The online racing simulator
long live hotlapping tires!
(7 posts, started )
Hey

I just noticed how extemely the tires seem to be deforming when hitting the curb on the entry of South City Classic's chicane. The tires don't suffer from this at all and the rims are all happy about getting some intimacy with the curb too
Good job from the manufacturers I'd say

biggie
Attached images
tire1.jpg
tire2.jpg
tire3.jpg
#2 - Phill
hehe, well not everything is perfect!

but that looks pretty funny! kinda wierd that the rims dont get.. like.... edgy..
#3 - ORION
Hmmm, been a while I've opened this thread

Talking about this thing with ORION, I developed a theory which I believe to have proven with the attached screenshot.
As many of you know, the current tire model implements the actual tread moving sideways on the rim in corners. This can be observed when entering corners with very high load on the tires (SO1 T1) and is even more pronouced when you're riding really low tire pressures.
Now I've been thinking why the tyre gets deformed sideways, not only longitudinally... I think this is basically the same effect, only that when hitting the curb, for an instant of a second, the tyres is being subjected to an enourmous sideways-force. This is because of the direction the curb has been hit. I didn't exactly go straight over it, I kind of approached it half from the side. I believe this sideway-force makes the tyre deform that radically. Now, if this were real, the especially suspension would surely be really happy about this, not just the tyre

But now for the screenshot. See the direction of the force on the tyre...
Attached images
lfs_tyre_forces.jpg
Hehe that would be suicide in real life
#6 - ORION
#7 - d6nn
yeah.
orion explaned it quite detailed but i dont care for this tyre stuff- lfs just pwns

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG