The online racing simulator
before s3?
(19 posts, started )
before s3?
are u guys gonna add any new cars before the official release of s3? cos i really am kinda getting tired of the same old cars :P no offense :P
No one knows, now shh!
No one can give you a definite answer at this moment, even the devs, I guess. S2 still needs time to be finalize, I am sure the devs are working on some of the S3 content, as adding a new car or track cannot be done by a week or two.

Well, no one knows the future. Maybe the DP1 in the suggestion forum will be added to S3, who knows? IMO, I'm just still new to this game thro, I still please what I own right now, got tons of cars and configurations to be try out in the future.

Personally, I would like to have another open-wheel car, coz I love them
Quote from Dyllaann :are u guys gonna add any new cars before the official release of s3? cos i really am kinda getting tired of the same old cars :P no offense :P

Wait untill S2 is ATLEAST a BETA before you talk about S3 dude.
except he was talking about before s3... dude.
you cant call what we're playing a beta...because the beta version was released as, what is now the demo version...we're in s2 version v
Quote from bigj6230 :you cant call what we're playing a beta...because the beta version was released as, what is now the demo version...we're in s2 version v

Well if you look at the game when you load it up it says S2 ALPHA V0.5.
Yes, 0.6 is S2 version number (I'd assume, with 0.3 being S1).
#9 - SamH
Yep, it's Alpha. Alpha means that planned features and content are not yet present in the releases.

Once everything that is planned is there, we move on to Beta. Big note, though.. the Beta phase will be really short. A week or two at most is my guess.. just as long as it takes to make sure everything works as it should with no odd behaviour.

Then off we all go into Final Release, or as some call it, Golden Master.

[edit] this is not a stage I'm looking forward to.. everything will go quiet as the devs take a break (20-30 mins? )before diving headfirst into S3.
We won't get any additional cars unless something unusual happens and another real-life car finds its way into S2 (like what happened with the BMW Sauber F1.06).

Or unless the devs capitulate and let us have the long-lost, mythical LX8.
Quote from thisnameistaken :We won't get any additional cars unless something unusual happens and another real-life car finds its way into S2 (like what happened with the BMW Sauber F1.06).

would be very cool, then we have 4 GTRs 0.o =D
Quote from BlakjeKaas :would be very cool, then we have 4 GTRs 0.o =D

Fourth one wouldn't do a damn thing unless we get proper class balancing first. Same goes to TBO and the clown car hatchbacks.
Nononono, LX8 should be on it's own class, would be silly to put it against cars with wings!
Quote from thisnameistaken :We won't get any additional cars unless something unusual happens and another real-life car finds its way into S2 (like what happened with the BMW Sauber F1.06).

I certainly hope this is not the case. There are so many classes of cars that are not yet represented. A small MR2-like mid engine car would be a perfect addition to the XRG and XFR. A V8 sedan (saloon) is desperately needed to satisfy the oval crowd. We need some sort of mid-engine supercar (and maybe a V10 FR to compete with it). I wouldn't mind seeing a sprint car and a trophy truck. The list goes on and on.

There are a lot of possibilities and many classes of cars which are not yet represented in LFS. I hope that we'll have a least a few of these added before S2 is done.
Quote from Cue-Ball :I certainly hope this is not the case. There are so many classes of cars that are not yet represented.

But I don't think you'll see them before S3. The reason I suggested we might see the LX8 is because it wouldn't require much work (in comparison to an all-new car type, and given that it was originally going to be in S2 a lot of the work might already have been done).
Quote from thisnameistaken :But I don't think you'll see them before S3. The reason I suggested we might see the LX8 is because it wouldn't require much work (in comparison to an all-new car type, and given that it was originally going to be in S2 a lot of the work might already have been done).

Again, I hope that is not the case. We're only in Alpha mode for S2 right now. There's still plenty of time to add cars and tracks. We've seen what Scawen has been doing. I can only assume that Eric has been similarly productive. Since S2 came out only two layouts for Aston and one car (the BF1) have been added. We already know for sure that GTR interiors are forthcoming. I'm hopeful that at least a few cars are in store as well.
Well there was, what, a dozen circuits and eight cars in S1? So S2 already brought more content than S1. I'm as keen for new content as anybody, I just don't share your optimism.

But I must confess I am not famed for my optimism.
Of all the cars in LFS the one I am having the most fun with right now and the only one I am interested in driving is the XRT. Thats one of the original 3. As for additional cars before S3 there are several possiblities. There is the DP1 if the devs decide to include it. We could get some other yet unknown real world or independant concept car, there is the seldom mentioned Rally pack and what ever cars it would bring if it gets done. There is also out in the design limbo the LX8 which was pulled in favor of the UF1 and UFR. Prior to the BF1 it was rumored to be the fastest car in LFS and was in its own class.

As for what version LFS is in as the mod said we are still in S2 Alpha. There are still features of this version that are not yet included in our version. Once all planded features are in LFS S2 will become a Beta and once all bugs are crushed and the version is stabe it will become S2 Final and we will have a long time of little contact with the devs as they work on what ever they plan to do for the next release version.

If you are bored with the cars and tracks now then you will be really bored in 1-2 years when we are waiting for the first release of S3.

before s3?
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG