The online racing simulator
BMW Sauber: onboard videos
(17 posts, started )
I have done a few videos of biggies WR replays at South City and Fern Bay. The first 2 videos are fixed cameras of what I think is a more realistic cockpit view, the 3rd is of various different cameras shown over 1 lap.

Credit to biggie for the actual laps which I got off of lfsworld, stunning times and skill. Also credit to DaveWS for the soundpack which makes the BF1 sound good.

South City Long: http://www.livevideo.com/video ... ard-footage-lfs-so4-.aspx

Fern Bay Black: http://www.livevideo.com/video ... d-footage-lfs-fe-bla.aspx

South City Long Reversed: http://www.livevideo.com/video ... rd-footage-lfs-so4r-.aspx
Good job to both of you!
Some really nice fixed custom cameras, sure would like to se move movies made like this, good job .

O/T:
I have one question non related to the movie.
Can you somehow save positions for custom camera?
I'm at work now so I can't check that one and can't really remember something like that in LFS.
It would be really nice for movie makers (and other people) if that option is there.
You could also share easily custom cameras file with other people.

Sorry for the off topic ATC Quicksilver
Please upload these to youtube also This vid is also good preview of the new amazing sounds (I'd say new because DaveWS's soundpack really makes a huge difference compared to the default ones).

Youtube needs more well done simple this kind of type vids, that simply shows the gameplay. If you write "live for speed" to the youtube search box, you get hundreds of crappy "my first uber drift in the demo" type videos with bad fps... you know what I'm talking about. That does not give a good image for people that wants to know what LFS is.
Just WoW Burning through the tracks simply amazing custom views. ppl should make these kind of quality videos nowadays
Quicksilver>

Could you please tell me exactly what configurations did you use?
I mean Fraps recording speed, resolution, video editing program and compression data.
I just wanna make such a perfect quality video like your is
Quote from deggis :That's not with the Patch W sounds... or is it? :O

I can not tell if you like or dislike the sounds , it patch W indeed.
ok, then road and wind noise must be so high that it sounds totally different
FYI, everything was set to default. That does not mean that they are not too high, I am just letting you know. Actually I just made another one, in this one I cranked the engine, skid and wind volume way up, might have been a mistake, but, learning by doing:

LX6 @ Aston North

Edit: yeah, it was a mistake to increase the volume
Edit 2: Sorry for hijacking your thread QS, but you inspired me!

Edit 3: Last one:

FZ5 @ Fern Bay RallyCross Reversed
I used the pre-patch W DaveWS sounds, so they would sound different due to my own personal volume settings and since I don't use the test patches the sound fixes were not used.

Fraps settings:
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6912/frapssettingdt7.jpg

Graphics settings:
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9666/graphicsset1eu4.jpg
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9959/graphicsset2pu1.jpg

As for the views, I just played about for a while and tried to find realistic looking shots, then when I found a good one I recorded the whole lap. The I got all the clips and just cut them up making sure they joined properly.

The whole point of doing this was to show the potential of LFS with basic in game footage, rather than a bunch of poorly made drift videos. I don't use youtube anymore though, the quality is lower than livevideo and the majority of the content on youtube is anime or Japanese women bouncing about on camera.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to mention that I used Sony Vegas 6 to edit the video, and used custom settings to make sure the video was small but high quality. The largest one is 30mb but I made that too large by mistake...the others are about 5mb.
Quote from felplacerad :FYI, everything was set to default. That does not mean that they are not too high, I am just letting you know. Actually I just made another one, in this one I cranked the engine, skid and wind volume way up, might have been a mistake, but, learning by doing:

Edit: yeah, it was a mistake to increase the volume

When I did some Car Sound Remixer preview vids (which are deleted now btw and my whole account in youtube, I got too many copyright warnings from the staff ) and played around alot with the sound settings. I used to put wind volume completely off and use pretty low value for skid sound... if you watch real life onboard vids from race cars, you don't really hear the tyres screeching at all. The wind volume also just ruins the engine sound because youtube sound quality is not so great.

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I used the pre-patch W DaveWS sounds, so they would sound different due to my own personal volume settings and since I don't use the test patches the sound fixes were not used.

Pre-patch, do you mean the latest version DaveWS released separately before it got included in the test patches? That one in the video sounds better than it sounds in Patch W... maybe it also sounds different because of the higher echo sound in SO tracks? Maybe...

Quote :The whole point of doing this was to show the potential of LFS with basic in game footage, rather than a bunch of poorly made drift videos.

Exactly Too bad there are like 500000000 crappy "my first drift vid" in youtube and it's not really good first impression for someone who just wants to see pure gameplay.

Quote :and the majority of the content on youtube is anime or Japanese women bouncing about on camera.

Quote from deggis :Pre-patch, do you mean the latest version DaveWS released separately before it got included in the test patches? That one in the video sounds better than it sounds in Patch W... maybe it also sounds different because of the higher echo sound in SO tracks? Maybe...

I guess he means that yes. For some the patch W BF1 sound will seem worse, but this was due to clipping issues, meaning the sound had to be more subtle unfortunately.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
I must say I like the previous (version 3) BF1 sound better... difference is very small though.

Someone make quickly onboard vid with some GTR car to promote the new sounds If my primary desktop computer's power supply wouldn't be R.I.P. I could make it myself...
I'm waiting for the updated interiors before I make the videos of the GTR class cars. Next few videos i'm going to do will be examples of an online race from a fixed camera.

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG