideas for south city expantions. I'll draw them out for you.
i really like the South City tracks, but it might have something to do with being a masochist. i think a lot of people are put off by it being so easy to mangle the car on the the barricades.

maybe a more wide open, grand prix style, city track would be more popular? for example, something that combined some regular city streets with a twisty section (say through a city park) and a fast straight along a waterfront...

#10 - ste_
There's still some layouts in south city that aren't tracks isn't there? perhaps we'll get some new ones like we did with aston
City with TBO or LX4 is extremly fun!

+1 for more cities, not only South City
South city is teh best what LFS has to offer for the slower cars. Great fun even with the boat or the whale! Teh puikula fits quite weel to the urban neighbourhood

But I'd much rather have a twisty, slow and temperimental and technical track placed in natural environment, like woods or more hilly place instead of city track.

Laguna seca, Bathurst, Mosport :shhh:
#13 - S0ul
South city rocks! Just a few more would be great indeed. Im so looking forward to the graphic update for South city
I used to hate SO, but I had a brief break from LFS last year, I got back into it again with the STCC servers, and since they had, and still have, SO running a lot, I learned to drive the combos better, and have actually come to enjoy it. It rewards accuracy (not that I'm the most accurate driver), I just think that with a bit of practise you can learn a track/combo.

Don't give up on it after a couple of botched laps, if your still not getting it after 10 laps keep trying, its an aquired taste, but one that improves with practise, much fun to be had!!! :elefant:
agreeed ./
#16 - Davo
Try south city with high wind lol

Not a track I like, there's no room for error so you usually win because someone infront crashed not because of great racing ability. It's also easy to take other people out by squeezing them onto the wall even if you didn;t mean it sometimes side by side racing is fun but not at so.
nah.. try aston with full wind in a BF1.. see who can last the longest without being tossed off the track, its hard!

once again.. i want to see a big city near water, something similar to a monaco type region
(not monaco itself, just to give an idea of what i mean by "near water")
Love the city tracks, wouldn't mind at all if they added more .....high wind, ah yuck!
Personally I love city tracks and +1 to this suggestion, although it's in a wrong forum. I'm from Macao, and that's the last race of WTCC, which is a phenomenon city track!
The thing I like about South City is that its obviously an english city with recognisable road signs and buildings (the style of buildings anyway).
#21 - JJ72
something like Longbeach or toronto will rock.
Whats funny is, ive always hated South City in LFS, but always LOVED the Seattle Circuit (a city course) in Gran Turismo.

City tracks are really fun, but theres just somthing about south city i dont like. I think its the confusion of not knowing which direction to turn, without using a map. You get to the "intersection", and if its a right turn, you can easyly make a left, and not notice theres a barricade, untill youve actualy turned that way, and went into that direction.

I dont know if anybody gets what i mean.
#23 - JJ72
you just need to do more laps.
I've done countless laps of the SO circuits, and I used to get really confused with which one is which. But I still love it. Some of the potholes mean the racing lines are a bit weird, but it all adds to the fun.

Personally, I'd like to see something like Monaco in-game - a couple of nice elevation changes, some fast, narrow straights and some seriously scary tight corners at the end of them. And most important of all, an amazing view from the top
#25 - JTbo
Just use this area (worth to check elevations from google earth )

More city tracks?
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG