The online racing simulator
programming vb6 to type something
i am creating a program to make admining servers easier, as it types the comand text for you, any help would be very much appreciated.

thanks
james
You could hook into Windows to press and unpress keys, but it is probably more functional to use INSIM. Full documentation is in the LFS\docs folder in the file called insim.txt (You would send an MSO struct with the command in).

Both methods are advanced concepts, INSIM probably requires a little more understanding of streams and network sockets but if you are using vb6 you're used to doing things the hard way anyway

To find the windows function calls for the keypress method you will need to know how to hook a .dll in vb6, then its just a matter of knowing the decorated function name and parameters for the function which are all on msdn.
tbo this is the first proper program i have made and i thought it would have a simple comand (i am very ambitious i know), also is there a way to do this in any other programing language, and i use vb6 cos i got a book on it, lol

thanks anyway
#4 - herki
You can get VB to emulate keypresses with SendKeys()
thanks alot mate
On the other hand VB does make some things simple, apperetly
#7 - herki
Quote from Becky Rose :On the other hand VB does make some things simple, apperetly

Only if things stay basic. Try to do something comlicated and go through hell (or use an .ocx/module which some nice person created for exactly the thing you were trying to do)
The true art of genuis is to simply things that are complicated, so you could argue that VB is the genius' language then ... but i'd contest that
u don't have to be a genius like jakg or yourself. but u need the know how; may i sugesst "vb for dummies" lol jk.
#10 - Jakg
Quote from anik360 :u don't have to be a genius like jakg or yourself.

i am one 1337 Programmer

PRINT "Jakg is 1337"
INPUT "Do You Agree? 1 = Yes, 2 = No " $1337ness
IF $1337ness = 1 THEN PRINT "Yay!
IF $1337ness = 2 THEN KILL USER
you forgot to end if...
Quote from Jakg :i am one 1337 Programmer

PRINT "Jakg is 1337"
INPUT "Do You Agree? 1 = Yes, 2 = No "; $1337ness
IF $1337ness = 1 THEN PRINT "Yay!
IF $1337ness = 2 THEN KILL USER

you forgot something
and in basic it's 1337ness$
and you should define USER, if the value is "D:\games\lfs\lfs.exe", you'll delete it

Quote from stevewhite :you forgot to end if...

he didn't; you don't need it if it is in one line

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG