The online racing simulator
Bathurst 1000
(28 posts, started )
#1 - Woz
Bathurst 1000
Just watched this great race. So much chaos and controversy this year, the only thing that would have improved it would have been rain part way through

Next year I am going to watch at the track
Yeah great race as always.. and full of controversy as always which makes it a great specticale i guess good to see Scaife avoid such controversy for a change Im thinking there will be a fair bit of air play about the Murphy/Ambrose incident

We think some of the online events are full of incidents, boy oh boy Bathurst always has its share, I sometimes wonder at the wisdom of so many safty car stop and starts.. always seems to be an incident after a restart

Yeah and I would love to be trackside on year at BATHURST
P.s. imagine bathurst in lfs!
bathurst is the perfect track for lfs...

Was an exciting race. Shame about murphy i wanted him to go 3 in a row
#4 - Gunn
Too many cars on the track and not enough variety. Some good racing today though from many drivers.
#5 - Woz
Quote from sil3ntwar :bathurst is the perfect track for lfs...

Was an exciting race. Shame about murphy i wanted him to go 3 in a row

I would love a track like this in LFS. This track is just like a huge roller-coaster

Yep, I was behind Murphy the whole race. I really thought they would call race end after that smash.
damn it. it should have been a lowndes/ambrose 1-2.
damn you lady luck, and damn you greg murphy (i don't care that he's a new zealander). damn you holden. grrrrr:sadbanana
wow 2days race was unexpected, imho i think ambrose has got a little cocky ever since he found out he was going to nascar, he seems never to be in the wrong but any way that race was very unpreditable, i was hoping a miracle would happen and rick kelly and tander would win oh well

hmmm Bathurst on s2 would be fun, i remember on Xbox live with Race driver 2 i had 4th fastest lap ever on it ^_^
Quote from Gunn :Too many cars on the track and not enough variety. Some good racing today though from many drivers.

Must say i agree entirely with you here! Bring back the good old days
was a great race! watched it in Ireland
i love Aussie V8 Supercars!
why to found a new thread for my question:

the 2008 Bathurst 1000 is only a couple of hours away... anyone knows if there is an internet stream?
Yes, would be a great race to watch for sure
Waiting for a stream too after reading that the race is this weekend.
Someone help us poor Euro's out!
Go Skaife/Tander (#1 car) and Seton/Baird (#2).
I want to see them both finish well.
But I want the #2 win. Glenn Seton has never won a Bathurst race though he has made 25 starts there.
Mate Lowndes will hold the lead for remaining laps, Murphey might get second if he can pass the Ford in 2nd place.

But we all know that Ford will show Holden Who's Boss
#16 - JJ72
umm what time is it on?
#17 - JCTK
Quote from JJ72 :umm what time is it on?

I think the race should have past half way by now... lol
according to history I think should be roughly around 2hrs to 3hrs of the race remaining...
Well the Race finished With Guess who, Craig Lowndes as the winner Driving a Ford Falcon .

Now Who's king of the Hill? Ford is I can tell you that much

Well done to all the Drivers in Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 its a grueling 5 Hour race. Bad luck to all who didnt finish due to reason on the track
#19 - JCTK
Quote from V3NOMOUS :Well the Race finished With Guess who, Craig Lowndes as the winner Driving a Ford Falcon .

Now Who's king of the Hill? Ford is I can tell you that much

Well done to all the Drivers in Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 its a grueling 5 Hour race. Bad luck to all who didnt finish due to reason on the track

wow so early~? did they started earlier or was there less safety car this year~?

it's excelent that Lowndes won again~!!!! made up for all the crap that happened at Japan...
Well done to Craig Lowndes and Jamie Whincup. It was an awesome drive by those two for three years running. They had a good race off pit road (pitlane). Towards the end, the #6 Castrol Ford driven by Mark Winterbottom and Steven Richards was moving around the place quite a lot and lost 2 positions.

@V3NOMOUS: I'm not really a Holden or Ford man. I generally like everyone except TKR, the team owner is a disgrace to the sport and New Zealanders, and I feel bad for the drivers, pit crews and sponsors.

@JCTK: They started at 10am I think and there was only 7 caution flags (yellow flags).

I'm talking in NASCAR language now lol
I love Bathurst, over the last week I've been watching highlights from 1963 to 2001 to get the juices flowing and I must say today’s race is a far cry from the early days. It only got exciting in the final laps and I think I nodded off somewhere in the middle. They need to do something to spice it up, in the days gone by you had a full grid and plenty of things going on if you don't want slower cars mixed in the field they should include other V8's of other makers and keep the specs the same. This would add interest from more parties and boost the racing financially. Ford and Holden are struggling with the cost as seen by Ford cutting back after 2009, don't get me wrong I love the Great Race and a Holden fan but I think it's time for change.
But that's just my opinion.
What annoys me is that everytime I watch V8 Supercars its always holden ramming Fords. Like today Ford #66 (Craigs teammate) was shunted into the wall by a Holden. How many cars where left in the Field? Cause I saw alot of crashes altho Tander miracilously Kept his car going with all the tape on his car
Quote from V3NOMOUS :What annoys me is that everytime I watch V8 Supercars its always holden ramming Fords. Like today Ford #66 (Craigs teammate) was shunted into the wall by a Holden. How many cars where left in the Field? Cause I saw alot of crashes altho Tander miracilously Kept his car going with all the tape on his car

Typical ford fan
Watched it live on TV out here in Aus, was a very interesting race.

Off to the blue mountains tomorrow, and then out to Bathurst on Tuesday, am goin to drive the track (I'll video a lap for a laugh) and visit the museam, must confess, I don't know a great deal about Aussie racing history, but I hope that'll change after a trip to Bathurst.

I was planning on watching the racing there, but couldn't afford it.
Awesome race
it waa a Awesome race but i wish Holden won and i reckon craig should of been penalised for hitting greg murphy. Anyone see the Paul weel crash i reckon he might be dead personally but we have to wait and see and damn u lowneds/whincup.

Bathurst 1000
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG