The online racing simulator
XRT race setup
(23 posts, started )
XRT race setup
Hi, i want a setup for the XRT which is fast as the only times i can seem to pull out on blackwood are 29's 30's ans 31's i want a setup which will get me into the 26's and 27's if possible.

also im about to buy S2 and like racing in the BMW sauber and my best time is 58 seconds round blackwood i was wondering is this any good and will i stand a chance racing in it.

thanks,
I'd put my asbestos suit on now, if I were you.
oooooooops

so close, but no cigar!!
Quote from pearcy_2k7 : and like racing in the BMW sauber and my best time is 58 seconds round blackwood i was wondering is this any good and will i stand a chance racing in it.

thanks,

Oooh, your a dead man......

Run Boy!! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!

*runs as fast as he can
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'd put my asbestos suit on now, if I were you.

Is that the death star where your nationality is ment to be?

before we burn the bannana's maybe this guys "friend" has S2?
Oooh thats what this is about yes i tried it at my friends house who introduced it to me.

And if i did have a hack why would i buy S2
Because you can't play online with the hack, and since the AI sucks there's no other reason to play LFS.

I wish I had nameless "friends" that had all the games I want to play, and didn't mind giving them to me for free
only thing i can suggest to this guy is for him to ring his "freind" and tell him to log onto the forums, and post a reply on here. but lets see if that happens
eermmmmm

Can you just answer my questions eniwayz
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Can you just answer my questions eniwayz

Yep - a setup isn't gonna find you 4 seconds. What you need is practice.

Post your set here if you like and I'll have a look at it for you.
its the standard race_S setup thats on the game
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :its the standard race_S setup thats on the game

OK - try this one. Its the one from inferno. If you struggle to control it try adding a click of front bump and ARB.
Attached files
XR GT TURBO_bl1_nosse1801.set - 132 B - 2881 views
Thanks alot m8 , its a really good setup ive just literally gone round blackwood and got a 1.27.90 after a couple of laps.

i had a bit of trouble at first handling on the bottom U turn, i changed the final drive to vicous LSD and it cured it thanks alot.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Thanks alot m8 , its a really good setup ive just literally gone round blackwood and got a 1.27.90 after a couple of laps.

i had a bit of trouble at first handling on the bottom U turn, i changed the final drive to vicous LSD and it cured it thanks alot.

Glad it helped - here's the link to the site I got it from
http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/
Just got a 1.27.25 so im ready to break into the 26's thanks again
was like you at first, i also use a keyboard and im now getting 26's my best is 1.26.15, its just practice and getting into the right gears for the right corner and braking at the rght time, i use to just brake as late as possible but then i changed to brake early and put the accelerator down throug the corner its much faster.
If you're doing 29's then don't worry about tyre pressures and gearing (unless they are totally flat tyres and the gears run out at 50mph), as these will only find you tenths. What you need to do is drive better.
Quote from damir.katkic :Whell vhen i just started driving LFS and try to get some help, asked for sets, tips, all i get, vos drive beter, practice, so i did, but vithout god set, vhat god comes of practice, if u drive pice of junk. Then i realised the main thing is balance of the car, just right gears, and tyre presure.

Cos i com in corner fast, and half sec infront of oponent, and on the straight Bl REV he pasess me like i am standing, vhat gives

Poor corner exit speed probably. What car is it? It could be down to different downforce settings.
I have a very good set...which someone my friend gets 1:23:04 in...i only get 1:23:77 as a pb...but its a nice setup...and you need locked diff i know it sounds wierd but you do because if you dont you understeer
Oh yes the second one is of drift...sorry lol
Be careful of the first one it is quite hard to control...but you have to be just perfect...!
Attached files
XR GT TURBO_ChesNos.set - 132 B - 1782 views
XR GT TURBO_MICHAEL.set - 132 B - 1415 views
damir.katkic, When you are writing the reply click on "manage attachments" below the text box. Then just point to your \\LFS\data\settings folder for your setup.

Just FYI, Chesnos uses keyboard to drive.

You can find more setups here, just scroll down a bit. I really need to update the list hehe.
http://www2.arnes.si/~mocko/lfstutorial

And attached is the newest version of my setup. Watch out if you use a wheel and pedals, the brake power is low. Increased the tyre pressure by 0,05 and got my PB down to 1:23:30.
Attached files
XR GT TURBO_Marko61-hard.set - 132 B - 1056 views
Quote from damir.katkic :No no no, se speed is ok cos i am faster tru corners, i hit my apex right, and corners are my best friends but on straight im pretty slov.

Car XRT

How do i upload SET

Just because you think your corner speed is good doesn't mean your corner exit speed is that great. If you get the power on a tenth of a second earlier the speed difference at the end of a long straight can be significant.

So concentrate on getting the car turned into the corner in such a way that you can have it pointing out of the corner as early as possible. That way you can apply the power earlier. You'll be amazed at the difference it makes. If you want to see an example download a WR hotlap and see how early they get on the power. If you use AFS or F1PerfView and compare it to your own laps you'll see what I mean quite plainly.

Good luck.
man that set-ups annoying i get 1:29 with the stock and 1:35 with that one :S adjusted it and ran slightly faster

XRT race setup
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG