The online racing simulator
Games freezes
(4 posts, started )
Games freezes
Hi guys,

I've been trying this game on and off for more than a year. It is a lot of fun but I get some random freezes which I'd like to have some help on. On most freezes, the image just stops at a specific frame while the sound loops.

Yesterday, instead of just freezing, it crash with the Windows Dr Watson tool popping with an error at offset 0140000d. Could you guys help me pinpoint a specific option (if any) I could turn off to eliminate these crashes?

P.S. I deactivated vertical shadin and I turned minimum sleep to a higher value (like 12 ms) which seemed to help the issue but now the crashes are just most spaced apppart, they do still happen

Thanks in advance!
As first check your CPU temp. You said that disabling of Vertex Shaders had helped, so you might want to update your graphics drivers and DirectX. (BTW, try to set up your computer to run LFS with Vertex Shaders enabled because it improves performace a lot)
CPU Temps check
I'll check the CPU temps next time I play. I thought I had solved the issue with the sleep delay because my CPU was topping at most at 75%, still had some idle time to "cool down" here and there LOL

I posted the error offset here because I thought it might give some pointers about exactly what was going wrong (physics, graphics, sound, network whatnot) and help solve the issue

I just hate that laptops because of these overheating troubles.
Seem solved
Well, if anyone tries to run that game on a Toshiba Satellite laptop, here's what seem to have fix the issue (well, at least, I ran the game for 4 hours yesterday without a slowdown)

I installed NHC to monitor temperatures. At first things were getting a bit in the yellow zone despite the 12 ms sleep delay. So, I used the settings suggested in that post to get a decent framerate without pushing the CPU (capped it at 35 FPS). CPU was now staying green all the time without the need for sleep delay but crashes still occured so I figured CPU temps were not the reason for the crashes.

I pulled the "Graphic" tab in NHC, slid the acceleration slider to 50% and the thing never freezed again

Hope this can help someone else too...

Games freezes
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG