The online racing simulator
Driftland
(34 posts, started )
Driftland
i found this: http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/1508/dl01na9.jpg (a track for Racer)

this would be aaaawwwwssssoooooooommmeeeeee to have in lfs!! NEED IT!!!! ZOOOMG!!:elefant::elefant:

EDIT more pics:

http://forum.rscnet.org/attach ... d=409705&d=1169068880

http://forum.rscnet.org/attach ... d=409707&d=1169068880

http://forum.rscnet.org/attach ... d=409704&d=1169068880

http://forum.rscnet.org/attach ... d=409706&d=1169068880

EDIT: PLEASE DEVS!!! i love scavier
That looks like a kart track. Is it?
I guess that kind of track could be used as a kart/MRT track as well as autocross park type of free zone. Another option would be to have an old airport track with long straight for drag fanatics (those 1.7 persons we have amongst us ) and some other straights for airport tracks but the corners and the track would be quite flat - although old airports are quite bumpy (?)...

"Kartland - Just add the corners!"
Just imagine the chaos of 24 people trying drift randomly around that, lol. Looks like great fun

How is Racer these days? Last time I tried it it was barely driveable
Its a good track (im Gizmo.Y on RSC) but its not really for sped, its more about keeping those Revs up and rears spinning.

Theres quite alot of fictional tracks, that would go strait into LFS. Forest Club for example, or Fern Stone (Based off Fern Bay)
#6 - joen
Quote from duke_toaster :That looks like a kart track. Is it?

First thing I thought too. Looks fun though, to kart on that is... So I'd like it too if we get karts with the tracks
yes, i know chassis flex isn't implemented yet
+1 would be useful for autocross and fun events and also very very useful for drivers having their first try at drifting
Quote from Shotglass :+1 would be useful for autocross and fun events and also very very useful for drivers having their first try at drifting

:laola:
+1, i can imagine it now, drifting round here in a FZ5, with the Ferrari eng. sound, pure bliss
±0 from me. I understand that it could be nice for drifters and some people that drive the mrt5, but to be honest, I'd rather have some longer tracks for the cars that more people drive. Remember that even if there's quite a lot of drifting in LFS, Scavier have never actually showed any hint to do something especially for it. There wasn't really supposed to be drifting in LFS, it just happened that one day, a guy lost control and hasn't been able to get the car back straight since then...

So, I'm not totally against the idea, as it would have it's uses (even if I wouldn't use it), but it's certainly not a priority.
Quote from boosterfire :There wasn't really supposed to be drifting in LFS, it just happened that one day, a guy lost control and hasn't been able to get the car back straight since then...

Quote from boosterfire :±0 from me. I understand that it could be nice for drifters and some people that drive the mrt5, but to be honest, I'd rather have some longer tracks for the cars that more people drive.

basically all that would have to be done is taking the autocross arena and slap some curbs of different radii on it ... i dont see how that could slow down the development of other tracks
Quote from Shotglass :basically all that would have to be done is taking the autocross arena and slap some curbs of different radii on it ... i dont see how that could slow down the development of other tracks

we need the enviroment!! i mean... loook at it!!!
Eric, as far as we know, is not the fastest modeler in the world, and has really more important matters to attend to. I know that it wouldn't take him months, but I'm just saying that LFS being in an important development phase, things like this that are purely extra should not be taken care of.

There's about 20 things that would need to be done on the graphical side of LFS, some of them will come pretty soon, but the rest will have to be worked on; Eric knows that and those important things are probably higher in his to-do list than a drift-land...
#15 - Woz
+1

I think something like it is a great mult purpose track that does a few things.

1) Keeps the drift mob happy as good track with many corner options.

2) Could have a good number of configs that would be fun in MRT & UF1, GTi etc.

3) Great auto x track as so many configs can be made with a few cones.

4) Great practice environment where you just hoon around to get the feel of a car/setup etc.
Quote from boosterfire :
Eric, as far as we know, is not the fastest modeler in the world, and has really more important matters to attend to. I know that it wouldn't take him months, but I'm just saying that LFS being in an important development phase, things like this that are purely extra should not be taken care of.

There's about 20 things that would need to be done on the graphical side of LFS, some of them will come pretty soon, but the rest will have to be worked on; Eric knows that and those important things are probably higher in his to-do list than a drift-land...

nothing can be as important as that track!! LOOK AT IT!! *dies*
Quote from boosterfire :

Can you tell me when hasn't LFS been in an important development phase? Like you say "purely extra", that would mean autocross area in whole, blackwood car park and MRT shouldn't be there, because it's just extra.
Quote from boosterfire :

Do you know something rest of us don't? I would assume you don't, so please do not start guessing what is the priority in the mind of Eric, Scawen or Victor.

On topic, I think that sort of track environment would be great, possibility to add waypoints would make it so many possible tracks, good for racing, drifting, mrt'ing or anything else you can think of.
another way to implement this (which unlike eric making such a track would actually eat up lots of development time) would be if we could somehow add curbs via splines or beziers or something in the au editor
#19 - joen
Quote from Shotglass :another way to implement this (which unlike eric making such a track would actually eat up lots of development time) would be if we could somehow add curbs via splines or beziers or something in the au editor

My thoughts exactly, that would be such a great addition to the AU and open up a lot of possibilities. It would make AU so much fun. That and a better collision detection
#20 - Mc21
Yeah, I think it would save time if we got some new AutoX things, like curbs, and those circle things lol. Saves using barriers and nearly killing yourself if you hit one
what would be really helpful is supporting the racer file format... but thats never gonna happen
maby its possible to convert it somehow (eric) ask the dude who made it for permisson or something
Quote from Shotglass :basically all that would have to be done is taking the autocross arena and slap some curbs of different radii on it ... i dont see how that could slow down the development of other tracks

ok, then lets see how many car/track-design improvements we got the last 2 years..... .
if we take the past development pace as a benchmark, i would estimat about half a year to build this track :P.
Well, I like the idea of adding curbs to the AU editor better, it would advance the game rather than adding some slow ass track "wif lotsa bends" in it. I think this "drft land" should be added further down the road of development process. Because it wouldn't make the GAME Part of the sim any better than it already is.

Although i wouldn't protest if this was actually added in a nearer patch than S3 final.
Quote from Moonclaw :
Can you tell me when hasn't LFS been in an important development phase? Like you say "purely extra", that would mean autocross area in whole, blackwood car park and MRT shouldn't be there, because it's just extra.

Do you know something rest of us don't? I would assume you don't, so please do not start guessing what is the priority in the mind of Eric, Scawen or Victor.

On topic, I think that sort of track environment would be great, possibility to add waypoints would make it so many possible tracks, good for racing, drifting, mrt'ing or anything else you can think of.

There's a difference between BL car park and a "drift-land". BL car park has never been designed purely for drifting, nor has been the MRT5, you're generalizing here. In some way, nothing is extra. However, I think that LFS being a racing simulator, which implies going fast around a big track (I'm not saying that drifting or autox is not racing either, i'm just saying that I believe the devs had pure racing in mind first), you need to prioritize those bigs track and whatever happens on them.

And again, I'm in right to guess what the devs think, we all can guess, and IN MY OPINION, analyzing what we saw over the years, the devs tend to develop what could be considered pure racing things before autox. So in my opinion, this thing is not gonna happen in a while, as we all know the devs have more important things to do, and they know it. I'm not saying that I know what they do, I say that they know what they do, and that Scawen has even said what's coming.

And by important development phase, I meant that we know that the next two patches (at least) are stuff that has been talked about for months. I see this kind of thing (the drift-land) coming after S2 final is released, if not later.

Quote from Smurfen :
nothing can be as important as that track!! LOOK AT IT!! *dies*

Do you seriously think what you're saying here, mate? You seem a bit obsessed to me

Driftland
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG